Chaos Wastes - Weapon Traits restriction

To be frank I am not sure if this is a bug which is the reason I am posting here, in order to get confirmation.

Looking at the weapon traits, some of them have heavy restrictions (which is cool and I support this). However, some of the lists seem odd and I can’t find a reason why a certain weapon is included or excluded. So I will go for the two weapons where this oddity seems to most notable to me.

Manaan’s Tempest - Compatible Weapons (copied from code):

wh_1h_hammer = true,
we_1h_axe = true,
es_1h_sword = true,
wh_1h_falchion = true,
bw_1h_flail_flaming = true,
dr_1h_axe = true,
dr_1h_hammer = true,
bw_sword = true,
we_1h_sword = true,
bw_dagger = true,
bw_1h_mace = true,
es_1h_mace = true

So basically all 1H weapons (nice especially for the Thor experience). However, I can’t understand why Victor’s Flail and Axe are excluded from the list. WH_1h_axe is an existing tag as far as I can see. And as far as I remember it is identical to Bardin’s 1H Axe. So I see little reason to exclude it.

Vaul’s Tempo - Compatible Weapons (copied from code):

dr_dual_wield_hammers = true,
we_1h_axe = true,
we_dual_wield_daggers = true,
wh_1h_falchion = true,
wh_1h_hammer = true,
wh_dual_wield_axe_falchion = true,
bw_1h_flail_flaming = true,
dr_1h_axe = true,
wh_dual_hammer = true,
bw_sword = true,
we_1h_sword = true,
es_dual_wield_hammer_sword = true,
bw_1h_mace = true,
es_1h_mace = true,
we_2h_axe = true,
we_dual_wield_swords = true,
es_1h_sword = true,
dr_1h_hammer = true,
bw_dagger = true

So this is basically all 1H weapons in single version and dual wield version. However, there are missing Sword&Dagger/Dual Axes/Fire Sword/Victor’s Axe. I mean I considered if it is enough for the code if the DR_1h_axe is in the list and it counts for Victor too as the weapons are the same. But there is a list where both are mentioned. So it is either redundant here or Victor’s axe is missing in both cases for reasons. Also, I couldnt find a weapon code for Fire Sword anywhere so not sure about that one. Anyway, Dual Axes would be missing anyway while all 1h axes and most other dual wields are eligible.

So, are these lists as intended? And to make sure again. I favour these restrictions for the traits and how you have the weapons chosen. It just seems there are some singular exceptions as listed here which would fit the general list but are not included.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed report :grin:

I’ve queried this with one of our Gameplay Developers and have been told it’s very likely an oversight. I’ve raised this in our database and we’ll take a look!

If you are giving this a look make sure to check other traits too. I think for the most part I understand the reasoning behind the decisions but there are still one or two oddities more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.