Economy is a disaster

Hi,
So I got exactly 250 hours in the game so far. Still not a single red item. I know the drop rate has been buffed but still… I’ve opened plenty of Champion Generals and Emperors chest,still nothing,not a single one!
I thougt to myself “ok, let’s try to craft a Trinket then…” I wanted to have 33% curse res on it and either some crit chance or cooldown reduction. out of 110 rerolls I did not get a single 33% curse res. Not once. The highest I saw was 30.8% but that wasn’t combined with either of the 2nd properties I wanted. I saw 1 perfect roll combination of +5% movement speed and 20% stamina recovery out of those 110 rerolls!
Combine all this with the fact that I had 181 green dust to the 459 blue when I started the rerolls you can see how messed up all this is.
Out of 110 rolls couldn’t roll the property I wanted perfect once,let alone the combination of 2 properties. Oh, and this wasn’t my first attempt to craft this trinket!
Noone’s got green dust and I couldnt get a single red item in 250 hours of gameplay!!! Getting seriously pissed off!
How many hours do I have to play to get at least 1 bloody’ hero kitted out the way I want it? By the looks of things that’s never gonna happen…
I know some ppl got lucky and got their first red item after 40-70 hours and some have 20 of them. I’m unfortunatelly not one of them. Why cannot we have a decent economy in this game? Why I can’t upgrade to Red, even if it’s very expensive? Why cannot we have a guaranteed Veteran item in every 20th chest we open? Why I cannot reroll each properties separately? Why I can’t exchange my useless Blue dust to green? Why ppl cannot exchange their Veteran items they don’t want to use for an another one?? Why do they have to have 5 Red blunderbusses or whatever they have?
Why this whole thing have to be so RNG based and frustrating??? I’m sure Fatshark knows how gear oriented this game is… How many topics PPL have to open about this mess???

5 Likes

um, the dropchance from champion general or emp chests are really low. farm up some emp vaults, i’m sure you’ll be able to find some reds in about 20 boxes (that’s being optimistic of course) basically just keep farming vaults and u will see some reds.

Yeah playing on the difficulty with the lowest chance for reds is your problem.

Also good gear helps but its still mainly a skill based game. Good gear isnt going to save you if you cant play.

yes, the small % increases in power from weapons will help you break some weapon breakpoints to one shot things, but if your gameplay is bad, nothing will save u haha.

well i do feel the pain , RNG is a terrible system for allocating loot , well in this sort of game.

and i to have experienced a deep intrusion of ranalds middle finger.

but trying to roll a perfect on two stat trinket under these current conditions is really something you should take up with your maths teacher because you really should of known to not do that.

Ok,let me put it this way for you: Drop chance is just one problem. 99% of the players cannot solo legend. Finding a team of 4 good enough players to complete a legend run is a pain in the ass. Also,forcing ppl to play legend in order to get their gear is just not good man. Legend supposed to be a challanging difficulty and not the ONLY difficulty where you actually have a decent chance to get Veteran items. Combine all that with a messed up game economy and you’re set for disaster. Why am I FORCED to play legend if I want good gear???
Also, save that “it’s a skill based game” preach… We all know that. Doesn’t make the faults of the economy system acceptable.

2 Likes

You aren’t forced to play legend. Why do you think you deserve reds because you can do champ?

Even then you dont need reds at all, you can still get near perfect stats rerolling oranges. The perfect stats from reds aren’t going to help you that much in your champ runs.

Like lack of greens is an issue sure but you shouldnt expect free stuff from doing the 2nd hardest difficulty.

The problem here, which I’ve brought up before, is that having flat % chance to gain items/stats will ALWAYS screw over a % of the population if the population is large enough. Safety measures need to be put in to place so that as you continue to fail getting reds your chance to get reds goes up. This can easily be balanced so they aren’t “handing out reds” and to make sure you don’t have to play for 10,000 hours or longer to obtain one set of gear. Also, we need to be able to convert dust from one type to another type. It’s really not hard to fix.

2 Likes

Maybe something for legendary emp vaults or generals vaults at a push but not for champ runs. There shouldnt really be a guaranteed red unless something ridiculous like a very difficult legendary deed.

i’ve actually gotten all my reds from champion emp chests. when the difference is between like 1% and 0.1% with both emp vaults and emp chests already being so low you are unlikely to personally see much of a difference.

and if you are just queuing into random groups you are more likely to have success with champion quickplay instead of legendary. so you will likely acquire champion chests faster than you would legendary so you have to consider that when deciding what to grind.

if you have a solid group t hat can handle legend ya definitely do that, but if you are just picking what to quickplay by yourself mighthave better chance with champ.

I never said I expect free stuff. EVER.
So you’re saying that the small percentage of players who can beat Legend constantly should have all the best rewards even if they don’t actually need them anymore and screw the rest, right?
Do us a favor man, never develop a game cos you’ll suck at it.
Playing a game and rewarding the playerbase is not about the elite players. Most players won’t ever be able to complete a Legend run. I know you don’t care cos you’re the lucky one who has a skilled enough team to do that. Believe it or not,you are the minority here :wink: We all congratulate you, we’re all happy for you. Now let’s talk about the other couple hundred thousands of players,ok? They are frustrated cos they can’t get a Veteran item, they cannot roll the stats they want ever… they don’t even have the dust to roll those stats. I believe those ppl deserve to be able to gear their heroes up the way they want it. They spend a lot of hours in this game. If as you say Veterans aren’t a big deal anyway than why are they locked behind a very serious skill wall? Why are they almost completely Legend exclusive?

Thing is that Legend is not even really that much harder than Champion apart from bigger Chaos Patrols (not so bad now) and more specials in difficulty spikes. Not so big a deal as to warrant some sort of exclusive loot deal.

And dunno what the drop rates are now but you should look at it like you have a 99% chance to not get red loot on Champion, and a 98% chance to not get red loot on Legend. Is it really worth the extra effort for such a tiny change. You’ll either be lucky or unlucky whichever difficulty you p lay, and if you can complete more Champion runs in a period of time than you could complete Legend runs then the higher odds of opening red on legend vaults is negated by the fact that you don’t finish those maps as much and as fast.

Point being for most people just doing quickplay you are prolly better off just grinding champ instead of legend for reds.

But in all these discussions you need to remember that right now according to steam only 2.8% of the 1 million players have a Veteran item at all, while only 1.4% have beat Skittergate on Legend. That’s some very low numbers.

And what is with your use of terms like “deserve” and “free stuff”. This is literally a game people paid for. You can’t expect content you’ve already paid for to be free. You paid for it already, the game is just unlocking it for yourself over time. People are complaining that it takes too long to unlock the content they’ve already paid for. If they think they “deserve” faster access to the content, then they are the customer they are right.

You really need to get your values sorted out, bro, you got some serious slave morality going on in your head.

1 Like

There are lots of people who only play Legend, generally win, and still don’t have reds. It’s the nature of RNG and it’s why everyone was so relieved when Deeds and Contracts was added to VT1. The current system is unsustainable if they expect everyone to be have fair opportunity to get the loot they want.

1 Like

There’s some few people who pop up with that sort of sentiment in every thread. They use words like “entitled” “free stuff” “deserve”. They share some very dysfunctional value system, slave morality in fact. They don’t seem to understand the we are customers who paid for this product, the game. Of course we “deserve” what we paid for. Of course we are entitled to the content. It isn’t even logically possible for us to demand free stuff that is in the game when we’ve already paid for the game.

The game is just the time delayed process of unlocking the content we’ve already paid for. If we think it is too hard to unlock or takes too long to unlock the content we’ve already paid for, then we are well within our rights to ask the company to make a change to the product.

I think that mentality the kid has and has spread through others arose as a result of free to play games and just carried on to the larger culture. In some free to play game sure I can see some argument being justified criticizing free players who pay nothing and go on boards and demand free skins and cosmetics or something. But this isn’t a free to play game. We paid for this game, yeah we are entitled to stuff.

What really worries me is that the mentality the dude has will carry on to other aspects of his life, and his young generation who grew up playing free to play games will share this slave morality and even when they spend their own money buying things they will think it is attititude worthy of scorn to actually demand satisfaction. These kids who grew up playing free to play games are going to let big corporations walk all over them as adults if they don’t change their values.

1 Like

A kind of pitty system would be appreciated. You could even link it to success: each container you gain that could potentially have a red in it adds to a counter depending on its rarity, and if the counter hits a certain number, next container that can contain a red has one in it. Would still provice reasonable incentive and reward for players who cash in those emp and gen vaults but doesn’t screw over people who get them and still have no reds.

1 Like

How is it slave morality? A lot of games hide better gear or better rewards around content that is more challenging. Saying I need to get my values sorted out when Im not the one complaining about not getting the loot.

Why do you keep saying legend isnt that much harder then keep talking about how you can do X many champ runs instead. Surely if its not that much harder for yourself then you just keep doing legend.

There are lots of people who only play Legend, generally win, and still don’t have reds. It’s the nature of RNG and it’s why everyone was so relieved when Deeds and Contracts was added to VT1. The current system is unsustainable if they expect everyone to be have fair opportunity to get the loot they want.

The unsustainable part of this is the big thing. People should be able to do the highest difficulty and get all the stuff they need to make the gear they want. Which they cant currently do. They run out of greens eventually and are forced to do either scrape by on a couple of greens or speed run recruit.

I think that mentality the kid has and has spread through others arose as a result of free to play games and just carried on to the larger culture. In some free to play game sure I can see some argument being justified criticizing free players who pay nothing and go on boards and demand free skins and cosmetics or something. But this isn’t a free to play game. We paid for this game, yeah we are entitled to stuff.

Have you seriously never played any game ever that rewards players for getting past harder content? It is extremely common thing in pretty much most games that at some point there will be some thing you can unlock because you did harder stuff than other people. Also stop making stuff up about this game. You made up random stuff about the DLC content the other day, completely out of the blue. Now you are guessing drop rates as well.

Don’t worry, Kruber, we all take solace in the fact that you will be there to guide us with your wisdom and help us youngsters overcome our ‘slave morality’ (pretty sure the word you’re looking for is mentality btw). Now get back on that wheelchair!

Yeah I’m not sure where this kid thing comes from.

one day you’ll grow up and find that snarkyness isn’t as clever as you think it is. it is a sign of poor character, a person you wouldn’t want to rely on or be in charge of anything important.

Oh , I don’t know, I think comedy is very good. Very good indeed!

1 Like