Humble request about premium skins

please, please for the love of god put more effort into them, the majority of the skins you put into your store are souless and just plain ugly. vet krieg and vet scion being perfect examples, we have numerous references to pull from so why do they look so cheap and ugly? theyre supposed to be premium skins are they not? why do you think its acceptable for the scion skin on vet to be missing armor plating for their entire midsection? why is it ok for the proportions to look so off?

if the rumours are correct (because ive never seen a confirmation so far about it) and you have another studio designing and pumping these skins out then you (fatshark) should be embarrassed at the quality of some of those skins you (well probably whoever controls you) expect us to pay premium price for.

look, i am willing, more than willing to pay money for these skins but none of them look good or the poster boy sets that SHOULD look good, look like they were designed by someone who looked at a picture once 4 years ago and are trying to recreate it from memory today.

its crazy to me because you guys are capable of making beautiful skins that look exactly like their source material before, but now its like youre just churning them out to squeeze money out of the whales.

dont you understand that i (and many others) are waving our money at you?? we want better looking skins, why cant you put the effort into them to make them look better at least? or if the rumours are correct, give whatever models are sent to you by that other studio a once over yourselves to ensure quality.

i have money, money with your name on it and you wont let me give it to you.

thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

9 Likes

These are the same people who didnā€™t want a store catalogue because more than one page would ā€˜confuse usersā€™.

The cosmetic store is another symptom of the MBAs getting ahold of the studio.

4 Likes

Looking through Darktideā€™s credits, it appears almost all the art execution is handled by 3rd party studios in China, Hungary, Britain, Armenia, and India. It looks like FS does the concepts, and hands it off to these other studios, be it the CG sequences, Cosmetics, weapons, character art, etc.

And yes, the QC is terrible. FS knows this and isnā€™t terribly bothered about it, there have been tons of refund requests for an array of ā€œpremiumā€ cosmetics with huge issues, and a handful that never should have been released, and no major efforts to ever address those issues.

4 Likes

Because mugs will pay for overpriced digital goodies, that actually donā€™t exist.

There is no production cost as it is not physical.

You are probably paying some artist on minimum wage, the square root of naff allā€¦ seeing as how many multiples Ā£11 get purchased?

The artist makes nothing, Fatshark and Investors Kerching all the way to the bank.

2 Likes

Even with the cosmetics available itā€™s crazy the cool stuff you can make with the For the Drip mod. That proves how much potential this game had to make some really cool 40k characters and a large amount of customization. And it makes me sad that we will never see that because FS is so dedicated to selling reskins and the like.

And than the top of it all is the low quality cosmetics. Just very depressing.

2 Likes

They have sucked pretty hard

Unless if youā€™re an Elysian drop trooper fan
That set was actually pretty good.

Where accurate kasrkin tho

3 Likes

I liked the Armageddon set enough to get it with the Imperium Edition money. Although that was day 1 so it was still the Honey Moon phase.

Elysian Ogryn is funny. Actually I think both Elysian and Kreiger Ogryns are funny, because they make no sense and I donā€™t believe either regiment fights alongside Ogryns enough to warrant having regimental equipment made for them. Not saying they shouldnā€™t have been added, just that I enjoy it.

Although Grav Chuting Ogryns into battle might be the new strategy the Imperium needs to surviveā€¦

Tempestus Scion my belovedā€¦what did they do to youā€¦

1 Like

This is also the reason you end up with things like this penance cosmetic. This helmet and this mask clearly belong together and Iā€™m guessing their contractor designed it to be together, but because Fatshark is cheap and only wanted to pay for one armor set, they simply split the model up and voila, now itā€™s cosmetics for two classes!

For your viewing pleasure, hereā€™s the ā€œwholeā€ recreated via for the drip

Crazy how it actually does look like the moebian guard armor if you donā€™t randomly take pieces away to distribute among the 3 human classes.

As usual, whoever in management decided to do this is responsible for the ultimately terrible implementation.

14 Likes

FFS. Can Fatshark do anything without aggressively penny-pinching or being Incredibly greedy? Who the hellā€™s in charge over there? This is ā€˜force players to pay for reloadsā€™ levels of wanting money.

5 Likes

Thanks for doing both the side by side comparison and the full set. I love the ā€œgas mask shaped holeā€ the under suit has on the helmet.

I wouldnā€™t be opposed to having the gas mask and helmet separate, if there was a 3rd head option that was complete. Although even if they did add it, they will probably put it behind 10k penance points or something similarly stupid.

@Lil_Aryslav Pain.

7 Likes

That is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen.

5 Likes

thats beautiful, holy emperorā€¦

I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this. I wish i never saw this.

3 Likes

Must keep grinding for penance points

1 Like

Penance Points?

Imperium got seeking retribution for your sins down to a point based system for completing certain tasks

2 Likes

for the love of god put more effort into them, the majority of the skins you put into your store are souless and just plain ugly
you (fatshark) should be embarrassed at the quality of some of those skins you (well probably whoever controls you) expect us to pay premium price for.

Where humbleness?

The neat part? You will never get it no matter how hard you grind, unless you install the mod.

Or pay for the fully combined helmet once itā€™s in rotation in the shop

But then the colors wonā€™t match

until you buy the matching chest piece

when itā€™s in rotation.

Did we talk about the matching legs yet?

4 Likes

Hehā€¦

1 Like

itā€™s a shame there isnā€™t a face slot seperately because this looks amazing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.