Female Character Faces Too Ugly

I am just astonished as to the design choices for most the female faces. They’re extremely hard to look at. Its like the designers took extra steps over the male and even the ogryn, in grit and unpleasantness. Most also look overly masculine.
I don’t need some sexed up super model faces, and I’d probably be alright with the grit, if we had a few more that looked feminine, please.

23 Likes

I second this and, for whatever it is worth, my wife thirds it.

14 Likes

You know what’s the most funny thing about all this matter?
That despite a lot of people defending the ugly faces… in the game almost everyone uses the same 2-3 most passable faces. Everyone looks the same.
After almost 500 hours in the game, there’s a lot of faces from the editor that I have never ever seen.

Who would have thought? :joy:

8 Likes

Wholly agree.
There’s a difference between living a rough life and simply being born as an ugly af inbred mf.
Working 22h per day in a factory would not affect the height of your cheekbones or the size of your nose or give you a double chin.
Whoever designed these “female” models either never saw a female in his life or has no bloody idea what grim dark really is.
Note this comes from a dark fantasy artist, i draw grim dark for a living.

8 Likes

I wonder if there is any face that doesn’t have more than 100 people who made a character with a particular face. I’d bet if there was, it would be a female face.

They also share the males body types and animations.
The 41st millenium is weird man :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Old holywar starts again, he he. There will be people who gonna say “stop being coomer” but the truth is gamer girls like to play as hot chicks even more than men do. Like look at any rpg community - skyrim, cp2077, etc, girls almost never play as “average looking” character but always as well looking. It’s just a common thing, that most people prefer decent looking characters.

6 Likes

Yup, the only good female face is pretty much the one that 90% people use.

Despite WH40k arts having tons of pretty females, especially Battle Sisters, Fatshark went with “oooh, it’s grim and dark, that means ugly people!” which is not only stupid but it’s like 10 year old trying to be too edgy in his first essey “yeee, everything ugly, yeee, everything so dark, so scarred, yeeeee”

I think any game that allows for character customization should have both ugly, mid and pretty options as why do you even give people “custimization” to make their “avatars” in game in first place?

“We give you options to customize character to your liking! But we also make sure every option is ugly casue this is how we want you to look like!”

5 Likes

It’s like my SO, she either plays the pretty girl or if it isn’t available goes for the dudes. Other female relatives I have and do play games also do the same.

Absolutely facts. What’s the point of playing space soldier dress up if you can’t be the prettiest space convict soldier you can be.

My wife was most interested in ogryn but hated all the female models/faces so all her alts are just dudes with rediculous hair. She would have made a girl character otherwise. So its not just gamer bros who think this is a problem.

3 Likes

Well, as I said, i don’t need particularly sexy female faces, just tolerable feminine ones.

Look, when they finally get off their sleepy fatshark coma and release a bodyglove wearing assassin class you best believe she is going to be the prettiest damned princess i can manage to play dressup for.

I’ve already got self-insert guardsman and carefully crafted pen-and-paper RPG backstory Zealot. Prettiest murder princess is still on my darktide bucketlist.

2 Likes

Such things need gigachad energy. Only japanese and eastern europe studios have this. The rest of studios are scared to be canceled by resetera.

4 Likes
1 Like

I hope at least the Modders fix some of these faces.

1 Like

Could be better, thats for sure. Cosmetics like new Hairstyles would be awsome to see too.

3 Likes

same goes for hair style, whole community using 3 hair styles.

5 Likes

11 Likes

I agree, and more generaly there is a weird lack of faces and haircut variation when it come to usually basic looks.

1 Like

Yes, female faces ain’t great, but male ones aren’t that great either. The difference being is that an ugly looking dude can still look funny or good enough.

I tried to make a female veteran, using the black girl face, but her constant smiling just made her really awkward and weird in every cutscene and… Well, the whole setting.
Doesn’t help that they didn’t even make a female body model but rather just shoved their pelvis up a few inches to try and make it look female, which makes the whole female proportions off and weird.
Her arms are way too long, making it seem like some weird orangetang flailing around on the mourningstar smiling like a bucktoothed hillbilly…

So, I deleted that veteran and made a gritty generic male dude instead.

Really wish they’d make an actual female model and outfits and added a bit more female faces…

2 Likes