Anyone have any Hopium for the May Patch

Im really disappointed and disgusted by this community, so much undeserved toxicity towards the devs… Im pretty sure the may 18th comm link WILL BE addresses so much thing and foreshadow so much new content… But no the forum’s filled with rushed hatred! Mark my word and WAIT for the may 18th comm link, it will be huge!

I’m fine with that, keeps the Tide series having that shared identity.

Normally I’d agree, or at least think it’s no big deal, but it feels like it’s another thing on the “laziness or incompetence?” pile when it’s happening in a game with as bad a release as DT.

This isn’t a huge deal IMO. Half the enemies in the game are straight analogues for their VT2 counterparts, so it’s not like using new animations would add a lot there.

Got some news for you:

I dont understand… What do you mean ? We dont even reached may 18 and alredy bullshitting and gaslighting? What next telling us the Bitcoin not worth 60k ?

wow, 66 replies to this nothing of a topic. Meanwhile so many others peter out into the ether with real points that are worth reading.

Pleas… Everybody so excited about the may 18 comm link ofc it is a hot topic… Including myself im so eager to see what future content we get… Ohh boy soon may 18 and we all see the juicy new stuffs…

1 Like

Controversy sells. That is nothing new in the Realms of the Mad Dopamine Starved (earth). :smiley:

Uh-huh

Sophisticated

Is it still a May 18th comm link when it gets next week’d?

1 Like

I would say that my passion for the game just cooled down, same as engagement of the devs for the game. The release of half-finished product followed by a month worth of holiday was a prime example, which I adapted for my own use.

I still play, since I have good friends to play with and the game is baseline fun, but the hype is over. Even the last comm-link delay, which I accidentaly stumbled upon was just : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I do know for sure is, that I did not buy any premium cosmetics and I will continue to do so as long as the game leaves me so lukewarm about it. On the other hand, I will happily purchase some useless premium stuff when DRG launches new season, just to support the devs.

2 Likes

We also get to look forward to FS taking a long summer break starting in June until August-ish. I doubt the content drop will be huge right before their staff all leave for vacation - and if they do will there be anyone around the fix the inevitable bugs and issues stemming from the patch? If late December-January was any indication, probably not.

3 Likes

Two months? Two and a half months? Thats quite insane. Remarkable really.

4 Likes

I’m just hoping for the same things I hope for in every anouncement larger than a minor patch. Proper Krieg or Tanith first cosmetics so I can represent my favorite regements; and a long las rifle so my “sharpshooter” vet can, y’know, sharpshoot.

chances are though we’ll just get the new map and some nerfs to a meta build and some buffs to a couple less used weapons

The May Patch? Why would I have hopium for the June patch? Do you really think the July patch will fix anything?

4 Likes

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

3 Likes

Warhammer Skulls is a pretty big and insular showcase for Warhammer fans and people interested in their games. I suspect either GW told Fatshark to get something ready to present at Skulls, or they had nothing to showcase and decided to move the announcement (and hopefully the release) to work in tandem with the event.

I’m wagering on a new enemy to coincide with the reveal of the new map, personally, but I have the same feeling everyone else has that it’s just going to be the map and nothing else.

Catfish already confirmed in the Discord that there will be no new weapons.

Worst case is that we get a lot of bug fixing and balance adjustments. Those are always nice at the bare minimum. I’d like to see a lot of mediocre and underperforming weapons buffed up for T5.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this video but I dont know… May Patch LEAKED?│Darktide│Warhammer 40k - YouTube