Can Gun Psykers Do more Damage & Have More Gun access?

Though The Surge Staff has been improved and Us Psykers are very Greatful for …BUT “Prescience”
and “Ranged Damage Boost” should be extremely buffed …Why?? some Gun psyker’s should have the option of using Telekine shield if they want to be more supportive for the team…Also because you guys Love to spawn hordes of rangers and Crushers We Need to do more Damage!! Plus Psykers should be able to use Shotguns as well as Braced Auto Weapons…Because at this point our only option to Put out massive damage to take out Multiple Crushers and Ranger is the Surge staff …and the revolver doesn’t have enough ammo NOR reload speed ( even if its 80% with a 10% reload buff) to assist with these Monsterous Hordes…NO DO NOT NERF ANYTHING!! just give us more damage output and More selections of Guns… the great thing about this game is we don’t have to be bottled neck into using one build so PLEASE!! make the options that i mentioned stronger :frowning:

Sincerely,
Romey Rome :slight_smile:

What on earth talents are you talking about???

Also just use a crit template with Scrier’s and DD and any vaguely finesse based gun should perform well. Just bring a FS or DS IV and crushers shouldn’t be a big issue.

4 Likes

Did you really read what i said ??? i’m talking using a gun build without forcefully using Scrier’s / having the option to use “Telekine shield” for suppport!! …Also if you’re not familiar with “Prescience” and “Ranged Damage Boost” you need to pay attention to the talent tree more :slight_smile:

for the record that stupid bubble doesn’t usually help the team. maybe enemies can’t shoot into it, but we can’t see to shoot out of it for garbage past a few meters so all you’re really doing is screwing with anyone trying to deal with the enemy shooters. if you want to use guns as a focus, switch to vet.

I did I just think it’s asinine to ask for every weapon combo to work for every build. Like the point of there being synergies is that other things aren’t synergies.

Not everyone pays attention to names. If you’d said “the crit aura” I’d have known what you meant immediately. Ideally include a screenshot or talent description in posts like this so we don’t have to go comb through games lantern to be sure we know what you’re talking about.

And you don’t actually HAVE to take Scriers for a bunch of guns. It’s nice but it’s not doing as much work as DD is.

I don’t personally think prescience should be buffed, it’s already pretty desirable. It would also be incredibly dumb to make Psyker’s ranged damage nodes worth more than other characters’. That’d just be obvious favoritism. Gun Psyker seems pretty good to me, it’s just not built for all guns, mostly for those with good crit chains/weakspot damage, and I think that’s fine. Different characters synergise with different ranged weapons.

6 Likes

Give siblings a Plasma Gun already so we cab blow themselves up while blowing themselves up :slight_smile: But seriously i’d love to be able to use plasama not just on Vet.

3 Likes

The reason why the psyker is my favourite class is because he is not the common gun wielder.

I’d rather see an expansion on staves instead of guns.

6 Likes

Gun Psyker’s wield the Infantry Auto Guns like Gods compared to Veterans. They absolutely shred anything short of a Crusher into pieces in short time. A Graia gun Psyker (switched off of Columnus, I like the Graia more) is one of my strongest Psyker builds and definitely does not need to be buffed, besides maybe Disrupt Destiny getting some important QoL changes.

Head Hunter Autos fit with the shields very well. You can get good crit rate and damage just from their blessings pools to not need Scryer crit chance, and your shield will help you line up good shots without being suppressed. I assume the Infantry Lasguns and maybe the Revolver would all function similarly.

2 Likes

Psyker has 50% more crit chance than everyone else baked in, and then a ton of crit chance along the right side of the tree for the gun meme psykers that insist upon siphoning fun from the round. Or maybe that’s just a side effect of playing with freaks in general now.

Hey man how many of Psyker’s ranged options are guns? Can’t be upset some Psykers might want to jump in on the shooty fun times if the game is gonna throw a wide variety of guns at them vs 4 staves. I have no issue with gun Psykers, even more so at the moment with the alternative often being bug abuse.

Being able to access most guns in the game already is kind of a joke for a Psyker.

Yeah but that comes at the cost of everyone else’s shooty times, kind of like not-ammo veteran, which detracts from the entire enjoyment of this game played for fun. Not really a hard formula to figure out why people don’t like seeing it. Even less hearing the ‘butter numbers’ behind it. Don’t care, I like shooting, bring ammo on veteran and a staff on psyker. Simple As.

also looting is even less fun when it feels like a survival sim, like I’ve seen vets take 23 ammo packs on auric because they didn’t bring the aura. don’t

Ill take a gun scrier over enhanced surge any day. Its a shame that crossplay will force us to suffer from such bug exploits for prolonged times from now on. Something like this should be remedied by a hotfix in the matter of days.

Tbh I dont even understand how this gets through internal testing. A very natural thing to do when you want to try smite seems to pair it with the surge. And then you immediately notice that there is somethign very wrong with the dmg.

It seems the people they are using for testing are not very observant. But to be fair this should be immediately obvious to the designers themselves.

I like having access to guns as a psyker. It’s not a choice if there’s no alternatives. Granted, gun psyker is usually lacking in utility compared to using staves, but I always wanted to just replicate unchained with a Psyker. Or maybe something more finesse-focussed, but basically melee, some precision ranged, and a cool gimmick or two.
Pity those gimmicks usually end up “do more crit, but experience time pressure” and Assail.
I’m very much in favour of making Vet’s ammo aura weaker and giving them some base ammo feature, but that’s for another thread.

I don’t know about those buffs…
I’ve made quite good generalist with 2 flavors (Assail/BB [BB - just for Kinetic Flayer - I wish cooldown was shorter], Revolver, Seer’s Presence / Kinetic Presence, Venting Shriek and Warp Battery) - even without additional Crit Chance, It handled it self very well on Damnation (Option with Assail was better when handling Ragers solo).

Other build with Graia, also works quite well. I just wish Kinetic Flayer had shorter cooldown, handling conga line of Crushers would be so much simpler.

Also: I’ve finally got Warp Battery Penance with Gun Psyker above (with Assail)! I was losing my mind trying to get enough charges when most of the teams I’ve played were dead set on shooting/stabbing any special/elite with “funny blue light” around their heads…

Also 2: Electric boogaloo. I’ve made that revolver by buying 5 (Five) revolvers from Brunt. It’s almost perfect (546 rating), while my vet (1400 + hours) still does not have one that good…
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS RNG?!

1 Like

If the Gunpsyker is going to be a thing, it needs some fundamental redesign. As is, Fatshark is basically trying to hamfist this into being an imitation of the Veteran class, largely just by boosting raw damage and crit chance, but without any of the ammo economy or related utility (like highlighting shooters) a Vet brings, and that feels…pointless. If a Psyker is going to choose to compete for consumable pickups, they’re going to need to put it to better use than that.

A Gunpsyker needs to do things a Vet can’t do. Allow shots to penetrate through barriers and walls, have shots seek their targets Assail style without needing to carefully aim, shoot around corners, proc teammate weapon blessing stacks, etc.

Just stacking psychic crit chance doesn’t add any utility to the team, it’s not filling a relevant tactical niche, the Gunspyker needs to be more Equilibrium/Matrix-style Gun-fu, not a critmonster.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if gun Psyker got some staff + pistol combos.

Make it so primary is a shot and the special is a quick use peril generating ability that doesn’t need a charge up.

Even then I think expanding to more pistol weapons makes sense for Psyker since they aren’t military trained.

1 Like

Did you miss a “don’t” here?

Gun Psyker having to use melee or a blitz to deal with Crushers is fine. It should not be good at killing every enemy type.

As a gun psyker fan I disagree with this. With Scryers active you have higher burst dps than Vet does, even when compared with Executioners stance. Combine that with Perilous Combustion and wildfire, and thats an extra 30-50k damage in your match applies to enemies all around it. Additionally you are less squishy in melee with stuff like Deimos or Illisi, or Dueling sword maybe.

If a horde of Ragers is descended down on my I would rather be a Psyker with a Graia and a Deimos than a Vet with a Lasgun and a chainsword.

Not really.

Pistol / PSW type weapons are light, portable and make sense for someone who can literally throw magic bees out of their hands.

Having a pistol + a secondary caster focus would actually make sense for a Psyker instead of lugging around a full sized rifle and/or a las gun which they aren’t trained to make the most of.

Not to mention it would give an excuse to start introducing the big list of support spells from the 40k table top RPGs.

1 Like