How does armory, Emperor Gift, Melk shop and Mystery Acquisitions work? - Data Collecting

Do we have a compelling guide for all of those? Or does anyone have info on “range” of weapons
perks and blessings that are assigned to it? (except for information from one of previous patches that after reaching 30th level we will not see anything with stats below 300?)

From my personal experience, in case of 30 level Character (Veteran) I’ve observed as below:
(I know, I know talking about experience in case of RNG is foolish at the minimum)

1. Brunts armory:
    Weapons with stats in range between 300 - 380,
    a) White weapons (well just like above)
    b) Green weapons stats between 300 - 380, perks with 2nd (very rare occurrence), 3rd (most common) and 4th level perks.
    c) Blue weapons stats between 300 - 380, perks just like above, but in case of blessings I have never seen IVth level blessing here. Most common are Ist and IInd level blessings with very, very occasional IIIrd.
    d) Curios with Blessing between 67 - 80 for green and blue and reaching 105 rating at most for blue but usually between 89-97 total.

Here is where I’m getting confused…
If Green weapon is bought and then upgraded with plasteel to blue, you have higher chance for IIIrd or even IVth level blessing at Hadron’s shrine (with very rare IInd tier level blessing).
I think I would rather have only white and green equipment put at display in Brunts armory (except for curios!).
Unless it was made on purpose so we could collect all tier I and II blessings at Brunts and IIIrd and IVth level from Melk or via Emperor gifts.

1. Emperor Gifts
    Uprising - no idea, I’m guessing white.
    Sedition - no idea…
    Malice - no idea
    Heresy - Blue / Purple?
    Damnation - Purple / Gold with Purple being a standard for LF or “no condition” missions but if you’re unlucky you can get it even on Hi-Int Troop Gauntlet. I sometimes think it might be connected to either grimms or scriptures and personal “score” but I’m not sure.

Still usually Emperor gift has rating between 300 and 380 with possible 2nd, 3rd and 4th level perks and all levels of blessings. I have a weird feeling that if weapon has low base stats it usually have either both Blessings on IIIrd or IVth level.

1. Melk
    a) Shop:
    Only Purple and Gold with stats range between 300 - 380 but I have not seen anything below 320 lately. 2nd, 3rd and 4th level perks (3rd being most common), Blessings between II and IVth level with IIIrd being quite common.

b) Mystery Acquisitions:
I have no idea, except for one solid: all weapon and curio rarity levels can be received there.

So… does anyone have actual values how perks and blessings are assigned to the weapons?
Or can share some of personal experience?

2 Likes

Might be wrong, but I don’t think it’s possible to get a tier 4 blessing when upgrading to blue. Only orange.

Green or blue mostly, purple very, very rare. Can’t remember if I got any golds from malice.

1 Like

And this is where I have to correct you! Yes. Yes, you can get level IV blessing from such an upgrade.
I’ve added 5 IVth tier blessings to my collection this way within last 2 weeks. It’s not very common but I would say… I get one per 15-20 green weapons upgraded? Something close.

1 Like

Its possible, but very rare. I witnessed it with my own 2 eyes :slight_smile:
You have quite higher chance though when upgrading from T3 to T4 weapon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction.

This is also interesting to me because I have the same feeling.
I think when I personally don’t do good or there are just too many horde-clearing psykers and sharpshooters in the group, I get a purple instead of orange, but I just can’t be sure.

1 Like

Honestly fatshark should just provide us all the numbers in terms of odds and interactions so we don’t have to guess and brute force it with google docs over hundreds and thousands of attempts to try and get a model of it… assuming patches don’t change it.

1 Like

Orange is Heresy and Damnation only, but an Orange from Heresy is quite rare even on a grim run. Damnation is mostly oranges with some purples.

Anyway in the 400+ weapons I’ve upgraded, I think that them nerfing armory exchange blues was a terrible move. The item quality at max level favors blues, so this just makes armory exchange a lot less likely to have anything worth buying. I find the whites and greens easier to make into a good weapon since they roll T3s often and can make something good enough. If they wanted to address people’s issues more greens and whites (and curios) would go a long way. But remove locks too.

You can gamble on these blue items, which can pay off, but its the same issue as the rest of the item acquisition. It doesn’t pay off more often than not (especially starting with a blue item) and good luck finding another high modifier score that has said modifiers allocated well to try again.

2 Likes

Yeah this is the main issue with the system right now. In order to “perfect” an item it needs at least one correct perk and blessing so that you can reroll the other one to complete the set. If we can’t even get t3s let alone t4s on store bought blues anymore that dramatically cuts the number of ideal items we have access to. Now the only way we have of making good items is crafting up from white/green or melk’s shop. Emperors gifts and brunts give 370+ items so rarely they’re not even worth considering.

All they have to do is either remove locks or let us purchase the ability to remove locks and tweak bar stats by paying tons of diamantine. That solves the frustration and also gives us a diamantine sink, without which it’s kinda useless because we have so much of it.

2 Likes

To be honest, the only good items i got was upgrading whites from store, very very rare from emp gift or melk.

Spend 500K gold on weapons, get 3 that are over 370 base and upgrade them hoping 1 of the 2 perks and blessings is the one I want on the tier I want so that item will not be bricked…

1 Like

@Lt.DavinFelth,

I think you’re conflating Brunt’s Armory (specific Profane tier weapon of your choice with a maximum range of 300-380) with the Armoury Exchange (random set of Profane-Anointed tier weapons between 300-380 base modifier rating).

I have a very detailed write-up on weapon progression strategies that you might find helpful here:

TL;DR,

1. Most (95%) level 380 base-modifier weapons come from the Armoury Exchange. Having 4 level 30 characters maximizes the chances of at least one of them seeing a level 380 in the store at any given time.

2. Sire Melk tends to have 1-6+ T4 Blessings (across 4 characters) daily. Farm weekly missions on all of your characters so that you’ll have plenty of marks when something good happens.

3. You can use the Armoury Exchange browser plugin and set up filters to help you figure out when a desirable item is available (either in the Armoury Exchange or Sire Melk’s) for one of your characters and snatch it up.

This is my optimized strategy for getting the best gear. I have about 80 level 380 base modifer weapons, many of them are upgraded to Transcendent quality, and a couple are even level 550 item rating.

1 Like

I don’t use this mod (yet) , but I strongly suspect unless you do and have it sitting there alongside you while you - do something else - then you’ve little chance of stumbling across something good if you look once a day. It happens. It’s just rare.

If you look on the store yes. If you spend 500K gold on a weapon, you have very high chance at least 3 pieces from those 50 will be 370+ base rating.

Thats how I got most of my good weapons. Armory exchange plugin is good to check if other characters you don’t play have any T4 blessings on Melk.

Nonetheless, i do have filters set up for basic store for items with 360+, 370+ and 380+ rating

Did they silently nerf average item rating in Armory Exchange, or am I already paranoid?
I saw no 380s since patch #10 and only a few 370s across my 5 chars. I do play a lot less last couple of weeks so that might be just small sample bias.

On another note I also feel like Damnation rewards are based on personal score, but not kills, because I get mostly useless t2-t3 gear on my purgatus psyker. I get a lot better gear on my Zealot which almost never dies and picks up downed teammates a lot.

I also get the feeling that the probability of getting random T4 blessing is higher with 2 grims.

To be honest such game mechanics obfuscation is just ridiculous. IMHO this kind of information should be readily available to players to incentivize playing on higher difficulty.

I do. I have 3 monitors on my gaming rig. While playing DT, one of the monitors has the Armoury Exchange on it, the game on the other, and Discord on the last.

Every couple of games, I quickly browse through the [ordo docket] store on all four characters to see if there’s something I want (this only takes a few seconds to check):

You can see right now there’s a 372 Shovel for sale for my Ogryn, but since I’m only interested in 376 or higher, it’s de-emphasized using my filters:

With these settings, items that are 376 modifier or higher will appear in bright green:

Items with a T4 Blessing and/or 380 modifier score will appear in red:

That’s my setup, and between my 4 characters, usually, 1-3 of them will have a level 370+ weapon for sale at any given time. I feel that if you play the long game, and collect slowly, this is far more cost-effective than spending hundreds of thousands of dockets on Brunt’s Armoury.

2 Likes

I got another 380 this morning, so they’re still showing up in the Armoury Exchange.

I have the scoreboard mod, and have not seen any direct correlation between the drops I get and my performance :expressionless: … I think it’s just another RNG dice roll :frowning:

I agree, and this was more or less true in VT2 - if you wanted Red (perfect) weapons, you farm Legend Full Book runs. In DT, 95% of my level 380 modifier weapons have come from the Armoury Exchange, and the other 5% are from Melk’s. Most of my T4 Blessings were scavenged from weapons bought from Melk’s.

I would love to see better/more consistent Emperor rewards that coincided with difficulty, but that would probably require Fatshark to take another look at Map/Modifier selection. I don’t know that Fatshark can decouple maps and mission modifiers in their as-built implementation. They can add more maps to the selection screen (which they have done) or possibly modify the array of missions to always include at least one high-intensity for each difficulty tier on each rotation.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.