Careers that go solo ruining QP experience

I feel the same but I could do few more responses :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I actually really dislike the kind of co-op where people have defined roles and “proper grouped up” play is expected. I think the game is infinitely more fun when everyone plays solo, together. Combat feels a lot more chaotic & dynamic, and you have to think on your feet a lot more & react in real-time to crazy situations. “Proper” play is pretty boring.

7 Likes

Exactly, we’re being pushed towards the old V1 playstyle, with turtling and heavy weaponry.
Apparently this is the only way FS knows how to create difficulty.

1 Like

To be fair, any class can run off and solo. I do it all the time… mostly because QP groups have really bad pacing. I think 22 mins is fine for a game. With premades I’d aim for 12-15 mins. But most QPs, if you let them move at their own pace end up being 30-45 mins. They stop for every horde or even run back to fight them.

Also, the best class for solo is probably BH. He’s absolutely ridiculous… he can 1 shot lords and solo monsters before a shade can even get into position.

3 Likes

If one class can run solo this cooperative game its not well balanced.

Or it’s because of player skill… You have had people doing true solo’s for ages now. Any class can solo, and you should actually load up the modded realm and practice playing solo. When shït hits the fan and your party all dies, you need to be able to carry.

3 Likes

Carry 5 min, not whole map. If you can complete the map alone is a design fail in a coop game.

Look up true solo’s. People actually load into the map solo and clear the entire thing themselves with no Bots or other players. It’s a skill issue, not a co-op issue. Eventually after enough time and practice, you don’t need your team, you can clear the content on your own.

Look back at some of the threads on here about weaves, with people complaining about not being able to finish the first 1-5 weaves because they can’t get a team. Meanwhile, I solo’d up to weave 23 then stopped playing them. You have people soloing weaves 120+. There’s always going to be players like this and it’s not and co-op fail.

3 Likes

Not for me.

wowow, but that is always some sort of cheezery sir ! It’s not like ppl are soloing normal Cataclysm 3 :slight_smile:

Fair enough, but it could be done. Didn’t a guy true solo Cata FoW? XD

People will get to the point where the content becomes too easy. I had to solo a Empire in Flames today, first 3 team members died before we even enter the first gate, where the two CWs are, right at the start… monster + 2 CWs and a few ambiants was enough to wipe them. At which point they quit. I went through another 5 players before I finished the map.

Similar shenanigans on Screaming bell. Dropped the chains, they all tried to run to the end and died. I had to solo the boss and escape. Again, both games on BH.

Bad players are gonna do dumb crap and die. It’s not because someone can solo that it’s happening. The players who can solo are the ones you want to stick next too and keep up with.

2 Likes

Answer to that is sure as hell no, unless there is like cheat spot or something :smile:

But yea I agree with the rest. In 1.6, Legend it was soloable with any class and any weapon combo basically.

How did you get your weapon leveled up enough to manage that? Back in the beta, I attempted to try out weaves, but nobody was playing, so I had to go solo. But I couldn’t even beat the first weave, because I didn’t have enough dps to kill the enemies within the time limit, so even if I never died, I couldn’t win. And I got so little essence on failure that I couldn’t level up my gear at all even after multiple attempts, so I was just stuck.

1 Like

This is your mistake right there.
Weaves have been heavily changed since the beta.

Ok a few remarks here because all of this IS a design question. If you have a class that across different players produces wild swings in terms of its effectiveness its a question of design. This heavily impacts qp an of course is much less of an issue in premade games. Duh.

Secondly it is also part of design to imply the usage of something. Shade has little to no synergies with the group and is extremely independent due to high move and invisibility. It literally doesnt matter as much where you are in relation to your team and you get less punished for it than other classes. Again the Design implies a certain playstyle not the other way arround.

For example Slayer is designed to work independently but has (or had) the down side of having no ranged weapon. On the other end of the spectrum HM could also solo but since you have auras and other incentives its implied that working with the team is the way to go. Its designed for a playstyle.

Shade and Zealot both lack a downside as well as any inherent incentive to stay with the team. This does not mean that a good player wouldnt recognize the importance of working together. But the design decisions that were made for both those classes are bad and lead to frustrating results in qp. Its as simple as that.

I mean if you can pull off soloing/rushing somewhat reliably then more power to you. But dont disregard other peoples experience.

Unfortunately, not enough has changed to make it a justifiable purchase yet. So I won’t be trying non-beta weaves any time soon.

1 Like

I was just answering your question “How did you get your weapon leveled up enough to manage that?”. Whether to buy Winds of Magic or not is up to you. If you don’t see the justified purchase, then surely do not =p
I certainly do see it.

Didn’t really answer the question, though. In what way is it different? Did they remove the time limit? Make starting hero power higher? Give enough essence on fail to actually upgrade stuff? Something else?

They did rebalance a lot of weaves time wise and enemies wise.
Somes weaves are still kinda bullsh*t but a lot of them are now more interesting that they were during the beta (even difficulty wise).

I don’t like weaves. So I have only done the first. But with all Cata maps I have done, I have enough to spec 2 - 3 characters.

The main issue is that if you beat a higher level weave. You have to do all the other one below. And nobody wants to do it.

1 Like