Startup game crash

Good afternoon,

I played the game last year on my PC w/o any issues. I re-installed it last week but it doesn’t even start. So after some Google researching I de-installed AntiVir (I don’t use Bull Guard or anything) and de-activated Windows Defender to generally check this bug potential. So I could finally start the game after re-starting my PC but even when choosing “official realm”, the game would in-game automatically switch to “modded realm” (one can see that in the friends list of Steam).
So I did some Google resarch again to fix this issue, manually installed EAC, verified the Integrity of Game Files and now the game doesn’t even start!

GUID: 009fc6e9-5750-4c46-b023-766bc444fbc3
Log File:
Info Type:

Please see the screenshot:
picture1

I want to play the game and obviously on the “official realm”. I did several restarts, verifications of PC but nothing helps.

Can you please check this out?
Thanks in advance

Hi @krusader666,

Sorry to hear that! :frowning:

Please can you try the following:

• Repair our Easy Anti-Cheat service.

This can be repaired using the EasyAntiCheat_Setup executable located in the Vermintide 2 ‘installers’ directory. The path to this directory on your PC will be similar to this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat

• Verify Game File Integrity (again), I do appreciate you mention having tried this already

Failing that, it may be worth it to try cleanly reinstalling Vermintide 2.

Let me know how it goes!

Good evening,

So I can play and did the following:

1. Re-naming Vermintide.json and the other file in xyz.exe.
  2. Game could not start, so I checked local files for bugs via Steam, it located 4 missing files and downloaded them.
  3. I re-named mentioned files back.
    =>The game could start w/o problems in the “official realm”.

Does that make any sense:)?

Glad to hear that @krusader666! thank you for the update and providing your solution steps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.