Hotfix #28 (1.2.21)

Testing? That’s a word FatShark has never heard of. The only testing they do is in the live enviroment, which is why we were unpaid (or rather, reverse paid) testers for a year before the game was in any kind of even near-presentable state.

5 Likes

They probably posted it but made it hidden until it was ready to get pushed to Xbox / steam. They did the same thing with the anniversary part 2 update, although that one was only posted a few hours before they “revealed” it iirc

2 Likes

Nice, I was talking about having this type of change yesterday.

1 Like

So the flame damage after one second drops from 234 to around 120?
That is a notable improvement. Granted, still not a place where I’d consider damage resistance against bombers to make sense, but notable.
Also nice to actually know the multiplier now.

1 Like

I know it’s already been said but thank you again for adjusting the fire.

Damn. I know people were unhappy about the fire doing more damage, but this faucet of the issue needed to be prioritized above all else

Why is Warren 6-19 taking up 2 slots of the Auric mission board, still? Can we put it into normal rotation now please? Mercantile didn’t get this long on the board, and I’m sure most people have had their first run of it by now.

I’d very much like to be comfortable using Quickplay again.

Mercantile had guaranteed slots for 2 weeks.

Fatshark, if you insist on breaking your own mission board design for new missions, can you please add an additional slot per difficulty instead of having the new map take up a slot per difficulty? Or just break the design once and for all and let us choose the map and difficulty.

3 Likes

I think 2 weeks is waaay too long. Feels like it should be maybe a weekend? Give everyone a chance to try it guaranteed then pop it into rotation?

It kinda irks me that it was ever decided that 2 weeks was the right number. Who decided that, exactly? What was the reasoning behind it?

They’re probably still haunted by their content creators creating videos saying they still haven’t been able to play the new map when Comms-plex was released, and then with the next new maps we got this bandaid, but I believe it was only a week, because two maps came out (eventually) with patch 10 (Archivum Sycorax and Ascension Riser).

So now we have this compromise where the new map is available guaranteed for 2 weeks but it chops down on the availability of other maps in a difficulty and worsening the new map effect skewing quickplay.

2 Likes

Oh you just need to contact NASA for one of their quantum computers. They have a DARKTIDE department, just call 1-800-LOCKS

1 Like

You are adding the scale not the actual numbers. They didn’t actually adjust the damage of it, just the ramp and the tick spread. If you read those original number, if you stood in the fire for 1 second it was already dealing over double damage, and still scaling per .2 seconds. Now the first 1 second of 3 ticks will only deal the same damage until you get past 1 full second. I think the fact that it used to tick 5 times per second and each tick scaled by .25, .50 and then another .5. So lets say the original damage was 10 then you would take 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 22.5, 25 in 1 second. Now you take 30 in 1 second from 3 10-damage ticks. This is assuming the fire deals damage at .0 seconds.

Its not a difficulty issue, its the fact that the damage keeps scaling while they are in there so by the time you res them they are at like 20x damage scaling.

The scaling changes and tick interval alone will cause much less damage. They did not address the revive thing though which is the last main concern. If fire stacks then you are boned regardless, that’s a much higher failure on your part at that point.

I’m not familiar with the base damage do you have the number?

DingX233 provided the numbers, above, in form of a question:

Using these as base with the provided ramp up numbers in a spread sheet gave values that feel somewhat realistic. I assumed first damage at 0 seconds, which would mean the old value was 234 damage after a second, and the new would be 126 104 (miscalc there) after 1.05 seconds.
If the first tick is only after the tick cooldown, the new damage would actually be even somewhat lower compared to before, as the old value at 1.4 seconds would have been 294. In that case, dmg resistance against Bombers almost approaches usefulness.

Granted, I have no idea if these values are correct, but they do seem to be in the right ballpark.

Yeah i was just asking if you know what the actual base damage for the first tick is.

Previously: 1, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 3.0, 3.25, 3.5

Converted to actual damage: 24, 30, 36, 48, 54, 60, 72, 78, 84 (84 after 1.8 seconds)

Now: 1, 1, 1, 1.25, 1.25, 1.3, 1.35, 1.5, 1.5, 1.6, 1.75, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 3.0, 3.0, 3.25

Converted to actual damage: 24, 24, 24, 30, 30, 31.2, 36, 36, 38.4, 42, 48, 54, 60, 72, 72, 78 (78 after 5.6 seconds, the total duration of the flame floor is 7.25 seconds)

The accessories of Blood scab Fire Thunder Soldier and Spitfire Soldier are now correctly activated. In addition to melee attacks, they can also correctly reduce the continuous damage of Direct Spitfire and Flame Floor. Stacking three items has a damage reduction rate of 0.8X0.8X0.8X=0.512, which is 48.8%

The two damage reducing accessories are calculated separately, and the burning floor damage of the Fire Thunder cannot be reduced by the resistance of the Spitfire Soldier, and vice versa

1.05 seconds: 72 → 3 fire lightning resistance 36.864

2.1 seconds: 163.2 → 83.5584

3.15 seconds: 273.6 → 140.0832

4.2 seconds: 417.6 → 213.8112

5.25 seconds: 621.6 → 318.2592

2 Likes

Fire from enemies and fire from players aren’t the same, the hotfix is for enemy fire.

Ok, so you lost me on thunder and lightning but aren’t the curios 20% bomber resistance, adding up to 60% so shouldn’t the reduced damage numbers after conversion be 28.8? To be fair if the base damage is 24 then the actual damage at 1 second would be 72, whereas before it was 252 in 1 second, assuming both start ticking at 0.0 seconds. That’s almost 1/4 the damage it used to do in those one second clips people talked about.