Franz Lohner's Chronicles

And if it all goes wrong, I’ll just blame Okri. It’s not like anyone’s to know better, is it?

This has to go wrong somehow :rofl:

an unspoken whiff of romance between Cerrilian the archer and Kroober the proud knight. All carefully separated from reality, and thus old Franz safe from the doghouse.

Damn it Fatshark don’t encourage that subsection of the subreddit :expressionless:

1 Like

Its probably safe, they didnt have a visible reaction to kruber sunbathing in the nude on the roof.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Warhammer references abound:

3 Likes

Couldn’t find anything on the dwarf, except there are miniatures of him, so he should be quite famous, shouldn’t he?

Not necessarily famous but it seems to be a name from some mini-collection. The name of the mercenary captain is also part of that although harder to find

2 Likes

Huh, neat. Well now I definitely don’t know if Grossebad is where Kruber lost his regiment or if there’s a necromancy connection.

1 Like

I thought about the same. It is really hard to tell. Because I think Kruber was the sole survivor of that fight. And Grullmann is a Mercenary Captain while the Necromancer wipe happened before Kruber became a Mercenary. Of course it is possible that both went Mercenary afterwards.

For the moment I think that it refers to something else. It would probably help to find out where Grossebad actually lies. Empire for sure due to the german name but other than that?

Grossebad features as a town in the enemy within a campaign for 1e warhammer fantasy roleplay in 1986. It was often published as a bundle with shadows over bogenhafen and details the chaos attempt to overthrow the empire . Grossebad is “not far outside of Altdorf” according to the fluff.

For VT1 vets Death on the reik was often part of the trilogy of campaigns and was also part of the bundle.

[edit] haven’t found my copy of the map yet. It’ll be online somewhere surely.

2 Likes

Since this is talking about lore there is a current Book Bundle with Warhammer Books (seen on Reddit, shame on me). It is quite cheap. So even while I am not needing it, I am thinking about buying just for some background knowledge:

1 Like

It’s confirmed that Franz Lohner is an alias… but we already knew that, didn’t we? :smirk:

2 Likes

Someone with more time on their hands than me might find an anagram there,. maybe even something from Shadow of the Horned Rat or Dark omens old games.

“Anyway, I can’t keep wittering away onto the page. Geheimnisnacht’s only just underway, and I’ve wards to set and candles to light. Took the liberty of getting my old sword out of storage, so if something comes a-knocking on my door tonight, it’ll get a taste of how I settle grudges first hand and on fire.”

This line is particularly telling. We already knew Lohner was in the Grudebringers. But Grudgebringer is commander Morgan’s magical sword. It shot fireballs. To quote our innkeeper: “can’t be a coincidence, can it?”
I really have to try that game again. Damned controls.

EDIT: When I have a bit of time I might do a post collecting SotHR references in Vermintide (preferably once i’ve beat the game :P). Meanwhile there’s this other (old) line, which I had assumed it might have been about Grudgebringer as well.
“Don’t really hold with swords these days. But I’d a real beaut’ when I was younger… hee hee… I wonder what happened to it?” Ofc, there’s a contradiction there. Or is there?

1 Like

I’ve assumed Berhardt was dead, and Morgansloft farm was one of the farm selected in Against the Grain as it was once part of Morgan Bernhardts’ holdings and as such Lohner might have some fondness for it.

IF Berhardt is dead then Grudgebringer might’ve been left to Lohner. I wonder if it’s anywhere in the final mission of VT1 where you defend the Red Moon and escape through the cellar? We know Lohner is a good fighter as he’s surrounded by dead SV as he guides you out. Does he have it in his hand? The shield is behind the bar in the Red Moon, so it’s possible he had it stowed away there.

time to download VT1

1 Like

iirc in Waylaid he has the shield next to him down in the cellar.

3 Likes

He has, but IIRC he kills the stormvermins with their own weapons, which is cool AF. :smiley:

Nice, I didn’t know about Morgansloft farm (just made the connection). I guess he might be a regular grudgebringer, but the fact he refers to the sword as “his old” seems to point to a stronger connection.

The beauty of it all is that it remains speculation, as it probably should. But I can imagine their conversations when they thought this through, like “hey, who better than old Morgan to rally forces against the skaven?” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did go back into waylaid to have a proper search through the whole cellar. Lohner did indeed kill the SV with their own halberds, and his shield lies discarded in the carnage. No sign of a sword anywhere. There was a smaller room with some maps and charts in although I couldn’t see anything to give any insight and I spent some time in there rummaging around.

i did find a spoiler for Ahtel Yenlui framed in the cellar though which I thought was really cool.

5 Likes

Hah, proves it once more: A good shield is all you need.

4 Likes

I had a paymaster looked a bit like that. Well, not the candles - that’s a bit much. The leer though? Identical.

:wink:

5 Likes

A new post is out.

1 Like