Daily reminder about QoL FatShark isn't giving us

Since a finished game, content, crafting and progression is all delayed for who knows how long, these are the simple numerical things that FatShark could do to help us out in the meantime, but still haven’t bothered to do.

1. Adjust crafting costs dramatically down and/or dramatically increase drop rates in missions

2. Adjust the number range in the Armoury to make it only drop 350-380 stuff once you hit level 30 (If possible and very easily done, increase the number of items per hour)

3. Adjust Melk rewards at least fourfold, and make the items in Melk store have a range of 370-380

These are things which only involve changing a few numbers around, and is very easy for FatShark to do. It would show that they care about their remaining players. It would be a very welcome bandaid until they actually finish the game and it’s systems.

42 Likes

Yes, this.
Melk’s shop is pure garbage atm. its always at 240-320 for base stats, its stupid. Ive never purchased anything form melks, cause its always garbage.
And You need a ton of plasteel to roll , I have around 6k diamanteen, but 0 plasteel.

They should also remove the roll block for the second slot. It’s dumb.

12 Likes

Oh I agree. Unfortunately I suspect the roll block would take some coding to fix, so they probably won’t touch it until they rework crafting in general.

The stuff that just requires changing numbers and intervals around, though, there’s no reason for them not to do it. It wouldn’t take much time at all.

2 Likes

agree on all three points.

buyed 2 mediocre weapons one green with 333 BR and one blue with 349 BR and 3 curios, 1 green, 2 blue in two days to try them and to try to improve them.
Grinded ressources for hours just to scrap all of them after the 1st or second consecration.

havent found a +20 HP curio for a week, buyed 2 19% HP and got +Ordo Dockets and thought ok, i can refine it later, consecrated further and got 6% XP, garbage bin-
Weapons got T1 blessings i didnt want.
See its even bad to have it like it is, but i could care less if i could buy the next weapon an hour later and try again if i didnt have to grind 2 hours aka 4 Misions on Malice or Heresy to get enough plasteel and Diamantine.
And to do that i prefer malice what i dont fail mostly, but Heresy , not to talk about Damnation pug’s just fail too often.

And first you have to find a Trauma Staff or a Force Sword for example after the patch. They are so rare and often are green and have like >300 BR or they have 300-340 BR and start with a bad blessing already.
They arent worth it to try, but because there is nothing else you try it anyway somethimes when it is only bad and not very bad.

2 Likes

I suspect the coding part is just turning a 1 to a 0 to make it not block.

Unless someone looks at the coding, hard to tell. There are UI elements, red X’s that appear, and the system only geared for doing one of them. It could be really easy, it could be a bit of work.

1 Like

Having tons of resources doesn’t make you feel any better… You make half decent gear its fine then there’s almost no point upgrading after that the difference it makes is so small.

So you end up with every decent blessing in the game stored multiple times stacks of good bases tons of mats and no reason to use any of it lol

Crafting isn’t just unfinished its also crap. One of the most grindy and unrewarding unimpactful examples ive ever seen in a game.

About all im looking for now is power cycler blessing then just waiting waiting :sleeping:

I wonder if they will cap the amount of weapons you can hold in your inventory… Must be hundreds of thousands of them already.

Id also welcome a dismantle function to the discard/sell items.

Even if its 25% of the mats needed to enhance it to that level, its better than the gold you get.

2 Likes

I had to start discarding for gold, it was making my inventory take longer to appear/open.

1 Like

Yeh ive noticed that too lol.

1 Like

If they make me start selling stuff before the crafting system is finished I’m not going to be happy. I’m only stocking them up because there’s a chance they’ll be useful.

My proposed changes won’t fix the system, but it will make it a lot less grindy and annoying. It’s not so much about small % improvements, it’s more about making it easier to get what you want. Currently it takes hours of grinding to craft a single grey to orange. If you don’t get the blessings you want (which is most likely), it becomes trash and the cycle starts again.

There are weapons that rely a lot on certain blessings, and entire playstyles that revolve around certain blessings. Making it a lot less grindy to consecrate, and also easier to get higher base weapons, would really help. This isn’t a fix to the system, but it is a bandaid that would help a lot.

Not to mention it would show that FatShark isn’t married to their whale-fishing RNG grind retention mechanics, and are actually sincere about making these systems better.

2 Likes

I wonder if they will come up with something completely new. Hope so.

1 Like

These are such simple things they could change and I would start playing again tomorrow. The problem with the game in its current state is how grindy everything is. If you give us more crafting mats and reduce the cost to refine/consecrate things I would be more willing to play and upgrade weapons.

2 Likes

but if they do they will just get accused of trying to buy us off with low effort bribes to distract us from the state of the game

forcing us to do more runs per hour in a way to incentivise the cash shop.

and frankly they would have a point, i get the argument that this would take no time just a few edits. but it would have a cost later when they need to rebalance it for the actual system at which point the outcry to the perma nerf mentality will be triggered. i just dont think unbalancing the economy is a god way of making good.

1 Like

If you think the economy is balanced now, I don’t know what to tell you. The RNG hellhole that is Darktide is one of the most hated aspects of the game.

There is also literally nothing in my suggestions that would make you do more runs per hour. In fact, it would help you play less for higher reward.

2 Likes

I have so many orange weapons… Actually I try to get a good combat axe… but it is really hard to get what I want cause we don’t have crafting.

Curios… I have been lucky enough to get 2 curios i am satisfied of. However the last… has 2 perks good (included the rerolled) and 1 pretty bad.

Everytime I try to create a new curios to get better perks… It fails.

I have so many weapons with modifiers between 370 and 380 and… Useless cause of crappy blessings. In fact I have NONE weapon with 370+ modifier that are good enough to use them.

So yes… I would love something like that cause the actual system force us to consecrate lot of weapons just to get 1 or 2 that can be used.

But it won’t solve the main problem which is… Finding a good weapon at the shop.

2 Likes

Immeasurably complex.

3 Likes

also unlock all perks to be rerollable :stuck_out_tongue:

and also upgrade those damn servers they have TOO MUCH lags