Cosmetics are the worst I've seen in a long time

I’m sorry you have to deal with that and I’m sure I can’t speak to your experience in life, but you’re behaving as though the people at Fatshark designed the game specifically to punish those with disabilities. I can almost guarantee that isn’t the case. They’re simply trying to create incentive for players to challenge themselves.

I think this anger is really very misplaced.

1 Like

You’re really acting like truely horrible individual, and I wil not be drawn into adhomenim attacks, but I will advise you are your own enemy, and from your distinct lack of empathy, I suspect risk finding few if any friends to boot.

Stop playing beginner missions. I get over 10k per mission.

2 Likes

I’m not angry, I’m Scottish.

I find lvl two to be enjoyable, and feature complete, but that doesn’t change the the cosmetics shop is insulting of my time and indeed most peoples time.

I as someone who will spend every penny this game allows, should not have to worry about RNG, or grind, its not just annoying its self defeating, I’m not complaining because I hate the game I want it to do well, this isnt a good experiance for anyone short of money, or finding games challanging.

TLDR

Only basing it off the subject title.

Define ‘long time’ and ‘worst’ compared to what? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy hell. I can’t believe people are complaining about cosmetics that don’t even cost irl money. This is advanced stupid.

2 Likes

“They’re simply trying to create incentive for players to challenge themselves.”

The above statement is pretty on point. I understand games have changed; but I grew up playing Everquest. The grind for a single level could be WEEKS. Complains about the in game currency with regards to cosmetics? Seems a little grabby.

If you are only diving into Uprising, I feel like sign_up_sucks most certainly wants his take, and to eat it too.

compared to what I atually played, which I admit doesnt include allot of mainstream games, generally related to issues like this.

I would however pointout something being common doesn’t make it right, so scale isnt the issue here.

Commonality isnt the same as justification tho is it? If collective action had been taken everquest would have been different.

I’m sorry everquest sucked, but that doesnt mean other should suffer this.

I’m not good at game, if things stay as they are, do you want to carry my dead weight around on your team, dropping grims, and dying every five mins? Because thats what this monitisation encorages and incentivies me to do.

I’d like you to see that that incentive is to have me, a dead weight on a team at higher difficulties I cant cope with, and thats me making myself your problem, is that good game design? Because I don’t think so.

Removing or even heavily reducing reward incentive for higher difficulties isn’t good game design either mate.

2 Likes

Are you level 30 yet? I’m sure you’ll be able to do Malice difficulty or at least find a team that would be happy to work with you to play at that level even if it means carrying you.

I’m not considering my “fire” or self worth when I login to Darktide.

I don’t want to be condescending, but it might be time to step back and think about whether the game is really that serious of an issue. It’s just a game cosmetics shop, and I think the pricing is fine.

1 Like

why? why cant we just play the difficulty thats most fun for us? why cant that just be an option, a personal prefferance?

You want it to be hard great, make it hard as medusas victims, you have that option, but I don’t, and why do you need an incentive to play whats most fun for you?

Isn’t the point, to have fun?

If you want to have it harder, I’ll play with you and you can drag my ass around like a obstenate toddler.

Why should harder difficulties have higher montary rewards, its not a competion its a lesuire activity, and this is a cooperative game, not a competative one is not?

Whats the point in incentivising higher difficulties in a co op game exactly, how does that enhance fun?

Plenty of people enjoy chasing higher rewards. Others enjoy the challenge of higher difficulties in and of themselves. Some enjoy both.

Increasing rewards as difficulty increases is pretty much the norm in… everything in life.

I hope you’re trolling at this point.

3 Likes

OP now:

You’re really acting like truely horrible individual, and I wil not be drawn into adhomenim attacks

OP when they started this thread:

I am appauled and ashamed of you.

I’m angry you think so little of peoples time, and I’m scared how much you pay your workers on that basis, this throws up all sorts of nasty questions.

It’s immoral to have three distinct penalties on free players, I won’t be party to that, and you can find free labour bug reports somewhere else.

Also the green-grey colour is ugly.

Do you perhaps have the capacity for self-awareness to see the problem here. I included the last line just because it’s unintentionally comical.

You started this thread with an unhinged beligerant rant accusing Fatshark of all sorts of things, including baseless accusations about them mistreating their workers? Actual gibberish.

All from the springboard of your frivolous dislike of cosmetics. It was quite hard to follow the thread of thought, such as there was one.

I have quite a lot of empathy, but it is rapidly curtailed by entitled nonsense such as this. Not to mention the profound arrogance of you speaking as if you sit there, our only defense against some imagined corporate oppression for which Darktide is a vehicle.

I fear the only reason you think thats the alternative is because you’ve been ridden so much, the game industry has broken you in. Where is your fire? Where is your self worth? don’t you deserve more than this? Does’t eveyone?

I mean f*** me it’s like something out of Braveheart. Do you hear rousing orchestral music in your head when you type this stuff?

The in-game currency is plentiful. Nobody is making you spend real money on cosmetics, and there are no mechanisms by which any addiction like gambling is being exploited. Your ire is grossly disproportional and misplaced. That is why people are reacting in this way.

That and that you have come across as completely self-absorbed and barely comprehensible.

EDIT - Oh I forgot, you also accused them of racketeering

its a problem the developer invented with a keystroke, which they expect you to solve, in priniple it’s racketering, demanding money to solve a problem the racketter has created!

2 Likes

And to think, with all the time they’ve spent doing battle on the forums, they could have already had new pants.

5 Likes

are you aware there’s a total of atleast 96 possible items? That these are selected by rng, and arent dyeable?

This matters a great deal, it affects ones ability to relax, a vital human activty, which empowers us and recharges us to take on the more important things in life, in some ways, it might be even said it is in fact what matters most.

You are very welcome to that opinion, but spare a thought for those of us not able to play at high difficulties, maybe I will be on malace onday, but I’m not likly to get higher, and the impressions of new players matter, and this is, dishartening.

To be fair, nobody short of the mad completionists are going to buy all cosmetics.

If I have an issue with this, it’s that we’ve paid full price for the game and are still being asked to grind for what are realistically recolours of base cosmetics.

FS, either this is a F2P game or it isn’t. Please make up your mind, because if you try to monetise like a F2P game while also asking full price for entry, I see crashing and burning in DT’s future.

1 Like

Nah it’s fine

2 Likes