What's the point of the Repeater Pistol & Volley Crossbow?

Well, honestly what’s the difference? The way I see it, good at sniping elites and specials = good at killing elites and specials, especially at longer distances in comparison with other weapons.

Yes, I think a small reload speed reduction would make it perfectly balanced in my eyes.

2 Likes

The difference is range. Fireball is good at killing specials and elites but it’s harder to kill them from far away. Basically the weapons he wrote about.

Yes crossy can penetrate some skaven in a tunnel, but generally speaking crossbow is bad at horde clear.

Edit: sniping specials doesn’t necessarilly mean good at killing elites, for example handgun is good at sniping specials and elites, but it isn’t better then for example manbow in close range.

Yes, that’s literally what I said, thank you.

Aye it is, but crossbow is quite a fair bit better, while also being a lot better at killing them from longer distances. It’s like, really good at killing specials.

But how does that help him at all? What does that do? I don’t understand.

Yeah, I didn’t say it’s a horde clearing weapon, I just said that you can get quite a lot of kills by shooting into a horde (especially with RV and his reload speed talent), and it still helps out with horde clearing if you snipe out any elites.

1 Like

I’m guessing you’ve never used a hagbane or a bludnerbuss or a BoP? Dodge is huge. It allows you to keep using ranged weapons under heavy pressure and lets you easily get off reloads under pressure.

You can be good at killing specials without being a sniper. Like repeater or even shotguns. I never play bluntsman without topping special kills. It just doesn’t kill the far ones. So if a zealot is on my team with an xbow, he will be better at sniping long range gunners or stormers, but I will kill more specials. So I will be better at killing specials and worse at sniping them. Does that make sense?

The Crossbow is good at both sniping elites and specials at long range, and killing multiples of either in quick succession. This is true for both RV and BH, the latter of which has an easier time doing it because of Blessed Shots.
This is because of its reload speed.

1 Like

Well you said ‘sniping is the most important thing’, sleezy answered weapons like hagbane fireball etc are good at elite killing without sniping, i’m confused now do you not remember

I think this is extremely pedantic. I used it as a synonym for ‘killing’, which it practically is in this discussion.

I’ve uhh, definitely used other ranged weapons, thanks. And no, I don’t think I’ve ever ‘needed’ to continuously dodge on crossbow and can’t exactly think why it would be good, since you can just instantaneously switch back and forth between your weapons.

Again, I feel like everyone misunderstood me. When I say ‘snipe’, I mean kill specials while also being able to do it at longer ranges. Crossbow is really good at killing specials and elites.

But I don’t understand what this has to do with the discussion?

The Blunderbuss has the same dodge distance as the Crossbow. It has two more dodges (which is only really useful on a range weapon if your team is dead)
Huntsmen is a better special killer than Zealot in general. That’s an unfair comparison.

3 dodges vs 1 is pretty big difference. I’m confused at your point. Also, how is that only helpful if your team is dead?

Ah i didn’t know you meant with sniping specials is the same as just killing specials. My bad

Well it’s pretty similar, with the only difference between them is that sniping also means good at longer ranges. And crossbow is really good at that stuff.

Why do you need or want more dodges on a ranged weapon?

1 Like

To not get hit while shooting?

1 Like

I can understand it for more active ranged weapons like fireball or blunderbuss, but for crossbow any extra dodge is completely useless in my opinion.

You can still dodge with the crossbow, but it’s not a weapon you continually dodge with, and I’ve been using crossbow a lot with RV and I never felt like I needed any extra dodge with it, wouldn’t help me at all.

2 Likes

I’ll concede the dodge is useful when you’re surrounded by multiple specials and elites that you can’t stagger + no nearby teamates, but in my opinion that’s the only time it will be useful.

You clarified that you understand the difference between sniping and killing specials, but I was using this example to show that they don’t necessarily mean the same thing.

I honestly don’t understand where this discussion has gone at this point, but oh well. Anyways, I don’t really understand what you mean. Like, yeah, obviously being able to kill specials at not just close distances but also longer distances is better than just being able to kill specials at closer distances. That’s a big advantage for the crossbow. That and it just kills specials really well (at least from my experience) and it has, in my opinion, a very fast reload speed.

Having nearby teammates does not mean you won’t be targeted by other mobs. That’s not at all how this game works. Dodge is pretty noticeable if you’re playing in melee and then need to back out to kill multiple specials which means you need to shoot twice and reload twice. Typically, you will have to weapon swap and block at least once to complete the sequence. On higher dodge weapons, there is no need to weapon swap. It’s not a huge difference, but if you’re a high volume special killer, it is certainly noticeable. I’m not saying xbow needs a dodge count buff by any means. It’s just clearly a weakness that it has.

Idk what I can say to help you understand.

Well it’s not really about me. It’s more about the fact that everyone thought I specifically said that killing specials at long distances is the most important thing, and that apparently altered this entire discussion irreparably.

2 Likes