Connectivity & Ping Issues Since the 3.4 Release

I hear some of you are still experiencing issues which is very unfortunate. Please do double-check you have the latest updates for the Steam client installed via ‘Steam’ → ‘Check for Steam Client Updates…’. No need to switch to the Beta, it’s all live.

I completely agree with you, PS4 is a mess. We’ve resolved it internally and are in the process of running it through the QA process, with the aim of hotfixing.

1 Like

Well… Players in premade lobbies noticed improvements in ping, game is way more stable than month ago when I posted first time here … seems like main concern of this thread was solved. I should probably move my specific case in new thread, but to be honest not sure do I want to bother with this any more. No point in digging rabbit hole any deeper.

Just to recap. Posted here originaly due to frequent disconnects from host. They are gone shortly after I complained about them for me but some people still complain so I assume it have something to do with ISP quality of service, STEAM region, time of day, who knows, I can just keep guessing.

It’s open thread, meaning its not going to be closed shortly after few days of inactivity. Thats reason why I brought in talk about influence of other players joining on my performance, players that can ruin experience for others and introduce delays. Glad one more guy here noticed it and shared experience. It’s crossplatform, consoles affected. It’s something we have since release.

I think it’s going to stay mistery. I tried everything I could on my end to resolve it localy with ISP. I’m done… for now, nothing makes sense

1 Like

Okay, just realized this but here’s my story.
Updated my steam yesterday. I played still with high ping with my friend.
Today, decided to reinstall steam and BOOM ping issue solved and back to low ping(40ms).
My other friend still experiencing issues today, I told him to try to reinstall steam. He said he gonna try tomorrow.

Yesterday was fine. Today I had so many host disconnects - not rage quitting - that it’s not funny. Plus I had people with poorer ping getting stuck in the last action, but actually fallen more than I would usually see in 2 months.

1 Like

Anybody have stutters when player is joining/leaving/disconnecting mid game? Noticed that offhost and onhost even before patch. Short stutter is sometimes followed up with desync and rubberbanding for me. Had situations when shortly after stutter few people were downed or just struggling on low helth blocking and doging around just to stay alive. Monitoring my frames and temps.

So far it doesn’t seem to matter what my ping is (unless it’s over ~175), I seem to be getting the same mixed bag of quality connections. Some games run fine, others lag horribly during hordes, and some even kick me out entirely, even when my ping is within reasonable limits.

This is unchanged with the new update.

Somehow I think that perhaps it may have to do with how the game is running on the host’s PC, but I just don’t know. I really hate having to hope that a game I join will allow me to play all the way through or not. I know it isn’t me, because I have no issues in other online multiplayer games.

If there’s anything I can do or change, I’m willing to try.

4 Likes

I had this yesterday. I played with my friend yesterday and suddenly network outages occurred in my area. My friend said their games was temporarily frozen when I got disconnected.

2 Likes

And also “lost contact with the host” appeared in my friend screen for a moment, although he was the one that hosted the game, lol. Still beta I guess. Hahahaha

1 Like

so it isnt a beta client thing, then i guess it just didn’t work for me either so far. :confused: i guess i’ll just keep praying for the emperor-god to bring salvation and sooner or later it will happen.

1 Like

After the steam update me and my friend we have at least 100 less ping in every much that we host .for 2 years i played with 150 ping and above now im 20-80 ping in every game me or my friend hosts. So for my pov dont change anything my game has fixed

2 Likes

tbh its not about ping, i have really good ping as well but there are delays regardless and if i join anywhere further away from poland, austria or italy (im joining from hungary) then it just kicks me out of the game after a few seconds. all the while my ping is 70 according to the game.

3 Likes

For me it hasn’t changed either unfortunately. Still, regardless of ping, which is averaging around 80 (so still far higher, than before engineer patch), I still get the same rubberbanding and inconsistend desyncing delays, which make it nearly impossible to play…

I really wish by now the network code would be rolled back, this is unplayable at Legend+ right now :frowning:

2 Likes

Apologies, I realise I haven’t replied but I have seen all of your responses. Just trying to collate the information I’ve been receiving and look for patterns.

2 Likes

-For the past 2-3 days I experienced some kind of desync while hitting enemies, there is a 0,5-1 second delay between hitting an enemy and a ragdoll/death animation, got 300 hours and never before have I experienced something similar, also done 2 posts on the Vermintide subreddit

Reddit posts links:

-link to my another video about the problem: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

-most recent console log:
console-2021-03-30-14.07.09-d66aacc5-97c7-4891-9541-8dcc7451adcd.log (619.0 KB)

-region: Poland

-download region: Poland

5 Likes

Played with flatmate yesterday, I was hosting.
He had some delay even though the ping was 50-60ms, up to about 2 seconds between the moment he drank a draught and the moment his health went up.

6 Likes

Same thing here, green ping and awful delays with everything

4 Likes

Still experiencing network delays on top of fake ping. Game is more frustrating and broken than ever for me. Very inconsistent experience, actions may feel sluggish, unresponsive, delayed or fast-forwarded. Experiencing some short freezes/stutters on player joining/leaving/disconnecting. Just don’t beleive its hardware related since I saw how game runs on way weaker configs. Monitoring my temps and frametimes. Have no similar experiences in other coop games.

5 Likes

yeah same issues here

3 Likes

For the last 5 days, the game is unplayable, every single match is filled with lags, desync enemies when struck and abnormally high ping, never got that issue before

6 Likes