Chaos Wastes? PC Gamer article

I am not saying something against people criticizing or complaining. That is fine and even necessary. And in past comments I even encouraged people to bring valid criticism. What I wonder is about people being constantly complaining, about stuff long in the past, and long past any form of validity. Those who don’t seem to enjoy anything in the game. If something would make me so miserably that I complain so much, I would just turn around, remark that I wasted Money, shut up and move along.

Imagine you had a person in your live which every time you meet would start with telling you what and how much you apparently failed everything in the past, every time without ever saying something good about you. At one point you would also ask yourself why he is still with you.

3 Likes

That’s fair enough.

No question, FS is on a better/good way right now. I’m just one of those guys who sees problems before opportunities, not that it’s always bad, but you just seem like an old grump at some point. :sweat_smile:

But yeah, I just wanted to express my concern that FS might want too much. I’m a fan of quality over quantity and enjoy small doses of “WOW” more than many doses of “IT’S FINE, BUT…” (if you know what i mean).

I know you didn’t mention me in particular but i want to say something anyways. I really enjoy the game (I mean I have 2k+ hours in it, there must be smth. right about it) the thing is, the DLC’s of this game were always a double-edged sword.

Bögenhafen had some great maps, awesome look and fun to play imho BUT… the final “event” of Blightreaper (still untouched) was verty dissapointing and the sold “skins” are basically just recolours (weapons and character outfits)

Back to Ubersreik was nice, no WOW but it was solid.

Wind of Magic had those nice map effects, where I had this WOW moment. BUT… yeah everything else…

the Grail Knight DLC is fun to play, I really enjoy the new weapons, BUT I’m really no fan of the implementation of a Grail Knight as a career for Kruber. His “skins” are just derivative versions of the same color palette you just get when you buy the Cosmetic Upgrade and even then some of the weapon skins are part of Lohners Emporium and need to be unlocked with Shillings.

After all, all those things do not make the game bad. Those are just my personal problems I have with the way FS deliver their content. And that’s why I’m concerned that new content will prevent those problems (those mentioned by @Palesz too) of being revisted in the future or even create more problems. I mean things like Weaves and Versus will need additional support, Versus maybe even more then Weaves probably. And if I look at this 3rd season…

there is not even time to make a good frame for those who play them (it’s basically just a bleached version of the pink frame that just looks even worse :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ). I really doubt that FS can manage all this in the given time frame (no worries, I’m not nailing you to this FS) and still keep the support for already existing stuff going, on a level that is not just a ‘low effort 10 minute job’.

2 Likes

if anyone (no one in particular) wants, since the beginning, there’s plenty to look up in this forum and on reddit about fatshark peculiar ways, enough to justify the feeling.

Not TOO hard to justify. The Under Empire spans basically the whole world. The pactsworn also had to get to Norsca to build the skittergate

1 Like

Would also be cool to see some chaos weapon skins like the Rotblood swords and chaos warrior axes. As for new weapons: war cleavers, sabres/scimitars, javelins, flaming versions of current weapons…

No chaos weapons for players.
This isn’t Warcraft. Those weapons are touched by chaos, their wielders would soon be corrupted by it.

7 Likes

Remember when we carried Blightreaper back to base and nobody sprouted a tentacle (That we know of)?

Yeah, because we carried it for like 5 minutes and didn’t spill a single drop of blood with it.

6 Likes

And even then the weapon was slowly killing us (faster at release)

6 Likes

using such a weapon without being tainted is against years of lore…
another thing is owning it if magic is keeping it restrained, but would just be a matter of time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Weapon skins, as in illusions unlockable by completing certain missions. Also the Rotblood weapons aren’t exactly chaos rune or daemon weapons, they’re just rusty marauder weapons. As long as you’re wearing gloves or gauntlets that’s no issue

They’ve been soaked deep in the chaos winds of Norsca. Just some fabric won’t protect you from chaos energy.

No, they’re just rusty weapons. The winds of magic in Norsca do not turn weapons into daemon possessed weapons, then they’d all be wielding blightreapers. And anyway, how far of a stretch is it to say Oleysa took care of it

That’s a Demon Weapon but there exist also Chaos Weapon who were just simple weapon used by the Marauder of the Chaos god, those weapon can have a taint that can infect their surrounding (Pulsating with the power of the Warp) and should not be touched without proper protection and never used as weapon (could open yourself to the Chaos god)

1 Like

The winds of magic in Norsca warps the very landscape and its inhabitants. Of course they’re not just rusty weapons. Even the iron in the steel they wield would be somewhat touched by chaos, never mind the weapons themselves after being forged.
You are severely underestimating the density of chaos energy up in Norsca if you think they are just mere rusty weapons.

Is there any specific release date? :slight_smile:

soon™

Although there’s been some unnamed DLC added to the steam database for VT2 (2 seperate items) so this is likely to be a new career.

Most recent patch notes suggest there’s some cool stuff coming very soon™ but this might be the Geheimnichnacht hallowe’en items.

I’m so hyped for Chaos Wastes though, really looking forward to hopefully getting a couplea new maps.

Actually @Fatshark_Hedge any closer to some kind of teaser screenshot thing? Anything? An extreme closeup of …anything?

2 Likes

Hedge announcement
This will most likely interest everyone who doesn’t follow the Steam forum and reddit

yeah but I WAHNT MAH SCRRENSHOT!