Game fails to launch [Resolved]

Previous to this the game would launch but give me a “Backend error”.

I tried following the steps here: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360034122074--PC-How-to-resolve-COULDNT-RESOLVE-HOST-errors

But after verifying the game files the game fails to launch, the launcher does not even appear on screen. Steam recognizes me as playng the game then promptly stops.

Here is the launcher log:
vermintide2_launcher.log (12.2 KB)

PC Specs:
CPU: Xeon E-2136
RAM: 48GB DDR4
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO (this is where the Steam Library is located)
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I am currently attempting a reinstall of the game, will update post based on what happens.

In the meantime I have allowed the game through the firewall (those rules should still be in place) and attempted a DNS flush. Hopefully after the install all is well, but just thought I would start a topic in case there are any troubleshooting steps that I have missed.

Thank you.

EDIT/ After going over the log I noticed this:

07:56:20.459 [Launcher] [Main Window] Steam App Info Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient()
at Steamworks.SteamUtils.GetAppID()
at Launcher.MainWindow…ctor()

Once install is finished I’ll look further to see if this is my original issue or not.

I also noticed this article: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360004255517--PC-Crashing-on-launch-and-using-Avast-or-AVG-Anti-Virus-

I only use whatever Windows comes with by default. Outside of that I have no third party anti-virus.

EDIT// After reinstalling the game it was the same issue, however this time I noticed that “Steamworks redistributable” was installed during the process, and found other references online showing that logging out and logging back into steam resolves this. I simply exited and restarted steam and viola! I was able to get into the game through the first cutscene and am now going through what I believe is a tutorial.

I’m not sure if the backend issue is fixed or not but this is farther than I have ever been.

If anyone else is having similar issues, before a reinstall I suggest maybe verify game files and a complete restart of steam. Maybe try logging out and back in as well.

Will post more if I find more issues.

Everything is working great, fun game glad I bought it.

1 Like

We appreciate the update! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Not a problem! Sorry for the mess of a post but hopefully it helps anyone that might find it during a google search. Thanks a bunch for your hard work Julia!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.