Winds Of Magic Community Blogpost

No problemo! I have a big war hammer.

IF you’re far enough from your team that you can’t attempt a rescue when they get hooked/leeched because they’re hidden by walls and things or they can’t rescue you then you’re not really playing a co-op game very cooperatively. If you can blast through a run on your own then that’s great.

In QP, as an experienced player surely it’s an opportunity to help lesser mortals by buddying up with the weaker players?

3 Likes

Well I don’t really QP, I just host whatever map I feel like playing (doing 100 hat runs lately before the WOM comes) and I’m bloody not doing that 3 times slower because someone wants to smell the roses.

I will help them, I will clear all elites I will do the specials, but I won’t sit in that one spot during the horde.

Especially when the random will take take some overhead and leave anyway in the middle of the run. Than all I got was much longer run for nothing. (If I went super slow with him)

Like yesterday, I got some guy in group, who wanted to play deeds (which I don’t need for anything, it’s just equivalent of going slow) ,but I was like sure… I opened the DHDD/Rot deed for him, he dies to slave rats or whatever (as Zealot) before we reach platform in Halescourge (complains about frickin everything during that time) , gets rekt again during platform event and than leaves… well after that my attitude is even more “screw this” because, now nobody can’t even join since it’s deed.

And it’s this crap all the time, because there is no banning system and no penalty for leaving.

Also I’m not playing with bots, since when keeping game public I actually get a chance to find new interesting players.

You’ll always have people that are bad, and that will never be fun to play with because of their attitude. That’s just a part of playing with randoms. If it’s unsalvagable you just leave the lobby.

My point is just that when you’re good and you quickplay, you will get matched with bad players. Complaining about that is just stupid. Either deal with it in a mature manner, or play alone. No other options. Joining a quickplay or hosting for randoms and then not play together with them in a co-op game will make nobody happy.

Yea, as for me, only thing I complain about is people leaving. I don’t mind if a guy dies 10 times during run (because he is new), but I do get irritated when I see them JDLing 10 times during one run without any penalty at all.

Fair enough. I can also get annoyed by deserters a lot. I was mostly talking about playing with randoms but then playing like you’re doing a true solo because they can’t keep up, though.

2 Likes

Usually i quit only when we are all 4 dead, just because i want to skip alla the “defeat” stuff. it’s that bad?

No issue with that imo.

Only if you’re host.

2 Likes

Sometimes not leaving is a chance to observe superior performance of your team mates and during this almost year and half I was able to watch a lot of clutches by random players I played with.

2 Likes

Yes actually. Because as a host, I am often stuck with just looking at all four characters being downed/dead because someone elft and someone else now is reconnecting. Now I am waiting twice as long as the defeat screen itself takes. God forbid someone else leaves and thus making someone else join!

EDIT: gonna leave the “elft” typo because leaving as the round ends is prime elfing.

6 Likes

Oh damn never realize that. I think from now on i’ll never leave before the “defeat”

3 Likes

Happens a lot, joining into games only to see the defeat screen xD Get back to the lobby and the host disbands. Just a waste of time. Stay in game until lobby, then quit.

1 Like

Just saw this on youtube.

At the end, it says Pre order today for beta access. So I guess we will be doing more betas? And the early August isn’t the release date, but the beta date?

3 Likes

13 in twitter

1 Like
3 Likes

Ok, so by that wording. Buying it today gives Pre-Order Beta access, and then the game goes live on the 13th? @Fatshark_Hedge Would I be correct with this information? Wanna shout out to the discords, but don’t want to spread misinformation.

2 Likes

Is this like the base game pre-release beta that keeps your progression unless something happens or not?

2 Likes

Was wondering the same. They’re streaming at 5pm today, maybe we’ll get some answers then.

1 Like

Huh seems we were wrong.

1 Like