Convocation of Decay (Legend) End Event - OP or Nah?

Legend, and a lesser nerf to Cata

5 Likes

I’d say reduce rather than stop, but otherwise agreed. And nerf flashbang please. That’d honestly probably be enough

Hm -_- Well, let’s see what they come up with. Just don’t let it be another Fort Brachsenbrücke.

And after CoD is nerfed the horde will venture against the next finale which is “too hard”.

1 Like

Yeah. I kinda like the flashbang to be honest, though :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I don’t like Rasknit, to be honest, for a similar reason. Nonstop spawns are never fun. It should always be feasible to save a run based on skill alone.
But I guess Nurgloth is a more likely target.

1 Like

Nurgloth got already nerfed twice. That should be enough.

But seriously, before we nerf any other finale I demand a new FS-organized thread:

Into the Nest (Legend) Skarrik Lord Fight - Simp or Nah?

2 Likes

Rasknitt needs a rework more than a nerf, he’s not a very fun fight in general. He should have less HP in his current state though, it’s incredibly boring just having 4 people stand around the map smacking him for ages and killing adds as soon as they spawn in. Maybe make him personally less tanky but his mount tankier, something like that.

Nurgloth would be fine if they made you invincible while knocked back (so you don’t get killed midair with zero counterplay), and added a safe area for rezzes. Just a small stone ledge or something that the aoe doesn’t reach, where respawns would pop up, so you can more reasonably revive your team without a dash.

5 Likes

At least Rasknit feels like there is a solution.

If you constantly break line of sight between him and/or Deathrattle until you’ve cleared the trash that’s 90% of the difficulty removed.

CoD in its current state doesn’t feel like there is a counter play that leaves it appropriately challenging.

But as I said earlier, CoD feels like it has a broken spawner. Enemies spawn directly behind you and without any sound queues, but there is a patch comming, so lets see how it looks. Hopefully it’s still a challenge, just one that’s consistent with other missions wtihin the difficulty chosen.

I can’t think of any other missions that stand out as being too out of place as to be inconsistent with the difficulty level. Even Dark Omen and Enchantair’s Lair feel fine currently, once you’re familiar with them.

1 Like

Oh man, I can’t agree more :smiley:

Nurgloth is mostly right, I think we could get fewer adds in phase 3 and it would be perfect. Ressing or getting knocked back is annoying, but both things could be circumvented, if not for the sheer amount of adds blocking your movement (on cata).
In fact, I’d personally remove the adds altogether, and make him even more of a threat. Kind of like when you are soloing a boss: sure, it’s “easy” once you have killed the trash, but he can still kick your ass. This way he’d be the sole focus of that part, a mix of relief for having made it there and “oh-oh, now we have pissed him off”

True. I dislike Rasknitt because while easier than convocation, has imo the same problem: if things go south, neverending spawns will kick your teeth in.

2 Likes

Please no. Convo is not too hard. It’s an end event, and I would consider it on the same level as most other end events. Maybe on the higher end of difficulty, but certainly not too hard. We don’t need another fort situation. It’s like your balance changes are trying to force people to turn to modded realm to be challenged in the slightest.

Here’s my proposal: buff all of the weak end events to match the “hard” ones. Don’t give in to the lowest common denominator. Next Cata, FoW, and Weaves will be nerfed. What’s the point of having hard content if it’s only going to be nerfed anyways.

It’s about time. That final has been overtuned for far too long.
The run is fine if you’re in a premade squad with friends, but with casuals it’s just a mess, so Legend really needs it.

Personally the only nerf I think Legend needs is to disable the specials, it would be a fun survival map final if you don’t have assassin rats flying at you or gas. The specials really kills runs and the fun in this final, tbh. Essentially I’d like the CoD final to be a straight up brawl without being asphyxiated by gas or being touched without consent in inappropriate places by an assassin rat.
Just my two cents.

p.s Oh, and remove the flashbang too. It only needs to be a one time thing when you first enter it.

1 Like

Please buff rest of events to not be boring instead of nerfing only one of rare event that need minimum amount of thinking what you are doing

2 Likes

Honestly, this would be a very simple change I feel to instantly up the difficulty of every map to akin to CoD is add in chaos warriors to every finale. CoD only feels consistently hard because of them. Lots of weapons can 1 or 2HKO or combo stormvermin quickly. You can nuke plagues at range with body shots. At the very least, you can stagger them with a plethora of methods.

Chaos warriors require a very specific type of build to deal with up to 4x or more in a run. Most require well aimed headshots to deal with or career skills. Your not going to bomb 2-3 CW next to each other and kill them.

There are other reasons CoD can be hard like blight storms spawn in that finale. Nearly no other finale has blight stormer spawns. I am not even sure of any that have them. Maybe Garden of Morr.

It still is the only event where I know my teammates have to be exceptional to make it, rather than decent. No other event throws so much tough stuff at you in such a short order from so many directions.

It outshines all the boss battles in toughness, including Rasknitt and Nurgloth, which is pretty weird for the finale of some mid-level mission.
If that is what you WANT the difficulty to be, then make all the other bosses and finales harder. If the other levels feel properly balanced to you, then bring CoD down a notch. Either way make it not stick out so much.

1 Like

CoD doesnt demand you think, it demands you got a normal level of skill as well as knowledge of the area layout&kiting paths but also a ton of luck.

Luck that you dont get bad spawns in a row like multi CW+SV+disabler waves rapidly, luck that the backstab sound system works, luck that specials dont spawn literally next to you but under the ring silently.

Luck that you dont get several of the above at the same time.

2 Likes

Welp, will be interesting to see if we have another fort brachsen at our hands or is the nerf going to be something reasonable.

Luck that you can beat with just normal playthrough hmm, like you know kitting and sniping priority targets

1 Like

You dont snipe a priority target that jumps up behind someone silently during an elite wave in time unless you´ve got some godly reflexes and awareness going. You dont snipe a stormer casting through a mountainside with only 1 cm of his head visible while balls deep in melee.

You dont snipe an assassin jumping through an horde or from a cliff outside your FOV.

Common factor here? These may or may not occur entirely depending on luck in that place. And this is the only event with your success so largely influenced by luck.

Kinda like how there is a minuscule chance you can get two trial chests in the citadel of eternity rather than 1. Or how you may or may not get a boon that trivializes the rest of the run from the first possible roll or just not get any single good one through an entire run. Or several runs.

Specials spawning and attacking from the cliffs need to go.

Specials spawning silently below the platform and attacking from there needs to go.

Flashbang really needs to go.

Nonstop elite party or just one or two waves with a large break between? Difference between high and low is way too large.

3 Likes

Any chance we could also get a buff for Fort Baconbritches? Seems to be universally agreed that Fort B is currently a joke finale with 0 threat. More elites in the early phases, and a monster just before escaping (elite spawn should slow down significantly when monster spawns) would be a lot more engaging.

Throwing a bone to both sides of the community seems wise here.

7 Likes

That would actually be quite the challenge. Maybe make it so you need to transport ALL cannon balls to the Cannon so it’s not just camping the cannon and having a rat slaying fiesta waiting for the guy on Cannon turning duty to rotate the damn thing.

i never found fort to be particularily bad, just meant you had to have some good CC going for the damn old monk waves