Darktide is so back 🔥

image-1

23 Likes

Bring me the head of Fatshark’s marketing lead! Their crimes have gone unpunished for too long!

writes down in Book of Grudges

14 Likes

This game has 5-7 Manager/Director/C-Suite level people credited to it for Marketing and PR roles, above and beyond CMs. These people are employed in positions of public-facing authority.

What they do here, in a very Office Space sense, appears to be a mystery. Engaging users, managing the brand value, highlighting the product, and retaining players doesn’t appear to be part of their responsibilities.

10 Likes

Smells like your typical corporate bloat to me.

10 Likes

But is there a Nurgle emoji?

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:
or
:face_vomiting:

Pick one.

9 Likes

:nauseated_face:

:face_vomiting:

:face_with_thermometer:

:sneezing_face:

:poop:

Truly there are so many choices. Why hasn’t FS hired me for their social media department yet?

8 Likes

Because they only need one emoji. Clearly you’re overqualified.

8 Likes

Drago, you’re going too fast!
Remember - one Emoji per week or else we get confused.

8 Likes

This new information recontextualizes the previous weeks emojis significantly. Instead of a cog representing the mechanicus, instead it now appears to be some sort of grinder. And what do you get when you combine grinders with ice cubes?

That’s right, delicious snow cones. Perfect for summer.

10 Likes

I’m confused by literally everything. All this choice and speculation has blown what’s left of my tiny, pink mind.

:crying_cat_face:

7 Likes

Perfect for Fatshark’s summer vacation. Why work on crafting when they can plan out their summer retreats instead?

5 Likes

Well that goes without saying. Obviously. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

oh emperor, the irony.

i take vacations to play darktide, they take vacations from darktide.

solution: make me development commissar :male_detective:

2 Likes

Keep in mind we’re about to get 6 weeks of pure nothingness during their summer vacation.

And then another 6 weeks of nothingness until they get back into the groove. Since they’ve just been back to work then.

At this point I want everyone that is not working on art, sound, music and gameplay, (read: the managers, PR, Marketing, CMs and C-levels) to lose their jobs and never find one again. No one should work that little and be that incompetent whilst receiving a salary. It’s an insult to every honest working person out there.

7 Likes

On a serious note, we are getting 4 new weapons, or optimistically 4 new weapon families with a variant or 2 sprinkled in:

They are doing 4 emojis. Wouldn’t a screenshot every week of one of the new weapons be way better of building hype and interest? Even if it wasn’t an action shot and just something like this?

It wouldn’t spoil anything about their mechanics, their playstyles, or build any unwanted expectations. And I would pray to god they had the base models finalized awhile ago.

2 Likes

I thought they only got 6 more weeks of vacation if they saw their shadow when going back to the office.

4 Likes

Ah you’re mixing things up. That one’s just an old swedish tradition. Taken very seriously as well. But yes that totals to about 18 weeks.

3 Likes

Seriously this emoji thing is something a program for toddlers might do…I don’t get it any fat shark’s want to explain?

2 Likes

1 week emoji and a paycheck?

Touche.

3 Likes