Any news on the new career?

You have to think about it in a more practical, more gamedesign/gameplay sense. It would be waaaay more complicated, not to say expensive, to add one new hero than 1 career for each existing one.
Gamedesign:
If you want to tie in a new character, it would need to be implemented retroactively, so every event, every dialogue, every bit of lore flavour would need to be re-examined and the new character would need to fit in as well as make sense, and many voicelines would need to be re-recorded. They’d have to create at least a couple of new weapons for that character alone (which might benefit other heroes/specific careers as they might gain access to them too).
The variety of possible new heroes is huge, yes, but not everyone will be satisfied if they either chose a skink, another wizard, a bretonnian, possibly a skink, an high elf, a vampire, did i mention skink would be a great addition?

Now, how complex would be a new career for each hero?
No additional voicelines would really need to be added (except the ult sounds of course, but that’s a given. I wonder if they would add those career voicelines Blightreaper has retroactively, but that would most likely be only 2 per career, i think).
I really am not sure on the point of new weapons for those careers. Will there be one per career? Will they be then also career exclusive or will maybe another weapon like handgun, crossbow, 2h sword etc. be created that multiple heroes can equip?
At least not more work than the new hero.

Variety of new careers is pretty limited, so there will not be that much of dissatisfaction.

Victor can only really be a sigmar priest (his ex-colleague Kraussman went exactly that way).
Aqshy’s range of spells is limited and known, you can pick one and make an ult out of it, there are good options with some already picked as either ults, talents or staffs.
Bardin has not a lot of options left that would stand out, i can’t really think of one that wouldn’t need a rework of his exisisting careers.
Kerillian is most likely a wood elf again, as the other careers were only created by outside influence (dreams, mostly). I’d say Wardancer is pretty likely, it’s a career direction she not yet has (pure frontline melee, akin to slayer) and another elven god to represent. Her getting a mage career is unlikely, would need additional weapons only for that career. Another possibility would be Sister of the Thorn, with one new weapon, magical throwing spear. Yet that career would again be tied to Isha like HM.
Kruber is very hard. His careers already cover a lot. He could go full Taal like @LordRhinark created.

But, what i was about regarding gameplay wise, is how it will be when a new hero get’s implemented. You would need to level him up again, great, something all veterans love to do, getting from 30 to 35 was already something a lot complained about. But, in the end, nothing i wouldn’t do to play him. Now though comes the fun part. Everyone would want to play him, everyone at least wants to level him up. Quickplay would be dead for a couple of weeks (maybe longer), you would find no lobbies without picking the Ü5 (now 6? poor Kruber got it wrong from the get-go).
This together with the rerecorded voicelines is a huge no-no.

This is why i also hope they just do the rework of crafting, deeds, the small amount of talents that need fixing/rework and maybe more maps before the release of all 5 careers together, or you’d else have the same problem.

3 Likes