Suddenly game is not launching

Issue Description:
Since yesterday, I’ve been unable to launch the game. When I initiate the game, the initial screen appears, but upon pressing the play button, the game fails to launch. Instead, it seems that only the launcher program is running in the background.

Ordinarily, an Easy Anti-Cheat authorization alert would appear each time I launched the game, but I no longer see it now. This leads me to suspect that the issue may be related to Easy Anti-Cheat.

I’ve followed all the troubleshooting steps outlined in this forum post (Game not launching), but unfortunately, I haven’t made any progress. Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Headsup

Upload Console Log:
console-2023-12-12-04.37.54-a2ade254-d901-4e30-9935-6ec634d3903d.log (136.5 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:
user_settings.config (7.3 KB)

Hi @llnOrmll,

Just to clarify, when you press ‘Play’ in Steam, is the launcher not opening correctly?

If so, please try our launcher solutions here:

Please let me know how you get on.

I apologize for any confusion earlier. Clicking ‘Play’ in Steam does bring up the launcher, but selecting the ‘Play’ button within the launcher doesn’t initiate the game :frowning:

Modded realm runs just fine. It’s only for the official realm.

After launching the game, does it show as “running” in steam? I had this and when i closed it i got something about some DLL file not being trusted.

Opened “Command Prompt” (CMD) → sfc/scannow → found corrupted files, they got fixed → Got prompted to reboot, i did, → could launch fine afterwards.

As you can launch in Modded realm this indicates the issue is Easy Anti-Cheat related. As this only applies to Official realm.

Are any specific error messages displayed on screen?

In any case, I recommend to try the following first -
Ensure you have appropriate Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions in place for both Vermintide 2 and Easy Anti-Cheat.

You’ll need to add the following exceptions:

• vermintide2.exe in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\binaries
  • vermintide2_dx12.exe in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\binaries_dx12
  • EasyAntiCheat.exe in \Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat

If the issue persists, next please try a ‘Selective Startup’ which can help determine if a background application is conflicting. To do this, please:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load Startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Launch as normal, and see if the issue persists

If the issue no longer occurs, please try reintroducing your background applications one-by-one to identify the culprit.

Please let me know how this goes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.