Hotfix #28 (1.2.21)

Devoted Rejects,

Here are the patch notes for 1.2.21, which just went live on Steam and will shortly be live on our other platforms.

• Tweaked the damage values of fire damage from enemy Scab Bombers and Scab/Tox Flamers.

• Tick interval changed from 0.2 to 0.35.

• Damage scale per tick from [1, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 3.0, 3.25, 3.5} to {1, 1, 1, 1.25, 1.25, 1.3, 1.35, 1.5, 1.5, 1.6, 1.75, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 3.0, 3.0, 3.25].

Dev Note: The speed and intensity of the damage ramp up will now be much slower. Fire surfaces will remain very dangerous, but only when standing over them for a prolonged amount of time.

• Fixed a crash which could happen when browsing the Social menu.

• Fixed a crash which could happen when using or swapping Stimm items.

• Fixed a crash which could occur when attacking the tanks in the Warren 6-19 mission finale with a Zealot Artemia Mk III Purgation Flamer.

• Fixed an issue with the Cadia Mk XIIIg Assault Chainsword where the Impact inflicted by activated sawing attacks was lower than intended.

Dev Note: Now the values will be aligned to the Cadia Mk IV Assault Chainsword.

• Fixed an issue where having a Grimoire equipped would prevent players from picking up Stimms.

• Fixed an issue where the portrait picture of the player was not updated immediately after performing changes in the Mourningstar.

• Fixed an issue where some of the new foldable shovels introduced in The Traitor Curse Part 2 Anniversary Update were missing attack trail visual effects:

• Munitorum Mk III Sapper Shovel

• Munitorum Mk VII Sapper Shovel.

• Fixed an issue where the Ogryn “Convict Garb (all variations)” upper body cosmetics would display a black shoulder patch instead of the intended colour.

• Tweaked the logic for interaction points in the Mourningstar (e.g. Mission Board, Shrine of the Omnissiah).

• The interaction will now be more easily accessed without having to point the camera in a very specific direction.
  • Added a small rev motor sound to the Orestes Mk XII Assault Chainaxe light attacks.

30 Likes

How did we miss this patch yesterday?!

1 Like

Thank you for adjusting fire.

4 Likes

Very happy about the fire adjustments and the fix to stim pickups not working while carrying a book.

Any update on the “not enough memory” situation?

9 Likes

THIS

6 Likes

This still doesnt adress the problem of getting revived in fire and being insta downed again bcs the fire ramps up while youre downed in it (:

11 Likes

Okay what about the server performance and the game itself running horribly?

5 Likes

While I very much appreciate the change to fire, I’m not sure I get the numbers presented.
Given the above numbers, and assuming it starts at 0 and takes the highest damage number, after 2 seconds, a player would have taken 24.75 damage from it.
Just what is the damage multiplier on damntation? It must be higher than x10, even disregarding possible extra toughness multipliers.
I mean, usually the time from full toughness → Death was under 2 seconds on my psyker, and Ogryns also reliably went down. :thinking: I think I’d like to know the numbers for different difficulties in general.
The damage now essentially being halved, more so for clip damage, is welcome, either way.

3 Likes

Have you tested it? they also increased the time between two ticks, so you should still have more time to react.

Thanks!

Added a small rev motor sound to the Orestes Mk XII Assault Chainaxe light attacks.

Thank you so much for this.

Dear Fatshark in fear of sounding a cringe, you are really “slaying” it lately and I am a harsh critic of you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is dot damage written incorrectly?

When I tested before, I dealt damage every 0.2 seconds

Each layer of flame dot damage is 6 points, which can be stacked for 14 layers. When stacked for 14 layers, the damage is 84 points

480 points of flame damage per second

Not: 1, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 3.0, 3.25, 3.5

But instead: 24, 30, 36, 48, 54, 60, 72, 78, 84

2 Likes

Yes, I just tested it and with one flamer pinning me while downed, which is not uncommon, my Ogryn died in 2 ticks after being picked up (:

4 Likes

its the factors not the actual damage.
to go from 24 to 30 you multiply by the factor 1.25

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that you can’t even pick up players that are down in the flames (assuming you’re reviving them standing safely at the edge of the fire). During the “getting up” animation players will lose their full amount of health again and go down back into the fire.

Better to just let players linger in the flames and hope the fire dissipates before they bleed out.

Fatshark - this needs to be tested ON DAMNATION difficulty.

Honestly- I’d much rather have the instant toughness loss than this insane HP drain.

5 Likes

Whelp no plasma fix in the patch notes, I guess I’ll stay away from the game a bit longer.

If someone finds out it has been shadowfixed please do let me know.

2 Likes

i’ve picked up the plasma right today, that visual bug is very annoying, i’ll try it out right now

@Nish Not fixed, lul

3 Likes

I assume this time around you guys have actually TESTED this on all game difficulties and in “real” life scenerios to verify the code meets the design intention?

So we no loger die < 1 second when fire grenades (yes, multiple) drop under our feet?

Have you considered stacking fire damage from multiple sources?

Or situations we get revived in a pool of fire?

1 Like

@FatsharkStrawHat What about the close range fix, and the blessings subsequently broken by it?

4 Likes

That makes sense