Crash when loading into game after character select, failed to decompress

Issue Type (Required):

Error - Failed Decompress/Oodle Detected Corruption

Issue Description (Required):

Game loads perfectly fine for the past 10hrs or so of gameplay and suddenly after i completed a mission the failed to decompress error message popped up, i entered the game again and the message popped up again on the loading screen after choosing my character, tried verifying files didnt work, also tried some other fix that involves a experimental mode in case that would work, also didnt help

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

Borotalko both steam and fatshark

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

GUID: e62edc41-4720-483d-96b0-37459e6107e4
Log File:
Info Type:

Upload Supporting Evidence (Optional):

Screenshot_2.png

Someone else just had this issue. If you have a Intel 13700K/14700K or 13900K/14900K CPU it might be failing due to a manufacturing defect that causes the CPU to burn out when it draws too much voltage. Even if you don’t have one of those exact CPUs it can still affect others in the 13th and 14th series if they’re run too hot or overclocked (like some BIOS settings default to).

@Borotalko sorry to hear this. I recommend to try a clean reinstallation of Darktide (please note any custom settings e.g. keybindings will be lost)

Please let me know how this goes!

Luckily the reinstall worked thank you! @DashHandsome aslo no i do not have a intel im running a AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

3 Likes

Nice, glad that wasn’t the case