Steam reviews situation

Check this out guys. All the positive reviews on Steam come from people, who played 10-100 hours. All the negative from those, who played 100-400 and more.

idk why, but I felt like sharing it.

3 Likes

It’s understandable though quite unjust. I suppose the good reviews come from people feeling a rush of appreciation, whereas some jaded players may be experiencing the limitations of balance and gameplay issues in legend. These may be real but still apply only to those who wants to fully “complete” the game.

The question is, are these reviews supposed to be about people wanting to play the game a bit or warnings for those who are going to fully commit to it ? This is the issue with the lack of nuance within this kind of review system.

IMO the game should still be in EA, it’s far from the finished product with features Fatshark has promised.

6 Likes

Steam review section always gives me a good laugh. Dumb people going to dumb.

Here’s a funny example (negative review):

180 hours in and I genuinely love the game for what it is but they recently made a change that’s absolutely killed the game for me.

Previously the only way to get really hight-tier gear was through Commendation Chests [acquired for levelling up] or by playing on Champion difficulty or above. They’ve now changed that and you can now get the highest tier of gear through Veteran difficulty. It’s the equivalent of playing on easy mode and being rewarded like you’re a god. There’s now no incentive to play on the harder difficulties and it’s on the higher difficulties where the game shines.

2 Likes

This is false. You should know because yours is negative with “only” 49h of playtime. There are also examples of positive reviews from people with +100h play time.

So you felt like sharing an inaccurate bit of information
 thanks I guess.

4 Likes

Thanks, Fatshark. I think you’re right moving it to lounge. My bad.

That’s the last 2 weeks, but please keep us informed.

On a more serious note, of course I am exaggerating a bit, but only a bit. It would be dumb to really expect ALL negative reviews to come from 100+ players and vice versa.

1 Like

Steam reviews are the last thing i read about a game ever. :smiley: Mostly because when its an overflow of negative comments these are just people that getting riled up about the smallest shred of gameplay/design that they not like and build the complete review about this one little thing and Positive comments are mostly “I like the music and the Characters are funny”

Steam reviews are the worst place to look for an honest review tbh, because between the the half-assed reviews some people write is sometimes a good review between, i am not denying that, but this often gets spammed away by cry-babies or over hyped bois

1 Like

TouchĂ© (it’s 336h now for anyone reading).

It would be dumb to really expect ALL negative reviews to come from 100+ players and vice versa.

True
 but then what’s the point in stating it? Besides it doesn’t even seem to be that strong of a trend: Majority of the negative reviews (filtered by most helpful) seem to be sub 100h to me. So I am left guessing: What’s your point?

Honestly, idk. I am not trying to achieve anything with this post (trying to achieve something in 2k18, lol). I just find it funny.

1 Like

Yeah, we get it. You’re on a weird crusade to ‘prove’ the game is terrible.

4 Likes

It takes them that long to notice faults imo. Once you hit that amount of played time and see thing like; not having any green dust, but having 500 blues. Losing on Legend because of things spawning on your head. It can get a bit frustrating and people are venting through reviews.

I think with the effort you can clearly see the devs putting into the game, it’s unfair to start downvoting a game you’ve enjoyed over a hundred hours of.

1 Like

Let me answer that by giving a couple of my own quotes from different topics.

The game if far from being terrible. The gameplay is fun. The core is great. Despite minor problems here and there, I’ve had so much joy leveling up all the characters. But the lack of endgame progression makes me depressed.

Also, this might come as a surprise to you @BizarreSalp, but the world is not divided into black and white. Suddenly, everything has something good about it, but something bad as well. And the bad parts do not contradict the good parts, and vice versa.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed your massive list and even read through it. But those are both backhanded compliments, which also didn’t escape my notice. And wanting to change so many (even some core) aspects of the game makes it seem a lot less like you actually enjoy the game, and that you want it to be something else entirely.

Only section 5 there is dedicated to core changes. Other things are just little tweaks, that are supposed to make peoples life more comfortable.
As for the compliments, they are completely sincere. But think whatever you wish. As if I care.

Just found this funny video. :joy:

1 Like

:rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat: :rat:

I approve of your rat horde
Although
 You would think on the FS Forum, they would have a specialized emoji for a Skaven clanrat or storm vermin or somthing :stuck_out_tongue: I DEMAND A STORMVERMIN emoji!

3 Likes

:rat: :skaven: yes, yes

It’s more like:
:mouse2::rat::rat::mouse2::mouse2::rat::mouse2::rat::rat::rat::mouse2::rat::rat::rat::rat::mouse2:
:mouse2::mouse2::rat::mouse2::mouse2::rat::person_fencing::running_woman::walking_woman::walking_man::rat::mouse2::mouse2::rat::rat::rat:
:rat::mouse2::rat::mouse2::mouse2::rat::rat::mouse2::rat::mouse2::mouse2::mouse2::mouse2::mouse2::rat::rat:

And it actually happened to me right in front of the skittergate, after all my mates had just gone through it.
Pro tip: don’t be the last to enter the skittergate.

Regarding Steam reviews, mine is still positive even after more than 100 hours (and counting).
Writing negative reviews as a form of protest feels wrong and just harmful.

4 Likes

I thinks it’s called “fighting for your rights” or “a strike”. Something along that line.

I understand what you are trying to say, I just don’t think a Steam review is the way to accomplish that.
Like burning down a MacDonald’s as a protest for the price of train tickets.

1 Like