Gooood Reviews

Practically after only 60 hours of play since the release I still find new maps the reviews on steam claim that there are only 4, this is clearly false but steam does not check the reviews, I think this was the only mistake of the fatshark launch this product on steam, where it is exposed to people who objectively don’t know what they are saying, or to a huge slice of the market that demands to play the ‘‘new’’ games from a 1500 euro toaster. I’m glad these people stop playing because they are also bad players and I hope fatshark puts private match soon to continue enjoying this game without hindrances.

2 Likes

There are only 5 zones that missions can occur in

8 Likes

Yeah and 1 of those zones has only 1 scenario.

2 Likes

Since people cant see how many maps there are aviable in total everytime they play, they might not even be able to play a lot of them. Since they’re at work or asleep when that map is in rotation. A massive amount of players bought the game through steam, i dont think its a good trade-off for less bad reviews :P.

I guess people (me included) compare DT to V2.
And the game does not win this comparison.
I thought that V2 was a total improvement over V1, DT however is definitely not.
Even though there’re more than 5 maps they all look very similar reskins of one another with nearly identical missions and so on.
Do the “boss battles” in DT compare to V2???
The rest of the “missions” are the same.

5 Likes

Even with mixed review, the game would have sold way more copies than if it was not. Still it is fatsharks own fault for the bad reviews for launching the game as it is. They way the missions selection is set up, people who only play 1 or 2 missions a day can easily miss the additional maps. Not to mention, many mission are on the same map, it just that you might go switch starting locations, or have some areas opened up and other closed. So many missions LOOK like they are on the same map but are technically different. Something easily missed without a side to side mission comparison.

Also 1500 euros is not a toaster unit, again it fatsharks fault for releasing a buggy, unstable, unoptimized game.

Bud, considering the positive/negative review ratio of the post-release reviews, I really don’t think you want the pre-release reviews to be wiped. See that 66% rating Darktide has right now? I’m pretty sure it’d be in the 50s without all the goodwill reviews that it picked up from blind optimists during the “beta.”

3 Likes

Spiderman has overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Sow the wind, reap the tornado.
Fatshark had 3 years to come up with systems that are not frustrating to deal with:
-RNG shop
-RNG mission board
-RNG upgrades (still no crafting)
-Cash shop
-RNG requisition shop

-Time gates
-No difficulty choice
-70+ weapons (really doesn’t feel like it)

-Missing release content (crafting, bosses, weapons,…)

-Performances
-etc

8 Likes

I play V2 since day 1… The V2 day 1 2 3 … 30 … 40 A MESS fatshark fix that mess ? YEs Gonna fix the dartide problems YEs reviews on steam make 0 sense ? YEs

There are 5 zones\maps
There are 7 mission types

These combine into 13 missions total. 30 to 20 min each

1 Like

Rng shop is better than rng chest, Rng is the core of those games. U can soon craft u own weapon and customize it like in vermintide so i d not see the problem here. All weapons are good couse no weapon make the differences like in vermintide SKILL and only SKILL is the differences from a good and a bad player not a meta weapon , so improve ur SKILL and u can play all diff whita a spoon.
About performance i got only crash sometimes and i can relog in the current game whita no prob, whita my pc i d noy have fps drop, i understand some toaster users ( most of players) blame the game for fps drop but they will fix it soon even for toaster performance

2 Likes

Debatable. You can stack RNG chests and open them all at once later.
RNG shop: you snooze you loose.
Encourages passively checking the shop instead of playing the game.

Performances have been worst all across the board (it’s been aknowledged by FS)
FYI, my PC is what you would consider a monster (used for game dev), going down to 25 fps is very… disappointing considering that.

1 Like

The reviews for this game are certainly a bit hyperbolic, but I think it’s undeniable that Fatshark delivered a game where the core gameplay is brilliant, but everything surrounding it seems slapdash and not well thought out. The balance is shoddy, the itemization system is frustrating, there are features missing entirely, the extensive character build system which was a standout feature in the promo for me was scrapped entirely. There are memory leaks, connectivity issues and crashes. Optimization is also not great. Even the cash shop which I don’t personally mind using at all underwhelmed me.
At the end of the day the single thing that this game got right is the gameplay once you’re in a mission. Luckily that’s the most important thing.

2 Likes

You can’t craft new items, only modifying items you get from the armoury or dropped from missions. You can’t target for a certain type of weapon and if the shop doesn’t have what you want you have to wait up to an hour for it to reset. How is any of that better than what V2 had?

Itemisation is part of the fun. Sure you can do any difficulty with a spoon, but I don’t want to use a spoon, I want to use a psyker staff or an eviscirator for the zealot.

2 Likes

Consacrate earn blessing re blessing just buy ur weapon on shop and customize i d not see the problem is like vermintide, ofc u cannot create weapons from scraps on 40 k universe check the lore

They’re already skirting on breaking the lore by re-purposing profaned (grey) equipment. The lore excuse is just a cop out to not have any RNG mitigation on the RNG and time-gated shitshow that is the armoury.

How are you going to buy the weapon you want if it never appears in the shop and there’s no way to target any item type?

1 Like

Just wait for Darktide 2!

3 Likes

Cyberpunk had 7 years. I think FS is doing good, besides the cash shop “oversight”, I think things are trending upwards.

1 Like

Are they? Because there is nothing new since beta besides the cash shop.
You can love the game, but love makes people blind :slight_smile:

1 Like