A complaint regarding the new premium handmaiden skin

I just got the glaive for Kerillian, it really just looks like a gold-glowing recolour of another skin.
I’m assuming it’s going to be the same for all of them.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, that is the only one. I don’t see a reason not to have more, though!

1 Like

So here is a mockup I quickly made in Photoshop of how the helmet could look like. The first variant is with just a darker shade of blue on the main body of the helmet. The one after that is with the dark gold / copper inlay accent.

I would love to know what you guys think:

Edit: oh I also made the inlay accent on the first one a bit darker and blue-ish to be somewhat in line with the armour’s scale plackart.

8 Likes

the third one is the best ofc. The spike could have been coral colored in that case.

How did you put the yellow on it quickly?

I think it still looks terrible honestly, but that the third option fits best with the rest of the outfit.

the actual model of the helmet itself is pretty hideous though, no amount of reskins are going to fix the fact that it looks like something that is apparently a banned word on this age 3+ forum.

5 Likes

It looks like a fancy gnome hat lol

6 Likes

8 Likes

Just a simple material recolour in PS

Well whoever made this was following the Reaver style of Asur cone helmets. It looks according to the lore, even though there are several variations throughout its depiction in the franchise. There are two variants in Uniforms & Heraldry of Ellyrian reaver helmets, one is smaller and the other is way taller than the one HM got. From the general shape and style however, I assume the arists was following the style of Total War Warhammer 2, which fits pretty much perfectly.

2 Likes

This skin looks actually pretty awesome with the older premium hat.

3 Likes

I feel like that is the only usable combination right now.

1 Like

I think there are a few combinations which work well:

I am okay with the Daughter of Lileath skin. It might be a bit expensive for the amount of changes done. But it is definetely looking good. At least in my book.

It still doesn’t match though… The lighting of the equipment screen is carrying it colour-wise.

Nothing will replace the Warmaid’s Barbute + the Legend skin combo for me but it’s a shame this one’s similar to the default. Removing the hood may have made for an interesting look, or changing the shape of the cloak. There’s a lot of little changes, it’s close to being good, just needed more.

Sidenote, some darker illusions for Kerillian’s weapons would be nice, particularly for Shade. The brightness doesn’t match the darker outfits.

2 Likes

Just a head without any face mask or helmet would pretty much fix most of the issues on most of the Careers.

4 Likes

Or a collection of shrouds assorted to the colors of her garbs, like Bardin’s collection of beanies & hoodies. Preposterous that a dwarf would have a bigger wardrobe than an elf, all things considered.

Elf is too busy shooting at Lohners couriers, reading his journals&letters, putting magic charms everywhere, taking walks through the woods doing warcrimes unto the local beastmen population while also sometimes getting drunk.

Its no wonder she doesnt have time for fashion, although if the Dwarf got it into him to taunt her for it…