How to Imrpove FPS with 20xx/30xx series

Step 1 Download dlssg-to-fsr3 (Replace Nvidia DLSS-G Frame Gen with AMD FSR 3 Frame Gen) at Modding Tools - Nexus Mods this

Step 2 Unpack it and run DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg then press yes

Step 3 go to \Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE\binaries

Step 4 Drop the following files there “dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll” and “nvngx.dll”

Step 5 Start the Game > Load Character> Press ESC >Options>Video >scroll down to performance >Nvidia DLSS>turn Frame generation ON

Step 6 enjoy massive fps boost , my fps went from 90 on max to 230

Uninstall instructions: 1. Right click on “RestoreNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg” and select “Merge”. Click “Yes” when the dialog opens, then delete “dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll” and “nvngx.dll” in your Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE\binaries folder.

sadly It does make the HUD a bit jittery and as far as i am aware there is currently no fix for it.

8 Likes

The ghosting of the HUD is quite bad actually but the game plays 10x smoother.
It kinda ruined the game for me, can’t play without it anymore but with it isn’t great either…

2 Likes

RTX 3060
did this. My Nvidia overlay didnt showed difference in FPS. But game did felt smoother. At least i wasnt raging at lags and stutters every 5 minutes

I’m gonna try this out. Thanks for the tip!

Aite. It works. The jittery UI is weird, but honestly worth it.

Wonder if we can get a fix to the FPS fix now.

Will this work with a 980 GTX? I can manage about 30 frames on my ancient backup, but curious if I can squeeze more out with this.

No, you need an RTX card for this so it would need at least a 2000 or 3000 series.

1 Like

Yea frame gen is amazing! I went from a 3060 TI to a 4070 TI and it literally tripled my fps, even though it really shouldn’t!

Make sure your AI frame gen is on if isn’t already. You’ll get the massive frame boost.

I didn’t initially get the boost either because I had that disabled.

1 Like

it’s a setting in game? Ok, i’ll look into it. Thx!

Yes it should be visible afterwards in Video settings , i forgot to mention that.

Thanks , forgot to mention it fixed it

Ok. now i have gibbering UI.
And i instantly noticed, that the bigger UI frame is - the bigger the problem. Something like dodge count UI doesnt gibber too much. So it got me thinking how it would look like with minimalistic UI set up, like the one Tanner is using. It should be less of a problem there. Since all UI elements are small and their gibbering wont feel so drastically

1 Like

It does work and the HUD does jitter, but here’s something from the mod’s page:

Since several people got into the game for long enough to test it, it’s probably safe? I know I tried upgrading the FSR version in the past and EAC did prevent the game from launching for me personally, but I was replacing DLLs in the game’s directory, which this method doesn’t do.

Yes it works , modding in general is allowed with some limits aka cheating and all this does is giving you access to the frame gen option.

and which mod is that?

it’s the mod I posted , but it’s irrelevant since you can mod Darktide

Crosshair HUD + Custom HUD.

Gibbering is still there. But it’s not that atrocious

1 Like

After doing steps as said, it seems not to work, as no such option as “AI frame generation” appeared in options. (can’t upload picture of said options for some reason)

If you are using 2 monitors - i would advise you not to install this mod for now. I dont know if it’s correlated. But after i installed this mod - i have problem with my PC connecting to the second monitor

1 Like