Heroes! We're Seeking Your Big Picture Questions!

They are already important for triggering swift slaying or hunter/barrage :rofl:

1 Like

As we all know, the forces of Chaos are as vast as they are treacherous, and this has left me thinking, with the game being developed for longevity, will we eventually be seeing minions of the other 3 Chaos gods? Surely ol’ Grandpa Stink and the Horny boy can’t keep the 4 (or 5) at bay forever, maybe they need some help?

Also, with all manner of daemon and warrior introduced in this fashion, might we see some beastmen or other enemies of the sort. I know you wrote you wanted to develop this game for a decade, and if you look at other similar projects (Warframe comes to mind as I used to be a community dev there) that game looks almost nothing like what it once did, just how different is this game going to get?

Also this one is out there but… what if those 4 gods and the horny boy put forth their own 4 (or 5, doesn’t matter) to exact some vengeance on what is left of the forces of order in these dire end-times?

Thanks for developing such a captivating game that has rekindled my interest in the Warhammer universe :slight_smile:

Pro tactics xD

Will old voice lines from Vermintide 1 ever be re-introduced to the game? Like when Sienna dies and Victor says “One less flame to light the way,” or “Ashes to ashes”

Also voice lines played when tagging grims, picking up grims, or being hooked. There’s a slew of other minor interactions that seem to be missing as well and would serve only to flesh out the dialogue.

Will in game dialogue take proper priority ever over tagged enemies and alerts or ultimate abilities over-riding what is said between characters?

I also miss the old poison wind globadier voice lines like, “you made me waste the globe”.

What is your philosophy when it comes to balancing the different careers? And are we going to see some changes any time soon?

Hello, dear devs!

First of all, I’d like to say - thank you for the great game. Today there’re no good coop-games such as Vermintide 2 or even Vermintide 1. I also don’t like L4D, so you’re the best one for me and my friends. Your game is grim, it’s brutal, it’s warhammer and it’s perfect. My party and I spent a lot of time there since V2 released.

Now I’d like to ask you some questions. I’ll try not to repeat questions that’s already asked. So could you please tell me a few words about:

1. Do you plan to Add Deeds to DLC maps?
    I’ll try to explain: We played for 800+ hours and simple legend maps are very boring for us, so we always play deeds+twitch mode. That’s why we don’t play any of DLC maps (except Fortunes of War, but it’s just another story)
  2. Do you plan to Add randomised map?
    I know it needs a lot of time and so on, but it would help in the future to create more non-map content. I mean randomised maps could be like copy\past of some random locations from V1-V2 with portals in the end of one location to another. I don’t insist, just want to share my idea.
  3. Do you plan to Add new Arena maps like “Fortunes of War” or “Schluesselschloss” in the V1 or maybe New Modes?
    Sometimes it’s good to know that you have the choice. It also has a bit different gameplay.
  4. Do you plan to Add new Challenges like New Difficulty and More Day Events for those veterans like my party?
    We’re mostly play V2 just for fun, not for chests and stuff. Sometimes it’s more funny to lose cause you got five bosses in a row than win an easy game. So new challenges could motivate us to play more. V1 also has a greater day event system with its keys for new and veteran players.
  5. Do you have copyrights to Add new enemies or maybe even races?
    Skavens and Nurgle’s servants are interesting enemies, but could we at least Dream about new one?
  6. Why did you add Shade career (Dark elf) to Kerillian, but didn’t add another Lore of Magic career to Sienna? In my opinion (as I read her story and WF lore) Kerillian seems to be a Wood Elf or at least High Elf, so it seems to be like an exception for being Dark elf in this party as you need more career option. That’s why I confused about Sienna. Yeah, I know that Saltzpyre caught her cause of her destructive magic, but for an exception she could specialized in one of any other Lore of Magic to give us more interesting plays, cause 3 bright mages careers like the same a bit for me.

Thank you for you attention!
I wish you success in any beginnings! Enjoy every moment as we enjoying your games. Goodluck and have a nice day!

4 Likes

Good point! I also wonder what is the problem in adding other magic schools for Sienna if there are careers for the Kerilians from the diamterally different factions of elves.

I have another question, related to the way the patches are deployed and the way fs behave.
How do you manage the bug fixing and testing process?
Seems that every time a patch is deployed, no one tested it. This is happening since day 0 and you even send the faithful Hedge asking for a feedback against the mob (us), knowing what is going to happen.
At this point, what kind of control do you have during the patching&testing process? This is work for you, and so there’s also a good amount of pride/necessities/unspeakable truth, but don’t you think that the process, “push something as soon as possible, use the players as beta testers, pretend that introducing something means it’s a new addon ignoring the fact that the game, even if not broken, was launched unfinished”, in the 5 to 10 years you spoken about in the past, is going to be a problem?
Is there someone managing the quality control?

1 Like

It was explained on the Website.

In the aftermath of Ubersreik, Kerillian’s dreams were a jumbled cacophony, and one of the most lucid visions spoke of an ancestor who bore the exiled blood of Clar Karond. The dreams did not emphasise the future, but here and now. Through the mists of memory, a cruel voice spoke, urging her to reclaim the mantle of her forebear. Her count continues, but in glory, not in penance.

As a Shade, Kerillian treads an assassin’s path, striking unaware or distracted foes when they are most vulnerable to her wicked blades. She is fleet-footed death, come to claim the blood of the living.

1 Like

Yes, I read that. IMO very poor explanation, like in the other careers. Anyway, it does not interfere with doing the same missions as waystalker and handmaiden IN THE SAME TIMELINE. Following this trail, you can explain literally every new career you want to add for every champ.
Btw. besides knowing the society of dark elves, I do not think that the situation of Kerillian will succeed. So, like I said before. This explanation is only for the needs of the game and, doing like in this case, you can add a whole lot of new careers for the characters.

Every career is another path in a to a different future (parallel dimensions). The timelines split somewhere during the time in Ubersreik that’s why Sienna cannot change her lore of magic.

Now I do actually agree that it would have been fun to choose 3 different lores so I would urge FS to consider if we ever get another character to make sure one of their paths is a mage with a completely new lore as the added character could change very drastically between the careers.

1 Like

Sorry but this is still poor excuse and much of speculations.
Ok, Sienna can’t change lore of magic, but Kerillian can change faction and career :confused: Rly? Who trained Kerillian to being a shade if she was previously a waywatcher? Who accepted her as the dark elf in dark elves society? Just because she had bad dreams? Rly? The same is with her high elf handmaiden career.
The wood elves do not become dark elves (or high elves) with snaps of fingers. Between Ubersreik events and those from V2 is really a small time difference. Too small to explain it this way.

Like I said before. This is for the use of the game only and thats fine. But absolutely nothing stands in the way to explain other new careers for other characters in a similar way.
It can also be said that Kerillian, in the course of Ubersreik adventures and being with Sienna, discovered a magical talent and now she has become an elf mage or dark elf sorceress (because she had bad dreams)

I’d say that Vermintide is, at this point, quite established and popular title. Do you guys think that you will introduce some permanent merch store, offering traditional Vermintide-themed clothing as well as collectibles such as art-books/posters/litographs/character-statues etc?

2 Likes

I’d like vermintide merch even if it weren’t popular, is also free advertising on background of youtube vids or walking around in public