Force Sword in shop

I have found 3.

BäNow that the stats are visible, remember to always check the white versions too. Sometimes there can be a white sword that on a quixk look has less power than the rest of the items but if you compare the worth of the actual stat total portion the white has better stats.

It’s really cheap to upgrade to green abd then to blue and the perks will give you around +50 to the power level of the weapon. Good luck.

You don’t say. I’d love a white lol. Look at the screenshot in my former, and longer, post further up. Today I should have gotten any rarity with a 97% chance, but I am estimating drop rates based on 15 total melee weapons sharing an equal drop rate (6,7%). Let’s say the drop rate is 3% on FS instead, then I would’ve had a 81% chance.

Shame on me for plugging my own thread (relevant to this discussion): Proposed changes to Mission Board and Weapon Shop

2 Likes

So, I’m getting reports from a fellow Zealot, he is also not seeing his class-specific weapons on multiple shop rolls. May be a bug at this point…

1 Like

Why is the shop even on a rotating list? Why can’t I at least buy a base version of every weapon? I just unlocked staffs and want to try them out, but can’t buy one.

1 Like

That’s the thing with rng.
Even a 50% chance of success, with tens of thousands of players, means that someone out there will fail the first 5 times in a row. And be pissed.

So, you’re basically saying that assuming 20000 Psyker players out there, 600 did not get a single force sword in 10 observed shop rotations?
Sounds about right.
:thinking: Now that I think about it, I think I’ve seen just one surge staff since 2 hours after I unlocked them (where I saw 2 in a row, but bought neither).

RNG should really be somewhat stratified.
Games with evasion mechanics usually also do that.

1 Like

Yes, the distribution of random results can have abundant or sparse streaks, but having one type of streak makes it more likely having something closer to the other in the future.

Sure, you can look at it like that. I am assuming that about 29% of all players will get a FS (or any other melee weapon) if we picked one game wide shop roll, because 1 - (1 - 0,067)^5 = 0,2930 = 29,30%. 15 melee weapons divided into equal percentage is 6,66% (6,7% rounded), and the shop has on average 5 melee weapons in a roll. Now, I’m not only talking about ten hours yesterday: I have not gotten a FS since forever now, and we are easily talking about 40 shop rolls (probably more tbh; I’ve played alot). 1 - (1 - 0,067)^(5 x 40) = 0,9999 = 99% of one FS in that time, but the problem with this is that those 40 rolls are not consecutive so there might be drops in the shop rolls I have not seen.

ive posted it in another forum i think a simple solution would be to separate the store into 3,
right now we have 3 windows in the (Armoury Exchange)

1. Requisitions Weapons and Curios
  2. Acquire Operative Cosmetics
  3. Acquire Weapon Cosmetics

where as the (Requisitions Weapons and Curios) only has 12 items total

i say change it to be more like (Hadron Omega-7-7) (Entreat hadron)
where you have a tab for (Melee) (Ranged) and (Curios) and have 12 items in each, this would allow us to have more options and choices of weapons even if it is random still.

if not that than just offer one of every weapons just have the stats and rarity random