Game will not launch from Steam, EAC will not activate

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description: Upon clicking PLAY on Steam, the game will attempt to load. Nothing will happen. The launcher will not start, nor will Easy Anti Cheat. Upon check on my Task Manager, the launcher appears to be up, and friends on Steam register that it does say I am playing Darktide. However, there is no progression past this point. The game itself does not even attempt to come up, even after waiting 5, 10, even 20 minutes.

Upon deeper inspection, I have tried several recommended helps, such as forcing Easy Anti Cheat to start. It fails, doesn’t even try. The setup.exe for EAC also, does not want to pop up, so I cannot repair or fix EAC itself either.

I have verified integrity of files 5 times. Nothing helps.

I was apart of the Closed Beta testing, and even re-installed, and uninstalled that without Darktide proper, with some hope that it’d help the issue. Nothing.

I have used all my knowledge of the matter, and cannot find a solution. Several other games I play utilize Easy Anti Cheat, and they (and EAC) are working just fine. It is only contained to Darktide.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
Crash Log Darktide.txt (20.1 KB)

Error Displayed (If Applicable): N/A

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Open Steam, click Warhammer 40k: Darktide
  2. Click PLAY
  3. Nothing happens. Game is started, but no launcher, no EAC start, nothing

Mission Name (If Applicable): N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Riji117
Steam ID: 76561198039506502

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/25/2022, 3:00-4:30pm] [HST]

Reproduction Rate:
100%

The logs seem to indicate that the game cannot contact the back end servers

I would look into your anti-virus/firewall to ensure that it is not blocking the game from reaching those servers

I checked, and there is no block on Warhammer 40k: Darktide. Everything is marked to allow.

I also want to add, my game was gifted to me. I’m unsure if that could add to the issue, but my friends told me to add that.

try changing your DNS settings to OpenDNS or Google DNS.

That did not work.

Please see if anything here can help: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/7709665369501--PC-How-to-Resolve-Darktide-Launcher-Issues