Why some weapons doesn't have any other appearance?

I’m talking about the mk5 antax combat axe for exemple.

Many weapons have the possibility to have a red skin for example and others have nothing at all.

Why this discrimination? x)

2 Likes

Skins are for weapon families, not for specific marks.
Although the different marks have different default looks.

All mk of combat axe share the same skins.
All mk of tactical axe share the same skins.
All mk of infantry lasgun share the same skins.
And so on.

I am not saying that they shouldn‘t have the red and blue skins for all default looks (different color, but no change to the weapon model).
What i am saying is, that none of the weapons have what you ask for.

3 Likes

If you use mods, the weapon customization mod lets you apply just the skin (ie red or blue texture) to its applicable weapon marks and keep the original models intact. Even if you don’t do anything else with the mod, that’s a nice feature (and should be how the base game operates frankly).

4 Likes

In the “free” shop some weapons have a variant skin you can buy some not that my point.

I’m still so baffled as to why Fatshark designed the base game to do anything otherwise… Their decision-making process for so many aspects of the game is questionable at best, and incompetent if we’re not being charitable.

4 Likes

AFAIK different weapon marks are a lefover of a weapon customisation system Fatshark decided to scrap. I suspect that weapon skins, at least the free ones where never really finished.

3 Likes

A lot of them are weapon marks that either aren’t out yet or have been added since release. For example, the Commissary Revolver cosmetics that we’ve had since release are identical to the new Agripinaa Mk XIV variant of the Revolver that was only added recently.

2 Likes

curious if a skin-mod is bannable, because they sell skins.

No, it is not bannable. Only you can see the skin modifications - it’s only client side. And I believe FS has already weighed in and said it’s fine.

2 Likes

nice to hear!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.