Game not launching

Issue Description:
Game says running in steam but nothing is shown. game launcher shows as well.

When I run the game from steam. The "official " and "modded " realm choice appears with the news about darktide and TOT. I select play, it closes and the game says running but nothing is running.

I reinstalled WV2 - reinstalled STEAM - tried beta work around. -tried update .net

The game will run in the “Modded” realm but i want to play in the official.
I have about 100 hours or so and was working fine until today.

Please help

Platform:
PC

Player ID:
Steam ID …__…

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/28/2022 usa 2022-11-28T07:00:00Z

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Console Log:

launcher.config (125 Bytes)
console-2022-11-29-04.30.28-47ba8121-8a5b-4c22-ae22-e18a13faa639.log (159.1 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:
user_settings.config (6.8 KB)
vermintide2_launcher.log (602.5 KB)

As Modded realm works, this indicates that the issue is Easy Anti-Cheat related.

We’ve recently (within the past few hours) released an update to EAC, so it’s worth checking to see if the issue still occurrs now.

If it does, please try the following -

• Ensure you have appropriate Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions in place for both Vermintide 2 and Easy Anti-Cheat

• Remove the Easy Anti-Cheat Certificates & Install/Repair Easy Anti-Cheat:

1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\EasyAntiCheat
    2. Delete the ‘Certificates’ directory
    3. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat
    4. Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup installer and proceed as instructed
    5. Then use the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021233534
  • Perform a ‘Selective Startup’, which can also help diagnose whether a background application is resulting in your issue. This can be performed by:

1. Press the Windows key
    2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
    3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
    4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
    5. Reboot your PC
    6. Launch Vermintide 2 or Darktide as normal

If the error no longer persists after having performed the Selective Startup, you will need to re-enable each of your usual background applications one-by-one until the error reoccurs, to determine which is interfering with Easy Anti-Cheat

I have the same issue when i got the game. havent even experienced gameplay yet. just crashes when i press ‘play’ and ive been thru every method that was suggested to fix this type of problem. even this one. idk wtf goin on but it really pissing me off. ive even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. and it still being like this. pls help. (if it doesnt say my platform, im on pc)

Hi @Smite,

Sorry to hear that! You say that the game is crashing upon pressing play?

If possible, can you please provide either a crash report or your console log and launcher log so we can take a look?

Thanks!

here is the crash report i pulled just now. GUID: f1a6af79-cd8a-49ea-861c-4f141f05d8b9
Log File:
Info Type:

@Smite, thanks for that! The logs indicate something may be conflicting with Easy Anti-Cheat, and based on the error code this is usually Anti-Virus/Firewall related. Please ensure you have appropriate exceptions in place for both Vermintide 2 and Easy Anti-Cheat. If the issue persists, can you try disabling your Anti-Virus and see if this works?

ill see what i can do. thx.

well now that my fire wall allows easy anti cheat the game runs! one small issue, it says something about file corruption. so im running a validate files on steam and once thats done ill open it again and if it happens again i shall complain here.

Glad to hear that :slight_smile: minus the file corruption part!

If verifying your files doesn’t work, and you have what we call persistent data corruption, you can find other solutions to this here:

Let me know how you get on!

so ive went thru it, and the type of corruption or file corruption is “hash_catalouge_file_not_found” ive ran a validate files on steam and ive figured out the main problem, the certificate in easy anti cheat file for vermintide 2 is the victim of the crashes, so when i delete it it lets me into game, but this file, is the only thing stopping me. and it also says that im a ‘untrusted’ player without the file. anything u know about that?

Ahh, in this scenario, I suggest to try the following again -

• Remove the Easy Anti-Cheat Certificates & Install/Repair Easy Anti-Cheat:
    1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\EasyAntiCheat
    2. Delete the ‘Certificates’ directory
    3. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat
    4. Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup installer and proceed as instructed
    5. Then use the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021233534

If this doesn’t work, then next please try a clean re-installation of Vermintide 2.

Apologies for the inconvenience of all of this!

Ight will do so when I get time to go thru it properly.

Edit: when I did this before it would always bring back the certificates and idk why, but will see if anything changes when I get back. Has something to do with the file validation I think.

Not to worry, the Certificates restoring is expected at the end of the steps. Let me know how it goes!

great news! it finally works! thx again for the help!

1 Like

Glad to hear that! :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.