Game Not Launching on Official realm

Issue Description:
After clicking play on the launcher, the launcher disappears and nothing happens. This occurs with or without mods on. Modded Realm the game will load fine. The game does not crash as far as I can tell, I end up forcibly closing it in task manager.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]
Doesn’t crash

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
No error displayed

Steps to Reproduce:
Click play on launcher while on official realm.

Map Name (If Applicable):
NA

Platform:
[Steam/Xbox/PlayStation]
Steam

Player ID:
loftie87

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
19/10/2023 ~21:00 GMT+1

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

console-2023-10-19-20.00.11-a0b25bb6-7f9d-42e2-afea-d86d072aa692.log (71.0 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

user_settings.config (19.7 KB)

I have attempted this so far

• Remove the Easy Anti-Cheat Certificates & Install/Repair Easy Anti-Cheat:
  1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\EasyAntiCheat
  2. Delete the ‘Certificates’ directory
  3. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat
  4. Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup installer and proceed as instructed
  5. Then use the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021233534

I’ve also attempted to run the game with neither Windows Firewall or Windows Defender enabled - it still fails to launch.

TIA

1 Like

Could you try a ‘Selective Startup’ and see if the issue persists, please?:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load Startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Launch as normal, and see if the issue persists

I have the exact same problem and doing the selective start doesn’t work. I’ve gotten the game to run once in the past three days, but it wasn’t after doing anything specific. It just randomly worked.

But after I quit out of that session, it never launched after that and I haven’t been able to repeat what I did.

Commenting again so this stays open. I bought the game and after 10 hours I can’t launch it. Ive tried every single solution that you guys give and nothing has worked.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I’ll be back in a few days so I’ll give it a try.
Edit - I’ve noticed there’s a Windows 10 issue, not sure if my logs show my OS but I’m on W11.

OK I’ve returned and here’s the order of events.

• There was a V2 patch waiting, downloaded and installed.

• Loaded V2 on official, loaded in fine.

• Decided to check mods to see if they were still enabled, they were not. Re-enabled mods.

• Launched V2 - it failed to launch like before.

• Disabled mods, launched V2 - still failed to launch.

• Verified files

• Launched V2, got EAC UAC prompt → allowed. Still failed to launch.

• Selected “Selective Startup”.

• Restarted via restart option in start menu.

• PC loaded unusually slowly, but everything seemed to have loaded like normal.

• Checked MSConfig, normal startup is selected, selecting “Selective”, applying, hitting OK and closing, then reopening MSConfig shows Normal.

At this point I assumed since the Selective without Startup Items is what we’re selecting, the Startup items are not longer handled in MSConfig and are now in Task Manager and I thought that maybe MSConfig has no ability to change the settings. shrugs

• Unsubbed from all mods
  • Launched V2, V2 Launched, got into keep, then I quit.
  • Lanch V2, V2 fails to launch.
  • Reinstalled Vermintide Framework mod.
  • Launched without activating mod, V2 Fails to launch
  • Unsubbed from mod.
  • Launched V2, V2 launches, I get in, load into keep, I quit the game.
  • Launch V2, V2 fails to launch.
  • Re-add mod. Launch V2 without enabling mod, V2 launches, get to keep quit.
  • Relanch V2, V2 Fails to launch
  • Unsub from mod
  • Relaunch V2, V2 launches, get to keep, quit again.

As you can probably see from the above, the subbing/unsubbinb of mods can make the game launch but only once. After it launches that one time, it fails to launch again. I suspect it’s the actual changing of files that makes it run - each sub or unsub will prompt a steam download each time - like the patch at the start of this post.

I’ve not tested the game further than the keep - it’s possible EAC will throw a fit once I get into a game I suppose.

On a side note - does Darktide use EAC? Without wanting to jinx it, that was working last time I played it while V2 was not.

Edit: I can play multiplayer doing the above so presumably EAC is working correctly, it just breaks after every launch.

That’s quite unusual.

So, by subscribing and unsubscibing to mods you’re finding you’re then unable to launch correctly in Official realm on subsequent launches? Hmm.

It’s a shot in the dark, but please also try the following -

Ensure appropriate Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions are in place for Vermintide 2 and Easy Anti-Cheat. You’ll need to add the following exceptions:

• vermintide2.exe in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\binaries
  • vermintide2_dx12.exe in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\binaries_dx12
  • EasyAntiCheat.exe in \Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat

Try a clean re-installation of Vermintide 2. Please see:

I was writing another post yesterday and then forgot to actually finish it and send it, this was my experience after the latest patch:

Another patch today.

Downloaded, installed, launched game. V2 launched flawlessly 3 times consecutively on official with no mods enabled (only Vermintide Framework installed but disabled).

Downloaded Numeric UI, installed and enabled both mods. Game launched fine, launched game a second time game fails to launch.

Links to the two mods:

Auto Disable Unsanctioned mods on official realm is also ticked.

The bit I didn’t finish as things got rather confusing, the game now seems to work with the two mods above enabled, as well as the skip intro mod, but it seemed to launch before I added the intro skip mod. All I changed was fullscreen → borderless windowed mode.

The other thing which seems to have started today is I’m getting a notification from windows explorer after I’ve closed the game. This is completely new, I’ve not seen this before and clicking on the notification does nothing. It doesn’t seem to appear every time, but it’s appeared more than once. I’ve never seen a notification from Windows Explorer.
Screenshot 2023-11-02 145110

And now it seems to be broken again.

I’ll reinstall when I’ve got a moment and try. I have tried disabling both Windows Firewall and Windows Defender and it didn’t help, but I’ll add them to the exception list and test again later.

Thanks for the update!

Interesting to learn that things appeared to work fine after the update, but then went sideways after introducing the mods.

As for the Untrusted system file error, if this persists please try the solutions for this here:

Please let me know how you get on!

I managed to screenshot the file that Easy Anti Cheat is complaining about - sqlite3.dll.

I’d managed to semi get the game to load again, but I thought I’d test some other games I’ve got installed that also use EAC - 7 Days to Die and Starship Troopers Extermination. Neither flagged any file nor did they have any issues launching. That said, when looking at task manager they appear to be launching a different EAC service to V2.

I also launched Darktide, but that doesn’t seem to launch any EAC service that I could see.

V2 seems to launch EasyAntiCheat, the other two games launch EasyAntiCheat EOS (epic online services). Both are installed in their own folder. With that in mind, I’ve uninstalled V2 and am redownloading it, I’ll report back when it’s done.

Hi @loftie,

What you describe makes sense, as Vermintide 2 currently uses a different version of Easy Anti-Cheat to EOS.

Please let me know how you get on after the reinstall.

Reinstalled. Events are as follows

1. Launched game → Game ran
  2. Launched game - Game Ran - > sqlite3.dll warning after exiting
  3. Launched game → Game failed to run past launcher → ended game via task manager

Now it seems to be cycling between step 2 and 3.

The mods autodownloaded and enabled thanks to steam which I didn’t notice.

Edit: Just noticed the clean installation of V2 part facepalm I’ll reinstall it again. Also ran an antivirus scan with MBAM, and performed sfc /scannow - both reported back fine.

Reinstalled again deleting the appdata folder this time.

Still doing it, though so far it has only shown the sqlite3.dll warning once.

I’m assuming I can put my appdata Vermintide 2 folder back so I can get all my settings back to the way things were before?

Edit: Re-enabling the 3 mods have made the file warning re-appear. But the game fails to loads pretty much equally.

Currently it’s back to this loop

1. Launch game → game runs → quit game → sqlite3.dll warning
  2. Launch game → game fails to run → end task in task manager

Which isn’t too bad, because then I can actually play the game (unless it boots me while in game).

Edit #2: Found that Halo MCC also has EAC which seems to still load and doesn’t flag any files. This appears to be the same EAC that vermintide uses as it doesn’t have EOS shown in task manager. Unless they aren’t run from the same EAC install.

Hi @loftie,

Sorry to hear the issue is persisting.

I can only really recommend to ensure you have the latest Windows updates and Anti-Virus updates installed, and to try running through our Easy Anti-Cheat solutions a further time (in case of a different outcome).

As the culprit appears to be sqlite3.dll it may be worth researching this online, and seeing if there are any similar issues and solutions available - perhaps with a replacement .dll. Unfortunately, I’m not able to advise further on this though.

At this stage, I would usually point you towards Easy Anti-Cheat support, however they are sadly no longer accepting support tickets.

Apologies that I’ve been unable to be of more help :frowning:

Yea I googled the dll before and not found anything, I’ve found other dll file issues. It’s odd that EAC doesn’t flag on Halo but does on V2, but at the moment so the cycle of working then not seems to be consistent so I’d rather not break things further.
I suspect a full windows reinstall would solve the issue, but I’m not in the mood for that.

I assume you guys removed anti cheat from Darktide, as I can’t see EAC running when I launch that?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.