Anyone beat auric maelstrom C-I-VI since the last patch?

Tried this condition (melee/scab only/no ammo pickups) for the first time since the patch and… wow, we definitely didn’t win. This condition was already crazy and I think it’s even crazier after the patch. Anyone managed to get through an auric maelstrom C-I-VI since the patch?

1 Like

Thats the best mod, its a shame that has low rewards compared to others, i would love to say i’ve beaten it, but the week end is bloated with week end players, never managed to complete it after patch

edit

only once actually

immagine

2023-11-16 23:29:57

but i feel like the AI director went easy on us, only 28 minutes

i tried this again with a friend but failed

immagine

2 Likes

Love that mod. Sure, it’s incredibly hard, and no, I never beat it, but the premise is glorious.

2 Likes

Yeah on the map where you have to load the three cryonic rods at the end so not the hardest map. I was infiltrate vet with survivalist aura and demo team for krak regens and my brother was smite psyker which helps a ton. A random Ogryn who was pretty good and i dont even remember the last guy but he wasnt that good. That mode is so fun though, i wish it was up more.

2 Likes

Tbh only tried it once with premades on the latest patch, we breezed it. But since the trees were introduced I’ve barely bothered otherwise after a dozen tries, even though I used to play it exclusively mostly on pubs before then. It’s been infested with fresh lvl 30s running greens and greys since then. I’m waiting for the pub population to go down some before going back into it, probably after the holidays. It’s just not worth the frustration atm IMO. (Auric Maelstrom in general)

2 Likes

:trophy:

I’ve only seen it once since the patch, last night there was a “Smelter Complex” that had the C-I-VI modifier

It could have gone better

3 Likes

Since the patch haven’t seen it but before I cleared a few times as zealot.
Best tactic I have found is having a team that has a vet with ammo regen and ogryn with with a rumbler and a trauma force staff.
You just send them flying everywhere then quickly club them down.

2 Likes

They should make a couple variations of it, like they did with the monster missions, so it comes up more – maybe one that also has nurgle’s blessing and one with lights out?

1 Like

This game mode is absolutely wild now. In fact all Maelstrom missions are, more so than the other Aurics.
The Testosterone injections they gave the AI Director have really taken hold. This is everything I wanted the hardest difficulty to be.

3 Likes

i saw the smelter complex one too, i failed 2 times out of 2 though

1 Like

the CIVI modifier is definitely the hardest modifier in the game before the patch also, they definitely should up the rewards on it, for some reason the 1-2-VEG is rated at the hardest in the game in terms of rewards but its definitely easier than this one, they need to swap the rewards around

1 Like

run a psyker with smite

lol at this mod

It’s legit only difficult if you QP into a team with weak melee damage.

Failed one today because of a poor choice of one player, and the rest following suit, but it was a spectacular run until then. QP, 1 Psyker, 3 Zealots.
Meaning it is quite doable with a capable team. It just ends more quickly on a single mistake (like running ahead into a trapper and 2 snipers hiding in a chokepoint behind a crusher patrol ^^).
Well, or with a bad team composition, true.

1 Like

Yea I’ve never tried it with smite, but that clearly would make it easier haha. That said… I currently only see 2 videos of people clearing this modifier since the patch. One uses a smite psyker and the other is on Silo Cluster (which has a bug which makes the end event trivial). Kinda surprising there aren’t more vids around if it’s actually an easy condition – usually people are very eager to post videos of their wins :thinking: (Altho ofc the modifier doesn’t appear that often, so maybe it’s just that)

If you legit think it’s easy, feel free to share a vid, I’d be curious to see how best to handle the modifier (especially without smite and on a non-bugged map)!

1 Like

Same, I usually play zealot and cleared a bunch of these before the patch. I always liked the modifier just bc it feels so different, but it wasn’t usually super difficult.

Yeah, 1-2-VEG isn’t so bad now that the extra monsters are all weakened. When it had a chance to spawn full strength monsters, it was wild tho – I think I only beat it once the entire time it was like that…

Honestly it feels a bit cheap to me. Just spamming things at me is more tedious than fun. It is also really damn ironic they buffed elites in 14 “to make it so they cost more to spawn which reduces the number of elites the AI spawn director can create” but then they just let the AI director have literally infinite spawn credits in maelstrom.

I like that it’s wild and crazy tbh! Imo auric maelstrom should feel very out of control. I wasn’t meaning to complain about it, but rather I’m just curious how people are approaching the modifier and if anyone’s having much success.

It’s the hardest game mode with modifiers on top.
I don’t see the issue. You need to go with the Payday 2 mindset into this. Same deal as here. Gets absolutely crazy with uncontainable situations where your only choice is to find safe spots to gun the armies of goons down.

It’s perfect.

I have found a proper melee build on Vet to be way more effective than a ranged vet build.

They should make those melee only missions not allow to equip ranged weapons.
Runnign with a vet or a psyker trivialises the “melee, no pickup” challenge

I’ll get a vid next time it’s up. I should be clear that “legit easy” is when you’ve got both a smite psyker and a bunch of strong melee capability. 2 psykers is best - One to be a CC bot with smite and another with AoE/penetration damage to clear things up.

1 Like