Game won't launch after is press start on launcher

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - On Launch

Issue Description (Required):

im trying to play on official realms, when i press launch on launcher a little vermintide box opens after a while it close itself and nothing is happening not even error code steam shows that game is running and also i see its running in task manager as Launcher for vermintide, im trying to fix this for days literally i have tried nearly all solutions like, giving all permissions via firewall and virus protection to anticheat and game properties(vermintide.exe and dx12.exe*, deleting anticheat certificates and repairing it via easyanticheat installer, starting game,easyanticheat,steam as admin, reinstall game, temporary_launcher_workaround - Bypass Launcher from betas, i deleted files from username/appdata/roaming/fatshark/vermintide 2, i have even tried to enter some startup commands on steam. I have 500 hours in game and this is happening first time to me i tried to many things i dont know what to do. weird thing is game is opening sometimes and didnt open somethimes its like totally random

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Often (<75%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

Hi @usenenadam,

Sorry to hear this.

It seems like you’ve tried many solutions we’d normally suggest in this scenario.

One other thing I recommend to try is a Selective Startup, as another application may be interfering with Easy Anti-Cheat. You mentioned this only happens occasionally, so perhaps it’s another process that isn’t alwasy running :thinking:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Launch Vermintide 2 as normal

If the issue no longer persists after the Selective Startup, you will need to re-enable each of your background applications one-by-one, to determine which is interfering with Easy Anti-Cheat.

If the above isn’t successful, could you please provide me with your recent console log and launcher log so we can take a look. Thanks!

1 Like

oh i had this at some point, i think i fixed it by running CMD - [ sfc /scannow ]

1 Like

Thanks actually it worked, scannow didn’t find and corrupted file but after the scan problem is solved, weird.

1 Like

Oh strange! Glad to hear that the issue is resolved now though :slight_smile:

1 Like

What promoted me to use the CMD scan in my case was due to at some point during my meddling with the task manager getting a prompt from the anti cheat about some file not being trusted. Thus figured that there might be something like that here and the quickest way to let the files go back to being trusted was to verify them.

Well in my case it did find some bad spots though, system update gone awry.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.