Huntsman Kruber nerfed way too hard

I think there’s a lot of dangerous situations in this game, and speccing that specifically and having a career that only killes 3-4 CWs under perfect conditions, but does everything else worse is indeed a wasted slot. A merc/RV/FK/IB with handgun can elitekill just as well as a HS, and brings a lot of other things to be table, only missing out on that one very specific thing of being able to kill CWs ranged.

2 Likes

A lot of the runs that I’ve wiped to in QP specifically have been silent or pulled Chaos patrols. I’d rather horde clear worse and let whoever in my run has strong clear fill that role while I bust out the halberd. Sure every class w the handgun can clear elites but they’ll run out of ammo faster, do it slower with no reload talents, and have a less effective range.

The closest career to HS IMO is Xbow or volley BH. We’ve compared the two In this post ad nauseum. I think we can all agree that BH is equal or better at many things, but worse at a very lethal thing (dealing w an aggroed, sometimes silent, chaos pat). Seeing as I die to chaos pats or just a ton of untimely ambient CWS more than hordes or packs of berserkers, I personally feel like huntsman still has some value. I can see how others may not agree.

1 Like

Yeah I can understand your point of view. It might have something to do with what other players we play with as well. Some people seem to die alot from plague/zerkers (mostly due to impatience, I think. Just hold block and let someone else deal with them, if you don’t have a weapon fast enough to dance around them). Other people struggle with CW patrols.

It depends a bit on the team comp as well, of course. If he could do that CW killing with both handgun and longbow without needing to spec into it like a madman, and still do good boss damage without having to spec into it like a madman, he would be much better and you could spec him more how you wanted to. Basically, like in 1.07 where you could take 3 slots to be able to bodyshot SV, and still do respectable damage to both bosses and CW.

2 Likes

Tldr of this thread:

Bring back 1.07 huntsman because taking 2 headshots with ultimate to kill a CW with bow that doesn’t even have great accuracy to begin with or using a relatively slow RoF handgun with 50% niche power vs rolls (including 20% from talents) just to get to the one shot headshot isn’t really any player’s definition of a fair and balanced nerf.

I’m all for making bow 1 HS CW and handgun 1 BS CW again. I don’t think that would make him OP but it would at least restore his roll.

1 Like

The problem is this if I may. I used my ult twice with a purple potion on a chaos warrior pack and I only killed one. Now that was the break point for me. I have tried the handgun and its extremely slow firing and still takes many shots to kill Chaos warriors unless you crit. The character has become very RNG based and this makes him feel extremely underpowered at the moment. Now adding a 10% armor wont change that also the boss damage is greatly nerfed too. He does about the same as a good Waystalker or BH now. So I feel they are better choices overall as they bring faster charging and more reliable ultimates and better damage reliability. Also they can clear hordes better.

The bounty hunter with the crossbow does more damage and ofcourse the elf with the homing missile you can guarantee head shots. The class feels wee

2 Likes

Get real, hunter is better than most in his ranged role.

He do not do worse in meele than other kruber roles, (not much)

1 Like

With all the hullbaloo about cosmetics and dailys, let’s not forget that HS is still completely shafted, and FS haven’t lifted a finger to fix HS, or Kruber’s other lackluster careers.

2 Likes

Huntsman seems to me to be perfectly fine in capable hands, and obviously he had to be toned down.

2 Likes

Huntsman still has:
1-bodyshot vs stormvermin
1 or 2 bodyshot every special
High ammo generation with crit on headshot
Ability to clear hordes if you line your shots right
Permanent stun lock on 2 CW at once if you hit your headshots
Complete knockdown of maulers on bodyshots

I have a 40% CD reduction setup and currently I feel this is optimal even over crit chance. You can use your ult twice or more every boss fight even without conc potion.

I agree his ult is quite underwhelming against CW now, but keep in mind you can still easily kill CW at range outside of ult. Bounty hunter doesn’t have enough armor piercing and his ult only works against one CW at a time.
I don’t know a lot about the ranged ability of the elf careers, but I believe they also need to land headshots.

Going into melee should always be faster to kill a CW, because you also take more risk.

4 Likes

He doesn’t have anything on BH, Pyro and WS, trust me. He is clunky AF to use and his ult is meaningless now. BH kills a rothelm/mauler with a bodyshot every 7s or on melee. Staggers CW with headshots just as easily.
You’d need 27% vs Stormvermin to bodyshot them as HS (bow), whereas BH again, every 7s or on crit, and his xbow has 10% extra crit anyway.

Pyro demolishes anything that isn’t a CW or armored lord, capable of staggering basically anything in the game, and makes SV patrols trivial with the right setup. With a strength pot, she does the same to CW pats. And no, I’m not talking about beam staff.

WS has melee weapons that are 2000x better than Kruber - mobile, fast weapons that keep her alive long after the slow AF hobo is dead. Aside from CW, her bow does everything Kruber’s does on headshots, and it’s actually easy to get headshots with it. She has a really useful ult, and even has health regen. Oh, and she has actual ammo regen, unlike HS which runs out of ammo super duper fast unless you land headshots on everything with the slow, clunky, no-zoom bow.

Killing CW at ranged and boss damage was literally the only things that made HS worth picking. His ult is terrible, his bow is terrible, his handgun is super, duper slow to reload. He is worse at everything else than the other ranged characters, so it was kinda the only thing he had going for him. Now bringing him is a complete waste of time, and a wasted slot. If you want to kill CW fast, bring a slayer or a zealot. HS just pokes at them ineffectually.

2 Likes

You clearly have not played huntsman enough.

7 Likes

He can 1 shot SV in the body on champ but not on legend without the required breakpoints. Looks like you haven’t played enough huntsman too.

1 Like

Headshot or Crit if you’re playing Legend. No need to take stats with those either.

Same as every other ranged character in other words, but with none of their benefits.

2 Likes

FS if you are reading this please bring him back to the way he was in 1.07. I want my old krub back.

1 Like

meh, my kruber is 30+130 now about half of that was FK the other half was Huntsman, FK felt way easier across the board (outside 1.0.8) basically a giant handicap the whole time, free block for 10 seconds after charge, hits barely hurt you ect. That said in the current game im still doing fine on Huntsman, I think he should prolly be returned back to his 1.0.7 state considering that other ranged careers are far easier to play with to yield the same if not better results currently, but I certainly can still carry a match, i’ve finished my black armor and im 50/100 legend runs towards my helmet for huntsman and the only games i’ve lost so far were to backend errors, host D/Cs or us just simply quitting when we failed to do one of the Legend Challenges.

Krubers biggest failings are as follows:

FK is very tanky and has utility but compared to IB who can run drakeguns and do decent ranged / boss / special damage FK is limited to BB or Handgun which are both low ammunition weapons that do little to hurt bosses, so overall he brings less to the table

Merc is basically a horde clearing hero, and hordes are trivial

Huntsman is fine but has a higher skill floor than pretty much every other ranged class to be effective on legend and even then is easily rivaled by braindead play like BH / Pyro

Kruber’s weapon options are ABSURDLY limited compared to other classes

Melee: Halberd (or I guess exe / 2h hammer if you are merc / FK respectively)

i think the argument of which is most powerful between hobo/bounty/unchained/pyro can go around in circles till the sun cools but at the end f the day its a bit moot as they are all game destroyingly OP.

even after this so called nerf hobo is still clearly god tier that trivialises the game.

and at this point its time to move on its fairly clear FS’s view of this game being melee focused has changed and even if it isnt the balance is coming in such small steps we would need 3 or 4 rounds of nerfs as they slowly whack a mole them down one by one to balance.

1 Like

ARE YOU A HERETIC OF THE FOUL CHAOS SPAWN???

They’re all strong and none of them should get buffed. Only fixed and nerfed.