Give an axe to Markus Kruber

I use Yandex translator. Some people have the opinion that he is the most useless character. This is because it does not have the versatility due to the small number of weapons for different styles of combat. For example, even a magician was given a cleave, an elf an axe. Have long considered what do we give him an axe or something like cleave, for the rapid destruction of the elite and armored enemies. Dear developers, I hope you will listen and do something about it, I am sure that I am not the first to talk about it.

2 Likes

So like a halberd? Or do you mean a 1 handed axe?

I for one agree that Kruber should be given an axe of some kind, especially as huntsman. Could be a 1h or a 2h, like a dane axe.

1 Like

I think whats more important for krubs would be better ranged weapons like a crossbow or something like that

3 Likes

As much as i do want Kruber to have an axe,a very large one, he already has a very potent anti elite weapon?

Executioner sword.

Meanwhile if i am not mistaken for everyone else the 1handed axes are kind of terrible right now so being envious of those is weird.

2 Likes

Kruber already has quite a wide range of viable weapons, and the 1h axe is … weak on every other character.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kruber get a nice axe. Perhaps a bardiche or a dane axe in order to be a different from the swords and the halberd?

EDITED: Or perhpas even a “skäggyxa” (or “bearded axe”) that could be used to hook enemy weapons or shields? It would be very different from most other weapons and fullfill a niche about creating openings for other characters, in addition to be able to deal massive damage itself.

2 Likes

The reason for why huntsman Kruber should get a dane axe or a 1H axe is purely for lore reasons. Same reason why I think mercenary Kruber should get sword and pistol.

1 Like

Honestly I would prefer that next Krub’s weapon was a ranged one… Anyway, dunno, with 2.0 gameplay, Axes seem to me just bad. An “ONLY vs armors” weapon has a too little niche.

2 Likes

I have been thinking about Kruber having a long twohanded axe. Like, a Dane axe as mentioned earlier, would be really cool.

As for

I think a heavy crossbow would be pretty dope. Think an arbalest. Long reload using a crank, but has a powerful punch that penetrates a lot of targets.

It probably wins more points for cool factor than being an actually viable weapon, though …

2 Likes

This thread just makes me yearn for Halberd to be good again.

4 Likes

Exactly. People are saying that Krub deservers a fast anti-armour weapon… well, theoretically, Halberd should fulfill that niche. Theoretically. (we need buff, coff coff)

If we don’t consider the (horrendous) red illusion (wich makes the weapon a rough, dull metal bar), Halberd is a wooden stick with a little blade (“little” if compared with heavier weapons like 2H Sword, Exe Sword, 2H Hammer)… it’s meant to be a fast weapon. Sadly is slow as fu*k.

Armor damage would be even nice… but the weapon must be more agile.

Moreover Halberd should have a less awkward combo and/or a little bit of more stagger… because it seems you are beating an horde, even a simple group of unarmored rats, with a little branch.

2 Likes

I would say my primary beef with Halberd is the obsolete dodge penalty and meh stab attacks (all the non-overhead attacks sort of underwhelming, but the stabs are especially lacking).

Was told once that it has some stat jankery where the damage cleave count is higher than the stagger cleave count, too.

The attack speed is pretty tough to work around, but it’d be fine if it had a little more oomph. Right now I feel like it’s too easily defeated in hordes to take over a 2h hammer.

*Adding more to this comment to say that according to the armory mod, the cleave values of Damage and Stagger for Light 1 and Heavy 1 attacks are ass backwards (they both hit more than they can stagger). On stab attacks (with creature spawner) Light 2 is doing 3 damage to Armor on body shot and Heavy 2 does 14 damage (armory says those should be 2.75 and 5.75). Compqred to the overhead attacks which both do 21. Still feel like Armor damage for both stabs should be more, but L2 especially.

1 Like

Since people keep saying about halherd. I think halberd’s light attacks should be a stabs and some fast draw cuts. And wide sweep for its heavy. For a last, give it an alt attack (that using mouse 3 by a default) that hits only one target but vert good armour damage. Using a back spike(s) for it.

1 Like

I agree.

Hence my suggestion for a bearded axe that both gives some anti-armour power but also a special stuff in that it can “hook” an enemy’s weapon or shield and prevents its use for a second or two, allowing other characters to move in for the kill.

An idea for how this could work is that when striking a light attack, perhaps the second attack in the pattern could do this, there’s a chance to hook the enemy’s equipment with the axe for 1,5-2 seconds, and which can be interrupted by the player himself with a new light attack if needed, and leaving that enemy unable to use either its shield or weapon for that time, allowing for another player to move in for the kill.

3 Likes

Halberd should’ve had that for an alt attack.

2 Likes

At this point i wish kruber would have more options in the ranged department rather than a new melee weapon. As much as i like axe as an idea it would probalby be in the end something that will never be used (exhibit elf axe).
Halberd already kinda does its niche and deserves some small love instead.

1 Like

Heavy combo seems pretty bad too…

Without thinking much about it:

• light combo: diagonal sweep (with a little bit more stagger than now), overhead attack, diagonal sweep, overhead attack, repeat: a good mix between stagger and damage… without excelling in anything;

• heavy combo: attacks meant to kill armors;

• push attack: a large sweep (we would already have heavy combo to deal with armors, push attack should be a kind of panic button).

1 Like

Halberd is very good dps, nice combo’s, lots of dmg. Very versatile. Yes it’s dodge is lacking, but wouldnt it be a bit too strong with dodge like exe sword or something? If you use merc Dodge talent and/or as speed talents on fk or merc it’s very good, super far reach, fun weapon to use.

Only thing that plenty people suggested already is heavy sweep being lackluster, which i agree with.

Exe sword is just easy to use, you spam m1 or heavy, very boring weapon to use imo, but satisfying with al the hs hit sounds.

2 Likes

I’ve got no issues with the attack pattern. Would say learning its attack combos and how to use them was a large part of what made it fun early game.

I do believe the dodge malus is obsolete. Halberd has a negative modifier to dodge distance, something even shields no longer have. According to armory its dodge distance is -5% with a dodge count of 3. X-sword is 0% and 2. 2h hammer is 0% and 2, spear is 0% and 3, 2h sword is 10% and 3. Since the dps isn’t drastically different from the other weapons (with x-sword as the outlier), the negative distance seems unnecessary.

2 Likes