Crash at launch, but work with modded realm

Hello,

i can’t launch the game with the Official Realm.
It works with the Modded Realm

When i launch the game, i have a picture, then i have an error message:

vermintide2.exe - Erreur d’application

L’application n’a pas réussi à démarrer correctement (0xc0000142). Cliquez sur OK pour fermer l’application.

OK

Then i have the message

GUID: f710cdf0-1ecc-49e1-8889-441b92190faa
Log File:
Info Type:

What i tried so far:

• verify the files using steam
  • reinstall EAC
    *deactivate antivirus

Please help

Hi Morlog,

Can you please provide a screenshot of any and all errors displayed?

Thank you in advance!

OK.
Here are the 3 error displayed

2020-10-30 15_02_08-vermintide2.exe - Erreur d’application

2020-10-30 15_02_58-Enter Crash Details

We’re a bit stuck with this one but what we do know is that this is related to Easy Anti-Cheat, seeing as you can play on the ‘Modded’ realm with no problems.

Firstly please check that the Easy Anti-Cheat service is enabled by:

1. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator
  2. Enter the command:
    services.msc
  3. Locate Easy Anti-Cheat within the list and double-click it
  4. Change ‘Startup Type’ to ‘Manual’
  5. Save the changes

Next step would be to perform a a Selective Startup. This can help diagnose whether a background application is interfering with Easy Anti-Cheat. This can be performed by:

1. Press the Windows key
  2. Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
  3. On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
  4. Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
  5. Reboot your PC
  6. Re-launch Vermintide 2 and see if the issue persists

It doesn’t work either.

I can play in modded realms, but not in official realms :frowning:

I have similar problem with game. Actually i reinstaled steam and vermitide 2 few tiems. When i trying to start game by official realm nothing happening and in task menager i can still see that only launcher is working and i have to shut that it by the steam or task menager. When i was trying to lunch game by the image that error was appear image after few attemps next error came image translation: In this start folder there is a plick steam_appid.txt which may affect the proper operation of the game. Press ok to delete it. i attatch 2 logs after this crushes console-2020-11-03-15.45.46-8bdac60e-f47a-4f31-ac1a-c2f2c004ee45.log (24.5 KB)
console-2020-11-03-15.47.03-5656dbe1-8913-44b1-8a85-88dabb1ee4f3.log (24.6 KB)

Only on modded realm i could play game but there wasn’t any players for playing game i saw only 2 lobbies with 2 players thats all so i started game solo with bots and after 30min i get crush there is a logconsole-2020-11-03-15.51.47-bab56d88-bd16-4611-8b7d-246a67f372d2.log (335.3 KB)
I was trying to this steps with services.msc and and msconfig that not helped for me.

Also i made a short video to show what happening there i think it’s can be problem with EAC but im not sure game just not starting but on modded realm i can start game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlFCeT58f-E&ab_channel=Liter36

The last screenshot i see a diffrence between my gamelauncher.log and my firend gamelauncher.log this is path ''appdata"->roaming->Easyantycheat-> gamelauncher.log.

maybe will give some information

I think - for both of you here - the best way to proceed would be to contact Easy Anti-Cheat directly, who are infinitely better at handling EAC-related issues than we are. :smiley:

You can do this here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/tech/

Alternatively I can contact them on your behalf, but please be aware this will increase the turnaround for a response, and they often wish to speak to the player directly anyhow.

So I wrote to support on this site :slight_smile: but if you will have so kind of advice I will appreciate :slight_smile:

Done this too, but no answer by now

If you could PM me the email addresses used to contact Easy Anti-Cheat, I can request that they chase it up. Sorry you’ve yet to hear back. :frowning:

Considering how EAC related issues seem to be hard for you to solve, has Fatshark given any thought to using a different anti-cheat?

I would not be opposed if V2 had the Valve Anti-Cheat integrated into the game. I play lots of VAC games with no problems. Idk if it costs money or what kind of maintenance is required but it works and from my experience, doesn’t cause weird crashing or BSODs.

…Good sir, i understand that you have good intentions but consider that the basis for your suggestion is pretty lacking.

You havent experienced any problems with VAC? There are plenty of others who have done that and it´s by no means unlikely that switching to it from one to the other is anything but switching poisons. Even if it does not crash it can get you banned randomly because there was a minor delay in the system which triggered the alarms.

So if their tendency to cause problems on average is similar then it boils down to performance and from what a quick glance over google told it it seems like EAC is a fair bit better when it comes to actually preventing cheating.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.