For the love of Sigmar, remove qq cancelling from 2h hammer

And people using it are feeding FS with stats that are simply lies, because it’s not the Slayer that works, but one certain exploit-based build.

6 Likes

Qte is good idea actually

1 Like

many using the qq exploit have just programmed it into their mouse.

How about you stop using qq and let other ppl do what they want ? How about use a two handed weapon on slayer and a one handed if you feel like ? How about playing for fun and not for efficiency and dont look at green circles?

6 Likes

Who’s forcing ya?
2h hammer is an extremely viable weapon even if you’ve never heard about QQ cancelling.
I use the weapon all the time when I play Slayer and outside of soloing I never do qq cancel because it’s not needed, at all, not in the slightest…

8 Likes

That’s fun because dodge spamming was kind of an exploit but people did not like the fix.
Block revive was added to the game but was an exploit.
Res+ult is bothering nobody.
Jumping to reset dodge is not mentioned.
But qq cancel which is not required is an issue?

Should it be removed or not, I don’t care since I don’t use it. But tries were made before and resulted in abominous side effects, and given the number of bugs, should not be a priority.

But sometimes I question logic

5 Likes

QQ is boring as hell not sure why anybody want to use it, its not satisfacting to use and quite meh. Good part nobody force you to use it

I was going to post a similar comment but then I saw yours : D

There is really no real reason to QQ cancel.

Dodge spamming is just… Using dodge to avoid attacks, 100% based on game mechanics. Blocking during revive is just using block to well block- just people didn’t know you can do that in this situation, then it became integrated and done automatically brcause it makes sense. but. QQ cancelling is using weapon switching to speed up attacks. See the difference? It’s like tying and untying your shoe to read faster. If we accept this game is not about rat slaying, but just button mashing and aiming game, then fine. But I like it as a rat slaying game, where some things are dramatically sped up, heroes are as heroic as it gets, but logic kind of prevails and switching from hammer to rifle and then back to hammer in an instant does not help in melee.

2 Likes

I did not said it makes sense. But neither does you answer. You contradict yourself at least twice in it.

I can’t get why this bug get so much attention, when there are so much more inportant bugs.

But if you think it will make Cata fun and hard again. Please go on

1 Like

Just make sure you don’t break block cancelling in the process, that’s a legit and important tactic for 2h Hammer.

4 Likes

Where did I contradict myself ? When you are making such statements, it’s kind of necessary to point such things out. Otherwise you’re just sounding like a troll.

And there are some obvious bugs, but they are getting fixed, while qq cancelling is not, it has its “I switch to knife to reload faster” fanclub and so it may require such thread to build some awareness of the issue and show that this exploit is not really beneficial to overal experience from many players’ perspective.

1 Like

Don’t worry block cancel is pretty much necessary to give player some kind of control over attack chains - it doesn’t give you illogicL benefits. You stop swinging and start all over again. It’s OK, though super-tedious with halberd, but that’s because halberd’s attack chain is pretty damn badly designed.

First is kinda obvious:

Second is about history of the game. It was a bug since v1 that became a feature (while running with a tome was fixed,)

But it doesn’t makes sense. Yet it was integrated into the game. Because more mechanics is often better.
Well even if it kinda destroyed handmaiden passive utility.

1 Like

Well it didn’t handmaiden still can pick up when under broken stamina and getting damage (FF or flame rat etc)

1 Like

Q cancelling was a meme before 2.0

And while I adore the majority of talent changes (yes, really, I swear), slayer’s weapon builds got blown tf out. You can either run dual hammers and axe or 2 2h weapons. Everything else is just bad. That is why you’re seeing so many slayers running with 2 great hammers. People just gravitated towards what they felt was working.

Instead of trying some disastrous nerf to make sure hammers are broken, slayer needs his talents changed and for these other dual axe and pickax builds to be fun and useful.

imo that is

9 Likes

Hammers are not broken, QQ cancel is the only broken thing here. IB can do a great job using 2h hammer without using any exploits. I guess in the right hands other classes csn do that too. But if ypu consider hammer too weak without qq exploit - just tell FS. Slayer is sure as hell bad right now, but the way to fix him is not allowing exploiting, but properly adjusting his talents and HP

3 Likes

You’ve failed to point out any kind of contradiction. Dodge spam is just avoiding hits using dodge - that’s what dodge is for! Dodge was too effective, just like a+f was too effective, both got toned down. So the only issue here is your failure at logical thinking, so I will soon welcome you to troll list.

Blocking during reviving makes sense, our heroes can block anything sans troll, so it’s obvious they can protect themselves while kindly asking their friends to get up. The animation itself of course kind of contradicts it, but damn, very often we have no animation at all - see pulling levers.

Well…yeah; that was my point. XD

I raise a distinction on whether QQ is too good on whether the difference on using it is night and day.

If I QQ a 2HH vs block canceling it; one feels way way more efficient; when it should only be a smidge so.

1 Like

I guess I should clarify: messing with the time it takes to switch weapons, if only specifically hammer, would be disastrous. You would straight up break simple functionality and gameplay just to fix an annoyance. Your other option is to neuter light 1’s damage, or increase the ready animation for just switching to hammer, which is also really, really, catastrophically bad.

Hammer is awesome without q cancelling and main it on Kruber. With footknight’s speed talents you don’t even want to Q cancel because of how blisteringly fast he is.

Again, if you mess with weapon swapping times just to defeat slayers you mess with every one else needlessly.

6 Likes