TBH, I think you should all toughen up and move the F on! Boo Hoo someone left, Boo Hoo their weapons are too strong, Boo Hoo my class that I like is too weak, Boo Hoo FS please do what my crying says! Get a F grip.
people pick quickplay then complain about grimoires, mods they dont like, etc. they do this for the 10% docket bonus. so in the end they’ll do something they might rather not do, just for 10% bonus dockets. even though that’s very insignificant
this suggests that if you gave people a 10% docket bonus for finishing missions without leaving back to back, they would likely stop leaving
Basically, you showed up in this thread just to mock everyone who finds this situation problematic, while you yourselves avoid it—not only just with your high skill, but with cheat mods
To add to that, quitting from the escape menu does exactly the same thing as far as the server is concerned.
Stop. Just stop. Your beef is off topic and functionally spam. Take it to DMs or block them.
That’s all the warning I’ll give before defaulting to the flag post button in the future.
Honestly, If people quit - so what! Look at the game you are in, look at the other players (Groups of 2 and 3 included), how is everyone playing? Are they fair, greedy, or just idiots?
Myself I would quit a game if -
A) Players are just downright greedy and cannot share items.
B) If I spawn into a game that has you almost dead due to the bots stats and you go down and die.
C) Players that pick up med stims and fail to use them on team mates or themselves, then take a med station charge that another person could have used.
D) Idiots that just race ahead and could not care what happens behind them. Not all players want idiot speed runs!
E) Game mechanics that have you wait so long to be rescued.
F) Game mechanics that have bosses still punt you through walls/floors and you fall through the map and die.
G) Game mechanics that FS will not fix broken mobs.
So look at the game and the players at the time on the person leaving, don’t just come to the FS forums and cry “OMG time them out for five minutes”, you most likely contributed to them leaving, but no blame others as it is easier.
5 minutes last time I checked the code. Combine this with mission events being flagged as no backfill and you realise that it is a miracle when we get any replacements at all.
Players have the right to refuse to play in such lobbies—for example, when a teammate is using mouse macros, when someone is constantly using open mic with loud background noise, when a player keeps posting negative messages in chat, or when you’re matched into a bad server with 200ms ping, making the game unplayable. In these situations, players who leave are penalized instead. This design violates players’ right to refuse to play with toxic or disruptive individuals.
@FatsharkJulia Please intervene in this thread. A large amount of off-topic content has suddenly appeared, and someone is making false accusations against others without any evidence.
Idk why they don’t group people up after a mission automatically. Makes the game more social o=
Well they did for VT2 and mostly people would just leave group reque (not always could find a chill group and play some rounds though)… same as SM2 but at least in DT could save a load screen with new hub… unless hub is the issue they don’t to put everyone in same instance.
That would encourage people to not ditch team so fast too…
Honestly, what did Fatshark expect when they made Darktide as antisocial and player friction (compared to VT1 and 2) as they did.
Honestly not sure why you keep calling this post “crying”. Saying I most likely contributed to them leaving is baseless speculation at best, as well. I don’t understand your attitude coming into this post.
What you call crying, I call constructive feedback in a subforum called gameplay feedback. If this “crying” bothers you then I don’t understand why you even read these posts. I post this because I love the game and like to see it become even better.
Leaving players bother me, a lot of the times you are stuck with a useless bot that uses medicae charges, doesn’t contribute much and reduces the social aspect of the game.
It also sucks if you choose a build and aura to compliment the other players, just for them to leave.
Lastly, I’ve had it far too many times that I risk my own health to go pick someone up, just for them to leave.
But I do agree that there are legit reasons to leave a game, like speedrunners, and that a 5 min penalty is not optimal in such cases.
Uhm.. what?
I have the same standard profile picture as Temp, is that why you thought that?
edit: There, changed it. Now don’t go making false accusations against me, haha
It is a QQ thread, is it not? Asking FS to “Timeout” players because they want to leave a crap team, or because their build sucks and they need to adjust it?
Not at all, just telling how it is, tbh those that QQ about players leaving have the issue to start with, and not the player that left. If you QQ about a player leaving then it is a “YOU” problem, and as such build a bridge and get over it - end of story!
Could not a agree more!
Blanket statement - If I wanted to throw you under the bus I would have.
How is this a blanket statement? You very clearly single me out.
I tried to explain why I think it’s not a “QQ” thread. Feel like we go around in circles now.
You don’t agree with my proposition and this whole thread, and that’s okay. Just don’t understand why you feel the need to be so dismissive about it.
Problem is linked to the reduced windows time to join a mission
I disagree with OP. Too many unbalanced builds to apply such penalty.
IF the game was balanced, I could agree…
But actually I leave pretty often… when I cannot play
I think it would be much less of an issue if the bots were passable. I mean right now they don’t even push pox bursters.. they’re an active detriment.
They should remove the bots or at least place it in same position of the leaver… (so on floor if the player was on floor, tied if he was already a prisoner).
I am tired to have to wait when we fail.
mmh weird.
i thought by leaving voluntarily you were going leave the strike team and therefore leaving the slot for a new player right away.
are you sure about this?
cause whenever i seen people leaving through the leave button, they were actually gone from the strike team, and i was noticing new players joining right away. only people ragequitting with alt f4 were still in strike team cause game thinks they dc’d or something, and therefore making the backfill slow because needs to wait the 5 minutes timer.
when ragequitting with alt f4, if someone restarts the game, it will prompt you to reconnect back to the game as choice, because of the grace period granted you. which does not happen if you leave from the escape menu. and if they decide to not reconnect back, then they leave the slot for new players since they declined to rejoin back.