BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER issue

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Whilst the launcher is loading, my PC blue screens. This has happened since the last update. Literally any other game or task I do is perfectly fine. No new hard or software has been installed.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
N/A

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Stop code: BAD_POOL_CALLER

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch game
  2. BSOD

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Time is irrelevant, but for arguments sake, started at 1730 UTC+10

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
Kinda hard to screenshot a BSOD to be fair…

Upload Console Log:
darktide_launcher.log (299.9 KB)
console-2022-11-25-07.34.41-3f4485c5-eadd-4af1-9719-9ae354e4a01b.log (20.1 KB)

Additionally, my specs are;
Ryzen5 5600x (no OC)
2080ti
32g (3600 mHz) ram
1tb Samsung 980 Pro (Game installed on this drive)

No new software or hardware has been installed between last successful play session and crashes begining, drive and memory scans completed without issue, no firewall or AV enabled (even Windows Defender has been disabled to verify that wasn’t an issue) game verified and reinstalled, gpu drivers reinstalled as well. The last culprit seems to be the game as other games have no issue what-so-ever

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Update: Deleting %appdata%\fatshark changed the error code but still results in a bluescreen when attempting to open Darktide

There will be some sort of underlying driver or hardware hiccup. Please see: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360038965013--PC-How-to-Resolve-PC-Crashes-Loss-of-Responsiveness-or-Blue-Screens-BSOD-

Just want to chime in that blue screens can almost never be caused by normal userspace programs. It’s always a driver issue, or a hardware issue. Sometimes games can bring those driver issues to the forefront, but they’re still not the root cause. Darktide was the first game to cause BSOD’s for me, but it turned out to be a bad SSD, it was just very intermittant and how Darktide loaded files seemed to trigger the hardware issue.

I say “almost never” because of course some userspace programs can be designed to exploit a bad driver or kernel, but the root cause is still the driver or the hardware in that scenario.