Witch Hunter Captain ideas

I agree with Dlood from the Gameplaye Mechanic point of view it would be utterly nonse to make a Grimoire Class.

no, thats only depends on the Player nothing to do with the Class itself besides you would say a IB that can have over 200hp and can take every 10sec a free Hit is better suitet for the Task, you just have more Room for Flaws and thats not your Aim to just have more “Room” for “Flaws”. A experiecend Person gets through anyways.

Im sorry to go here a bit off Topic, just cant stand such Statements, not to be rude against you Dlood.

Before the patch, I got the majority of my reds from soldier’s vaults, and I had like 35. I opened more than 100 emp vaults and hat 2 reds from those, both charms. All, I repeat, ALL of my weapons came from Soldier and Merchant Vault’s. Heck, I had 2 weapons drop from the same vault THREE times and all of them were Soldier’s - and it was the same for the friend I regularly played with. The moment we stopped chasing grims and just went for lower level vaults, reds started dropping pretty consistently. It made literally NO sense for me to go for grims. Just sayin.

1 Like

IMO, a lot of his issues could be solved simply by making his base HP 125 to bring him more in line with other non-tank melee careers like Handmaiden and Merc, and then halving his ult cooldown.

Many other careers with moderate to strong self-buff ults (like Zealot, Shade, Handmaiden, Slayer, and Huntsman) have them on low enough cooldown that they can loop them with a concentration potion, essentially providing 20 seconds of attack speed, damage, invisibility, or whatever. Putting WHC on a 90 second cooldown would allow him to do this as well, giving him a potential 40% crit chance for 20 seconds, which isn’t an unreasonable number. This way he could could synergize reasonably well with concentration potions, and without one he could still use his ult more than a couple times a map so that it actually feels like it’s helping somewhat.

1 Like

I agree but I think I would be okay with this. Kind of a high risk, high reward similar to Shade - massive damage potential but squishy as heck.

Plus it would go along with Saltz just being general badass.

I had similar results, mostly from just generally being more successful with grims out of the picture… no one gets loot from a wipe, and a full book run that takes forever because the team is barely hanging by a thread for half the game then the better loot isn’t worth it over time. If players are good enough to do reliable fast full book Legend runs that’s still the way to go, plus fun challenge bragging rights and all that jazz.

I liked the challenge, too, and I do see the reasoning behind no grims being more reliable. But that just added to that. I had opened SIGNIFICANTLY more emp and gen vaults than soldier and merchant. Heck, I had opened more emperors than both combined, more than a hundred and yet had just 2 red items to show (and that was after the alleged “drastically increased drop chance”) and both were charms. I kept track of almost everything and can even conclude that even after I got SOME more drops from generals, I didn’t get a SINGLE weapon from either emp or gen vaults, only charms, trinkets and necklaces. Also funny to note: red items dropped almost always back to back with the buddy I play with, meaning that whenever one of us would get a red item, the other would too within the next one or two vaults, no matter their quality. It even happened 5 times that we got a red item from the same game. Even more interesting is the fact that the three times I got 2 red items from the same vault, it was always the two weapons I just happened to have equipped. You may call that anecdotal, but if something like this happenes to two players, you start asking yourself some questions. I mean, it’s all moot now since the drop rates seem to be adequately satisfactory now, but it does make me wonder how RNG that system really is.

My suggestions

-Reduce cooldown for his ult ability. An underwhelming ult like his should be on a 90-120 second cooldown max, unless it is improved. (I like OP’s suggestions, but would still argue that the cooldown should be reduced somewhat)

-His instakill crit headshots sound nice in theory, but in practice most man size enemies will die to headshots already, and this ability does not reward headshots at all against bigger targets. Critical hit headshots doing 1.5-2x more damage would effectively do the same thing, but also give some value against enemies like Maulers and CWs, which he currently needs to treat like pincushions until teammates help him out.

1 Like

Not on Legend, with 10% Crit Plus from Equipment already every 3-4 Hit is a Crit. i never would lose my
“Killing Blow” to use the old Trait Name cause it is way to practical against Waves and SV Pats.

Already in the Talents with “Deathknell” giving you around 15% Headshot Bonus.

I’d love to see him get a real overhaul, though there are some really neat parts of his kit - his infinite block, his headshot insta-kills, his ping making enemies take more damage.

The simplest and easiest thing to boost him would be to give him 125 health base (I feel like there’s just no reason to give him only 100. HE’S A DRIVEN MAN.), and reducing his cooldown time to like 90 seconds. It’s not THAT powerful to justify its long charge time, and I rarely find it useful for anything other than stunning a boss. The bonus damage output is only ‘meh’ due to the short duration.

With a full overhaul, I’d love to see him get a different ult - @Avar had that really cool idea of him going guns-blazing for a bit, which feels thematic for the character and fun as well. Or my original thought when I heard that characters were going to have abilities; a skill like Accuse from Total War: Warhammer. As in, pick a target, put a strong DoT on it that wears it down.

4 Likes

Dont know about you but doing legend without much issues with WHC since begining of V2…

If I coud adress any WHC problem that woud be very low HP pool (only 100 health), and following issues which arises from it:
-Very prone to FF
-Very prone to lag hits, (anyone get lag hits from time to time, but they feel less devastating on 125hp than on 100, right now one single lag hit can end your game)
-WHC not work well with zone setups, for example if you have beam mage and flamethrower dwarf in same group, because u are forced to dance around enemies and never take hit due low HP pool.

125HP and WHC problem forever solved, anything else is l2p issue.

There are basically two issues with the WHC Ult. The first is that it knocks the enemies back, which immediately puts them out of your sword’s reach, so you lose at least a second from your Ultimate just to move back into range. The second is the long cooldown, but this has been talked about so much ( as well the buff to 125 HP), that I won’t waste anyone’s time. So, back to the first issue.

Personally, I’d prefer it if the ultimate stunned the enemies where they are no. No push-back, no knocing them on their asses, just stun them, make them stand there dazed’n’confused for Ult’s duration. No other career has such a stun, it wouldn’t change the dynamic of the Ult overtly, but it would let you fully use your time to hack away at your opponents. (I also dislike the fact that Ult knocks the trash on the ground. For a career so reliant on headshots, your Ult making it harder to score headshots just feel counter-intuitive.)

3 Likes

His active should indeed stun enemies. Most Skaven already have some kind of “cowering in fear” animation. Salty is an outright insane Zealot and a veteran witch hunter, his presence should strike fear in the hearts of his enemies.

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say, WHC is the worst career in the game. Name one that’s worse, I’ll wait…

He’s a jack of nothing, and a master at nothing.

a few ideas
Conviction Aura
-Passive: you and ally nearby recieve +1% crit chance for every strike (melee or ranged) that was not a crit, has no cap. once you crited, the added +crit% bonus resets. the reset for buff is seperate for individual ally (and urself) since you all will be critting at different times.

Crusader’s Presence
-Passive: whenever an ally crits (melee or range), you gain +1% attack speed for 8 seconds, stacks up to 15%.

Salvation
-passive: whenever an ally crits (melee or ranged), you gain +1% damage mitigation from all sources for 5 seconds, stacks up to 10%

Sigmar’s Protection
-passive: you take only 85% damage from all sources, but the 15% damage that you did not take gets turned into a damage over time over 5 seconds. this damage over time will stack if multiple sources of damage was taken.

2 Likes

That would be interesting, turning the support career into that gets supported. But I don’t think it’d fit with the lore, nevertheless, I could see these working on Kruber. But maybe if you turned it around and whenever Saltzpyre crits, his allies get a bonus that stacks? Would be interesting, since it’d force the WHC to stay in combat for the benefit of his allies. “Lead by example” or something.

1 Like

the 1st perk buffs the ally to let them crit more, the 2nd and 3rd reaps of the benefit of buffing ur ally of buffing urself in turn. sort of like “i help you, you help me”. these 3 needs to come in 1 package so they can work together.

the 4th one is kindda like having more hp but also in a way not. it just staggers the damage you take so u don’t get insta gibbed.

I’m only affraid that with him getting some changes someday he will lose his passive headshot multiplier ( it’s unlisted anywhere ) and/or lvl 10 headshot talent. Those 2 things combined is the only reason i ever play him.

His headshot multiplier passive is totally USELESS on legend. 99% of mobs you have to hit the same amount as with Zealot even if you focus on headshots unless you crit and IK them.

Although I personally don’t play WHC much, I feel his ‘class fantasy’ is not really coming across on the character and team. You would suspect his role would be some leader that relentlessly tracks an enemy till its dead. He has some traces of this, in that his (or teamwide) tagged enemies take more damage. But besides bosses, with big health bars, this concept has no presence. most specials are tagged anyway, so you their is no visual confirmation of him on the team. Compare this to ranger Bardin, where killed specials drop ammo and more. All these drops are confirmation of ranger Bardin presence in the team and change how a mission is played slightly.

This same problem is also present with his ult. His Ult seems like a weaker version of Mercenary Kruber and doesn’t really have much impact. His 25 talents are all pretty much stats increases and don’t change the ult in a meaningful way.

Having his tags be another color would at least give WHC more presence, but I think his ult should be something different. I think something like “Righteous Mark,” where a enemy is tagged with special mark, one that the whole team sees, that makes the marked enemies highly susceptible to damage. Getting increased damage, increased crit rate and bleed from attacks (or other weakening effects), would be more in line in his fantasy of a leader that tracks his unholy target, than pushing some enemies around and slightly buffing his team. This suggestion would also give him a role of being a strong anti boss character, which I think would be a neat role to play.

2 Likes

Your idea for his Ult is certainly interesting, but I wonder how useful it would be. Simple Elites and Specials usually die fast enough not to make much of a difference, so no need to use it on them. Chaos Warriors take a bit more of a beating, but even they go down with relative ease (they stay alive not for 3 seconds, but maybe 5-6?). So a lasting effect would only be worth it if used on a boss, but only if this mark lasts for the duration of the whole fight. If it drops after 6-10 seconds (like most Ults do), it would just be a small burst window. Any as things usually go, the moment you have time to burst is the moment a horde and 15 disablers spawn. :smiley:

TL;DR: cool idea, but I doubt its overall usefulness.

Yes and no. It makes huge difference for rapier and a noticable one for 2h sword ( i know, but still, i can 2 shot stormvermin to the head with it so i use it sometimes for fun ) and not so much for falchion and axe. Also makes crossbow chunk bosses very nicely.

1 Like