Hotfix #41 (1.4.1) Patch Notes

It needed a nerf bad, but you’ll never convince me going about it in a way that barely touched knife while massively tuning down claw sword was a sensible approach.

Why on earth did they not just reduce the cooldown values so it reduced the effectiveness of the talent across the board rather than transforming it into something that is just a function of attack speed? Is the design intent of the talent now really meant to heavily favour high attack speed weapons over slower cleaving ones?

I cannot understand the approach taken to balancing this talent whatsoever. I would have just cut the cooldown reduction to like 0.5 seconds per proc and stopped there. Would have maintained the flexibility of the talent with weapon choice and knife would have appropriately hurt for it along with cleaving weapons.

5 Likes

You know i usually avoid answering you… but this is some kettle calling the pot black kinda irony .

Please fix the freezing that happens randomly during game. Can’t finish any mission without freezing and getting kicked out of a match (error 2001)

2 Likes

Fix is on darktide modder server. Here you can find it if you can’t wait the patch:

Patch should come today they said…
the fix works like a charm, I did not get any error after.

1 Like

Didn’t freeze after that, thank you for the fix.

Best take I’ve read on this issue. Invocation of Death was way too loaded, but the change just targeted one set of weapons instead of being an overall change.

Reducing CDR would have been a way better target.

2 Likes

invokes Vulcan raise of one eyebrow

And you are surprised? The whole setup only violates every bloody rule, best practice, and plain common sense of QA. Plus it’s less secure and still leaves you with no way to actually stress-test each version in as close to a live environment as possible.

Frankly I have two different theories about this. One is that someone is actively trying to sabotage Darktide due to its not being VT3-in-space. The other is that ObeseTubaFish is so cheap that the cost of having a dedicated test server is too much so they opted for this as the cheaper alternative.

1 Like