dayum 5 minutes is kinda a lot, it gives more room to reconnect back but it should be perhaps 2-3 mins or so. when restarting the game it takes kinda less than 1 min i believe.
honestly id leave anyways, that group has already proven to be capable so theres no reason to repeat the same thing.
randos are for better or worse what creates replayability, aint looking for a premade or else i would have long ago ![]()
You can mute people (both on voice and on chat), bad server shouldn’t happen because Darktide uses dedicated servers.
In the situations where you leave because someone is cheesing/cheating/being toxic, the 5 min penalty is not a good solution, I agree. However, from experience this does not happen often without the offender being kicked from the group. And also.. 5 minutes really is not a lot.
That’s fine! I always did in vt2 unless I really liked the group.
It’s obviously okay to disagree with me. But if you, by your own admission, leave pretty often.. then I’m sorry to say, but I think you are part of the problem.
You signed up for a coop game the moment you pressed play. Have some consideration for the other 3.
Sorry, I have bought a game where a company promised that they would deliver a solo game mode.
So, NO, I NEVER SIGNED FOR 3 YEARS WITHOUT A SOLO GAME MODE.
Fatshark brings the solo game mode and then I will agree with you.
Also, Fatshark does not balance the game. When they will start to balance it, I could stop leaving. I won’t play again a 23 minutes of walk simulator… just cause everybody use OP weapons and OP builds.
I remember buying cyberpunk with the promise of multiplayer @_@
At least you can queue a private game with a friend and just ditch the bots with no consequence.
That’s clearly not what they promised.
I play the solo mod. But, I am forced to play multiplayer to get materials.
And when I play, I don’t want playing the metas. I want playing what my mood pushes me to play.
So, when I meet a full team of OP builds, I cannot play at all. So I leave.
Same if the guys want to speed run the map. I leave
Same if they are insulting etc. I leave
Same if my build has a problem, I leave (I change it pretty often).
Fatshark should just fix their system… to allow to populate the mission.
However, I stand firmly on my position about bots. They need to stop reappear with full health.
oh well, the playable benchmark id love to love but for the same reasons as the witcher 3 i dont warm up with it.
broad as an ocean, deep as a puddle comes to mind and the amount of non-enter-able (its a word… trust me
) buildings that are not more than glorified cardboard map restrictions was the nail on the coffin for me.
i remember first pompous mission with destructible wall elements that had the illusion of a red faction type of map manipulation possibilities, only to be used one time to water the mouth and then deliver nothing.
afterwards it was a “whatever” since open world for me is exploration and while i truly admire keanu reeves as an actor, the ingame character was a “meh”/lemme skip that and do my thing instantly.
at least my rig runs it at 144fps ray traced and ultra

aaaand you got that tram now… tramming… way better than multiplayer
I don’t think it’s fair to treat the 3 people you queue with like bots because Fatshark didn’t keep their promise. You might have signed up for solo play initially, but we know it’s not when you press play at the moment.
Ah well, you do you. But I don’t have to like it.
That’s why I ask that they fix what they have broken (aka the fact you cannot join the mission)
And that they change the bot behavior.
This has been posted about multiple times before, but I am in full agreement that leavers are a significant issue in Auric difficulty that harm the gameplay experience for those of us that don’t want to play solo or with only bots. Multiple people leaving per game is the norm for Auric games. Almost always when they are downed.
- Improve back-fill so that people can still join games after they have gone off the mission board.
- Reduce or eliminate the time that a spot is “held” for players that disconnect.
- I agree with the concept of some kind of penalty, such as a short time-out or difficulty lock-out, but ONLY for those that repeatedly leave multiple games in a row and ONLY after a warning first.
- Maybe the game could track if a player was in a downed state when they disconnected or left. This would help single out the worst offenders and not those that leave for other reasons or legitimately crash/disconnect.
I don’t have all the answers, these are just suggestions, but I do know that I hardly ever play an Auric game with randoms these days without at least a few leavers.
Sorry, I mistook you for someone else. I’ll go edit that reply—your avatars look so similar that I confused you with them.
Some players don’t mind cheat mods, or they just block the player without leaving the game. But there are also those who refuse to play with cheaters altogether.some content creators teach others to bind marking to left-click, or when there are auto-mark mods constantly spamming the “ding ding ding” sound. Some players also refuse to play with those using cheat mods (I’ve seen aimbot mods that automatically lock onto heads). And then there are those matches where you have three Arbites teammates who just keep charging forward without looking back, while you’re a Psyker forced to constantly chase after them, only to get beaten to death by the enemies they leave behind. Players have the right to refuse to play with others who make the experience unpleasant—and they shouldn’t be penalized for that.
Regarding the server issues—I’m referring to the lag and performance problems. Fatshark’s servers are terrible. At least in Asia, we often joke that Fatshark’s servers are hosted in the Warp, constantly affected by Warp storms. Sometimes multiple players disconnect at the same time, causing the mission to fail immediately. Other times, the game crashes due to various mod-related issues. There are also cases where cross-region matchmaking occurs—like Asian players being matched into European servers, resulting in extremely high latency and constant disconnections. Even if you reconnect, you’ll drop out again shortly, and enemies will stand still or even float in place.
Be careful of certain bugs that cause persistent crashes. The forums often have posts labeled “Known Issue—crashes due to certain reasons.” Players might experience consecutive crashes—for example, when Hive Scum was released, there was a bug where one player disconnecting or leaving the game would cause other players in the team to also disconnect, and that disconnecting player would continue to cause other players to drop out. Another example is when an event mode has a bug that kicks players as soon as they enter a mission, like the Rotten Armor event.
Fair points, guess I should consider myself lucky that I don’t run into these kind of people often.
Servers are mostly fine here in Europe, but I’ve had a game being terminated a few times. At least then everyone leaves at once and leavers are no problem, haha
..or there are players (me including) who hate playing with teammates using overtuned meta crap, trivializing even Auric sometimes with even 1 such build present on the team. Like, Inferno Staff, “infinite Smiter”, any vet build with kraks (no ogryn enemies and bosses in that match for you), arc rifle or claw builds of skitari, ogryn Rumbler meta build - to name a few. If I see any of those on the team, or if they join in progress, I leave almost always.
You are the one making mountains out of mole hills. Just move on! I am over engaging with you, and frankly have better things to do.
Yeah, pretty sure. The only way to immediately free up the slot is to leave strike team.
oh okay i thought by leaving with the ESC menu, was through leave strike team.
so you meant like quit the game through esc menu? but yea i think maybe counts as disconnection too.