Force Sword in shop

I agree to RNG, but i haven’t got a single FS in ~15 refreshes at this point :confused:

1 Like

No I don’t. Getting Duelling Swords and the same MK versions as the one I wield.

Two more consecutive shop rolls without FS. That brings the approx. total number of melee weapon rolls to 50, with 10 consecutive shop rolls. The chance of me not getting a FS in those ten hours (I’ve not played that long lol, just checked in each hour) is 3,11%. To me, it seems like there is something bugged - especially after seeing more people here report the same.

That’ll be my last post for today. :slightly_smiling_face:

I get tons of force swords what I cant get is a good voidstrike staff…

1 Like

What lvl are you?

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. I get Voidstrikes fairly often, same with the rest of the staves. Have three or four Voids in my inventory atm and I think all of them came from the shop. One might be reward, but I can’t remember. I get them in white, green and blue - there is no exlusive drop on any rarity.

Most of the ones I see are blue if that means anything. There is even another blue one for sale right now.

1 Like

Aah, you said “cant get a good staff” ish. I read it as “can’t get a…”. Tired, sry. Can you send a screenshot if you get a FS in the shop?

I just bought another one.

1 Like

Now I hope some at Fatshark see this thread and do a “Some players experience very low droprates on FS and maybe some staves. We are looking into it”. Haha. I might do a bug post tommorow, but I think they have alot on their hands atm - no hopes in terms of speed.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re rare, what’s difficult is to find one with good base gear score

So far i’ve seen quite a few 370+ weapons but none i care to use, like i don’t think it’s a good idea to run a Combat Knife as a Psyker

If BB was actually useful past Malice then you’d see a lot more variety in Psyker setups, but we’re not there at all

Dude, read through the whole thread. I have 10 consecutive shop rolls without any FS, I haven’t gotten a single one since launch and even in pre-launch I got really few on lvl 30. I have written the math if you look up, but I am assuming drop rates based on 15 weapons sharing equal rates.

1 Like

Absolutly in general there must be more variation for the shop option, like no more than 2 per type. If a weapon was not included one time there should be higher chance to get it next refresh.
At least in vermintide we could craft the weapons.

I did read

You’re unlucky

I get Force Swords very frequently

I am one of those players experiencing horrendous shop rotations i only get the autopistol and recon lasgun ( torrent ) and axes I just logged on now to check and its more of the same.

EDIT:
Here is a pic of what I have available for me in the shop.

1 Like

Now you’re on point. The way you wrote it first I read as you saying they’re not rare in general. I might’ve misread it tho. The way I see it, is that there’s something wrong for some players. I am on a sub one percent chance of it not dropping lol.

This was my experience with not getting Eviscerator over the six hours of playtime in pre-“beta”. I was stuck with an axe and only saw axes or other guns in each rotation instead of the weapons I was looking forward to try out. I love the chainsword in 40k, it’s my favorite thing from the setting, and was really looking forward to using it in Darktide, but I guess I can go soak my head in a bucket for wanting that.

It’s such an ill conceived system that doesn’t facilitate experimentation or fun. In Vermintide if I got bored with running a weapon load-out. I can simply change weapons and try out different weapons. You can’t do that in Darktide. The freedom to do so is heavily discouraged by the RNG shop.

No one liked the lootbox filled RNG in Vermintide 2 but at least we had crafting to offset that crap; so we could still experiment and have fun without being reliant on it. The fact that crafting isn’t in Darktide in proper format is just inexcusable. The fact that it’s coming “later” is disrespectful towards us.

1 Like

rng is rng. It blows.

I have about 120 hours of playtime, and occasionally hop on to check the armory resets when I’m home and I’ve seen a total of 2 force swords in the armory.

1 Like

Approx same for me on playtime. I got some 2-4 while leveling. I also got some from using the weekly coins on random melee crates. Weird thing is tho: it seems that some people are getting alot FS. I mean, probability distribution shouldn’t work like that. It’s now highly improbable that me and you don’t get a FS in the shop. Im no expert tho, so I bow to a greater mind.

1 Like