Heroes! We're Seeking Your Big Picture Questions!

Where are the Dedicated Servers??

5 Likes

Having already developed and done a lot of patching for the Ubersreik 5 and their careers, what part of developing their characters (any part) do you believe was the most complicated?

Do you believe that, given the time and resources, there is space in Vermintide for more heroes to be added (or more careers)? If you believe there is space: how would you take on the task of producing a new hero? If not, why?

When developing models for the enemies: how do you make them look so darn creepy!?

Do you know the muffin man?

1 Like

When considering the map elements you have already put together, such as:

• Lightless Zones (Hunger in the Dark, The Blightreaper)
  • The Prisoner Escape (Against the Grain)
  • The Brazier Puzzle (The Blightreaper)
  • The Bell Chains (Garden of Morr, The Screaming Bell)
  • The Gunship Sprint (The Pit??)
  • Popping Pustules (Festering Ground)
  • Aligning the Locus (Athel Yenlui)
  • Fighting lots of rats in lots of places with several angry humans as a garnish… (probably only happens in Righteous Stand)

what is the procedure you follow when trying to create new, unique map elements that define levels for what they are?

1. Are new Careers/Heroes going to be added any time soon or at all?

2. Is a new enemy faction likely to be added to VT2 in the future?

3. Are new Traits going to be added?

4. How will console mods work? Will they be an option to enable in the options menu?

2 Likes

dedicated server. i want nao :O!

What were goals(such as aesthetic and gameplay) you were wanting to achieve when designing each character’s careers?

Were there other elaborate level designs you wanted to do but couldn’t/haven’t yet(like the VT1 The River Reik map’s boat event)?

What were some deciding factors in choosing what specials and/or bosses were added to the game?

2 Likes

Are players who have unlocked all items from the DLC weeklies just expected to watch paint dry waiting a month and a half for something new?

2 Likes

How are in-game statistics calculated? What are the algorithms and processes being used? And how are they measured an applied?

I’m talking both AI director stuff (such as player stress measurements) and monitoring weapon effectiveness, etc.

• cosmetics that coloured dependin on clothes
  • more enemies / factions
  • more weapons
  • more characters
    can we have features above?
  • How long and how difficult is the process of adding new cosmetic items to the game? (completely unique costumes/armors and hats)

• Which career do you think needs more improvements, and if any, which active skill would you change?

• The story focus has been and still is on Reikland. If the story would move to another Imperial province, which one would you choose?

• What’s your favorite career?

• How often and on which difficulty do you play?

3 Likes

Any chance of lessening the rng and giving players more control over re-rolling properties/traits?

2 Likes

Hi,

Do you have any plan on taking our heroes to the Age of Sigmar universe? Because with the first Vermintide game you have set the beginning of the end times, and with the second game we can clearly see that the timeline as advanced with the invasion of the Nurgle vanguard in the Empire. Or do you plan to stay in the end times period? I’m not particularly a fan of Age of Sigmar, but I’m curious about your thoughts on it.

Another question, can we hope for dark elf/high elf weapon skin in the future?

And finally you did a great Job with the ambiance and the arts of the game, I have Warhammer online vibes when I look at stuff like the slayer class/Empire city. Do you have taken some inspiration from it?

Thank you and have a nice day!

1 Like

New characters? Or new profs for old ones?

1 Like

I wish we could sse more statistics/numbers

• how many boxes opened
  • how many x mobs killed
  • average damage
  • highest/lowest damage dealed/received
    etc

@Fatshark_Hedge quick question, when will this question and answer video be posted? Is this going live on the anniversary of the official launch? Or will we see it before?

2 Likes

Will there be community events again like in VT1, the “Kill 1 000 000 skaven” etc.?

Will you create a VT3?

Will the tiny rats, you see on every map, that run away, when you get too close, ever play an important role in the game? They are always there, always watching you and hiding in the ground, when you try to get to/attack them (you can actually slay them). And I think, their eyes are glowing red? Maybe they will be the next great enemy faction :o

How faithful are you to the lore?

(Read: How closely do GW monitor the progress and make sure that everything is aligned to their IP? How do they do it?)

Any plans on adding maps with NPCs you can fight along with? Seems so futile at times seeing only rats and norscans.

1 Like

Matchmaking in Vermintide 2 (and 1) works very well. When creating the matchmaking system for Vermintide 2, what factors do you consider when placing players into a game?

For instance, when someone queues for a Champion Quickmatch game, do you consider their Power-score further than “Being Qualified to play Champion”? Do you take level into account? How do you queue players who have a history or reports or bans? Is there any queue punishment for abandoning a game?

Of the factors you do consider, which factors are weighed most heavily?

Do you believe that your matchmaking system is capable enough to continue working for the 4-10 more years you are considering to support the game? Why?

Are there any of the first game’s writing staff still working on the story about curse Kerillian is suppose to be under? Likewise, will get gain any insight into Rasknitt’s greater plans for Uersriek before they were derailed?