Game worked perfectly on windows 10. I fresh installed a windows 11 and installed all the latest NVIDIA drivers as well, however, the game keeps just randomly crashing.
The current work around my issue was to reduce the amount of threads to 1, which of course tanks the performance, but I was able to do 5 missions with no crashes where as previously I experienced 2 to 4 crashes per mission. This would hint to a deadlock or race condition problem.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install Windows 10 Pro on C with drivers,
- Install the game on drive D (SteamLibrary folder)
- Fresh install Windows 11 Pro on C with drivers
- Install Steam
- Appoint a game library within Steam to the SteamLibrary folder on D drive so the already downloaded games appear in Steam
- Play the game with multi-threading enabled (worker thread count > 1)
- Get random crashes, around 2 to 4 per mission
- Reduce the worker thread count to 1
- Get no crashes
Mission Name (If Applicable):
Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Constant(100%), but might require a similar hardware / software setup.
Upload Supporting Evidence:
Some crashify links from a couple of days ago.
crashify_links.txt (1.4 KB)
Upload Console Log:
Console log from the recent crash.
console-2023-01-14-21.50.17-eb6f42ec-5c3b-446a-b42e-9c07df522f6d.log (69.0 KB)
Launcher log after todays gaming session.
darktide_launcher.log (246.3 KB)