Your country, and YOUR favorite national dish

I’ve been visiting for around 8 years now, around 6 years before I moved here. So I was use to the weather before coming. I prefer the weather in Sweden to be honest. Bermudas winters are warmer than Swedish summers, I hate the heat. And the British army tended to send me to warm locations, seen enough of the equator.

Wait, Julia, are you the woman from the FS Streams that hates on Gävle?

Hahah, no! That must be Tuva! I had to Google what Gävle was - I’m British and don’t know Sweden all that well. :smile:

1 Like

Pouring whisky over everything is the most Scottish thing I can think of so this approach to eating haggis is very much welcome.

I’ve never been fancy enough to make it myself but restaurants tend to serve it with a creamy whisky sauce.

1 Like

Spain here. Spanish omelet. By the way only potatoes, onion, eggs, salt, parsley and olive oil.
My last creation…

4 Likes

Austrian here.
I will go with the god damn KAISERSCHMARRN!
wiener-kaiserschmarrn

3 Likes

I got to try this, if nothing else then just because it has “Kaiser” in its name :smile:

1 Like

Holy smoke a proper Spanish omlette. You can buy these vacuum packed ready cooked in a fridge in the UK in the local supermarket ready for you to warm up in a microwave at home. :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

I am not even Spanish and I am hugely offended by that fact.

@DatDing15 that stuff is heavenly. I think the Emperor who loved this pancake was uncle to Franz Ferdinand?

2 Likes

I’m sorry for taking a shot at this (I know, a really bad pun :grin:…), but yeah, Joseph loved those pancakes and Franz was his nephew.

2 Likes

It’s only a legend tho. Nobody really knows why its named “Kaiserschmarrn”.
But this theory is the most popular one.

Poland here.
My favorite dish is Żurek - this is a soup made of soured rye flour and sausage or smoked bacon. Soup sometimes is served in bowl (eatable :wink: ) made of bread, but always with boiled potatos or eggs. This soup is also a popular Easter dish in Poland.
zurek

3 Likes

Well hello there my Slavic brother :slight_smile:
This soup really looks delicious!

1 Like