Huntsman - Bodyshot Headshots (Sure Shot 2.0)

With high ping I shoot to an enemy, I hit it, but nothing happens… I don’t know the reason behind, but there is a problem.

?.. the aggressive talents (two entire rows), Free Shot apart (wich is useless with Longbow), are all about headshots.

I think it’s still nothing compared with Bloodshot / Blessed Shot with faster weapons… but just personal opinions. I don’t want to start a discussion about this, wich is also a little bit off topic.

Anyway, in my opinion, the most important thing is how these headshots are rewarded… I would like something more unique, more efficient.

Interactions in terms of blocking, thp gain and dodging are delayed

however the enemy hitboxes are not affected by ping; if you hit a target on your screen they’ll get hit (their stagger/death will be delayed based on the ping, however)

Hit registration is client-side

1 Like

only one row is dedicated to headshots entirely. As for free shots and longbow…why would you play longbow if not going for headshots on most targets? you’d be better off with a different weapon

1 Like

Yea hit registration. But are the enemies animations not delayed? So if i think an enemy is just standing there, when in fact he is already swinging for me. Or when i think he is still standing there and i shoot, when he just started walking out of my arrow. Or Does ping not affect that?
What i mean is, ping shows a delayed position of enemies and their animations. So when aiming for a head it can impact that. it might have less of a noticable impact because people most likely melee anyway or aim for bodyshots.

Nope, doesn’t affect that at all. I’d have to be a literal psychic to play the content I do if that were the case :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe you got used to it :). I honestly never played on 300+ ping before, but i cannot imagine trying to snipe a moving target in the head.

it’s not that bad, just a learning curve

also, you should see what I can do on host :wink:

2 Likes

In my opinion the rows headshots based are two, practically every offensive talent… but I respect your opinion and I don’t want to convince you.

About the second question, because it can be fun to someone and to improve the variety… for example BH and WS can use Crossbow and Elf Bow also without an high headshots ratio.

Ok but the Level 20 row is the only headshot focused row
level 10’s only headshot reliant talent is One In The Eye. Keep 'Em Coming (free shots) isn’t headshot based and Make 'Em Bleed is crit based

Makin’ it look easy is a solid safety net for Empire Longbow. Up to a 45% chance of scoring a crit after a headshot. Basically a 1 in 2 chance of the next shot being a kill.

Handgun is capable of body shotting every special, that alone is competitive with blessed shot.

Blunderbuss can score headshots, I don’t go for them unless I need ammunition. I typically run Keep it coming + Shot Crafter + 40% cooldown and rarely have ammo problems. Not to mention blunderbuss doesn’t really need headshots to do well.

Repeater Handgun is my least used ranged weapon on Huntsman but again it can still score headshots. The accuracy when standing still is solid and with the right build, ammo sustain isn’t a problem.

I’d much rather see QoL changes to Huntsman or general buffs to make him feel more rewarding without making him feel easy or gimmicky.

@Incandescent @anon75893681 Any thoughts on areas of Huntsman that might need to be buffed?

I think he could do with cleave thp.

Thrill of the Hunt could be made more rewarding.

He could have some more interesting ult talents; I’d love to see Haste return as a ult talent for Hunter’s Prowl. (6 seconds of increased fire rate + bottomless clip.)

Some people think One in the Eye is redundant/wasted due to breakpoints; an overkill mechanic could be interesting.

Maybe some other talents I’m forgetting or just unsure about e.g Call Out Weakness.

1 Like

Keep it Coming, as said, is one exception… you right. But Make 'em Bleed works fine (and, imho, it remains a “meh” talent anyway) only with a good headshots ratio… wich lets you stack a good crit%.

Agree with this

Tbh I’d like to see the power on headshots make a return. Would like to see an ult buff of some kind too. Hell, I’d be ok with Sure Shot if it was tied exclusively to his ult granted it would become the meta talent choice straight away

2 Likes

Maybe okay as an ult talent, still the issue of blunderbuss being stupidly OP.

1 Like

Hard disagree. It’s basically shrapnel on melee or ranged crit, on a class with a high base crit chance. Not only does it help both melee and ranged damage output for yourself, for tankier targets like bosses and CWs it can mean significantly more damage for your whole team. Competing on the same row as extra headshot damage is the only thing I could say against it.

3 Likes

Maybe the talent itself is good… but I find it’s the worst choice on that row. Because, using Bow or Handgun, headshot talent gives more dps… while, in general, Blunder and Rep work better with Keep it Coming (since the free shot).

But, sure, personal opinion… moreover I like the idea behind that talent!

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I thought you were joking about headshots being RNG which is not true. The head hitbox is wonky but if you learn where to hit then you can make consistent headshots. For example: you can still score a headshot on an assassin rat by hitting the space to the left or right of the head.

You seem to brag a lot about your skills. You’re right. I don’t care because everyone has the ability to get better with practice. I just don’t understand how you’re having difficulty scoring headshots.

You can on most man sized enemies like the Stormvermin. Chaos Spawns do have to be facing you but I still don’t understand why you’re complaining about not being able to headshot from behind? You do know how to maneuver around enemies, right?

This right here is why you’re missing headshots and, yes, it’s a lack of skill. You never aim directly at an enemy’s head when the enemy is moving. You have to anticipate the movement and you also have to know where the hitboxes are which you can learn in the modded realm with creature spawner. Enemies move and that’s something you have to learn to work around.

Actually, it’s me who has wasted my time with you. I’ve seen several of your posts and you seem to not understand a lot of the game’s mechanics and functions. Like how you said PC power affected the number of enemy spawns which it doesn’t. The CPU only affects enemy pathing. It does not increase the number of enemies in the game. If it did, it would be completely unplayable for me and several other players.

I tried to be nice to you but you always respond negatively with unwarranted hostility. You also insult other players trying to help you. Maybe you should go read the forum guidelines again. I’m sorry but I can no longer try to help you. Please be nice and refrain from condescending other players that don’t match up to your “skills.”

Am I the only one who thought that beta talent which got you a sure shot stack every 8 melee hits was pretty cool? If sure shot was limited to that one talent, was restricted to 1 stack max at a time, and was put on a row with some of his more competitive pre-existing options I think it would be a really nice reward for dipping into melee with HS. Its interaction with blunder wouldn’t be particularly problematic given the conditions already listed. Mauler problem could be fixed by simply making them immune to sure shot. This way it would be a solid choice for blunder regardless, and could be used by lower skill players to help lower the skill floor without trivialising anything.

2 Likes

Passive healing boost (like boon of shallya) OR change THP generating Talents.

Maybe give him a Melee buff in some way.

Also the Crit=Shrapnel Talent should turn into either Maim or the Power stacking. Power Stacking would also be a Melee buff.

1 Like

Thoughts on Burst of Enthusiasm?
Could be better if it was ranged THP on kill or cooldown reduction/rate on ranged headshots

2 Likes

That Talent is outpicked on every Ranged Weapon. Even on RH, I take “Makin’ It Look Easy”, even though you mostly body shot.

Blunderbus - Makin’ It Look Easy (Hunter), or Thrill of The Hunt
Handgun - Thrill of The Hunt (100% pick)
Repeater Handgun - Makin It Look Easy
Longbow - Makin’ It look Easy

CDR could offer people more body shot kills (via Ult), without a random free headshot mechanic.

Another idea would be to merge the THP Talent with Maim or the Shrap on Crit(or headshot) Talent.